Reviews for The Voyage of the Starship Hedwig
SuperiorShortness chapter 22 . 2/5/2012
Hope we see that sequel soon... I had hoped that the magicals would have been a bit more successful this time though... :(.

A Fan,

Kevin
Aealket chapter 22 . 2/5/2012
Hi,

Ouch, Luna managed to save some of it, and she has been proven right.

Harry is going to be a upset big time.

Alan
tenchifew chapter 22 . 2/5/2012
Great, great story.

Very unusual, very good paced with a lot of twists.

The AI was truly a nasty surprise.

Can't wait for the sequel.

Thank you for writing.
5HAD0W chapter 22 . 2/5/2012
Brilliant cant wait for the next story!
Darth Marrs chapter 22 . 2/5/2012
Excellent way to wrap up the first book of the story, and I'm thrilled that there will be a sequel.
john777 chapter 22 . 2/5/2012
good chapter,

Harry can not trust Hermione, George or Luna

keep writing
Malix2 chapter 22 . 2/5/2012
Great to see a new chapter. I'll be looking forward to more. I have no idea how this will turn out. I wasn't expecting things to go /this/ badly.
m-f42 chapter 22 . 2/5/2012
I was a little disappointed with the direction you took this in the last chapter but this one totally makes up for it. I did not see the AI coming, and you killed Ginny off! (always a good choice). This story looks to be a lot bigger than I originally thought, I commend you for writing it. I first wanted the wizards to smack the muggles down utterly but then that would've been a typical fanfiction story. The way you're doing it, it reads like an actual story from a legitimate author (you know, once you take out the Rowling's characters). I am greatly looking forward to the sequel; well done!
DarkRavie chapter 22 . 2/5/2012
I enjoyed reading your fic and look forward to reading the sequel.
karthik9 chapter 22 . 2/5/2012
it is excellent chapter i look forward to future updates
SuperiorShortness chapter 21 . 2/2/2012
amazing! Why haven't I seen this story around before!

I hope we see some more soon!

A Fan,

Kevin
Darth Marrs chapter 21 . 2/2/2012
This was a surprising find for me. You've crafted an original and fascinating tale that I have thoroughly enjoyed, and I look forward to reading more!
Midnighter 13 chapter 21 . 1/28/2012
I have to say I love this story! It is scientifically accurate, realistic, and gives characters and civilizations advantages and disadvantages that they both use to their full potential. If the wizards can keep the muggles bottled up on Earth for long enough (which shouldn’t be to hard given they have a fleet of battle cruisers in the Sol System) then they could potentially control a number of planets (and not necessarily ones that muggles would consider habitable) and simply grow faster than the muggles (using cloning technology). The best part is they don’t even have to win. A tie or draw in a war with the muggles benefits the wizards because it would take the muggles 40 years to get to their nearest planet.

Now, I just did some math based on the idea of wizards living in enlarged spaces. I chose to use a sphere similar to the original Hedwig with an internal surface area of 1 km cubed. Now, if inside that sphere there are 49 other spheres (7 being a powerful number) and inside each of those there are 49 more etcetera, then at the 7th level of spheres there would be a total internal volume of 657,123,623,600,000,000,000 km cubed. For comparison the Earth itself has a volume of 1,097,509,500,000,000,000,000. This means a single ship like Hedwig could have an internal space more than half of the VOLUME of the entire Earth in LIVABLE SPACE. Now, the best part is, once a sphere has more than seven layers, it can leave the sphere it is inside of and become its own sphere with 7 layers and an internal volume of 6.5 * 10 to the 22 power.

If you use the original 3km area, then each of the “mother spheres” would contain MORE livable space than the Earth has VOLUME, which is an incredible feat which could hold hundreds of trillions (with a T) of wizards, Gelves or other creatures or maybe even more!

If each of those is placed on a separate planet (even if they are not strictly speaking “habitable”) and gather resources from those planets, then the wizards will never fear extinction again. As an added bonus, each “main” sphere (the one who’s hull abuts the outside world) could have a large floo station so spheres could floo directly from one world to another, greatly increasing the speed and scope of wizard expansion.

Under this scenario, the wizards only have to keep the muggles bottled up, and ensure they have some warships to protect their “mother spheres” and they can’t lose. To supply the raw materials needed for the massive number of people living in each mother sphere the main sphere could siphon water (or rock and convert it to water via a ward) and then have that transfigured into everything that is needed, used to grow crops, and build more spheres when needed.
5HAD0W chapter 21 . 1/26/2012
Hey this is good, it looks like things are heating up.

Soooooooooooo when ya gunna update then?
Thanasi chapter 1 . 1/23/2012
Your story was amazing for the first few chapter... then i think you lost track of your characters somewhere... you make them revenge filled, then you make them sympathetic... you have hermoine creating a whole new race against the goblins will and then you have her become all moral... you need to make up your mind on your characters stances. Personally im disgusted that you just didnt go through with it and kill off the humans.. really if we lose we will lose with our souls? WTF there whole thing was surviving not dying with their souls in tact.. if they wanted that they'd have just stayed on earth in the first place.

Had great potential but you lost it... ill read to see the ending but you really disapointed on this.
374 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »