Reviews for The Voyage of the Starship Hedwig
Malix2 chapter 21 . 1/5/2012
Interesting to see a new chapter, keep up the excellent work. :)
Aealket chapter 21 . 1/5/2012
Hi,

Nice update, It was good to see Luna back in action.

For the record, I agree with both sides of the argument, I expect The fight will be long and very messy. So why don't that destroy the Nexus? Or even a part of the Nexus?

Alan
m-f42 chapter 21 . 1/5/2012
With the wait for this chapter and the change of plans herein I must confess myself disappointed.
karthik9 chapter 21 . 1/5/2012
it is excellent chapter i look forward to future updates
Malix2 chapter 20 . 12/28/2011
Okay, this story is interesting, although I have to wonder if they're really going to destroy them? I find myself up in the air about which I'd prefer, on one hand it seems rather evil, on the other I'm wondering if they'd actually go through with it. Although throughout this story the characters have been quite a bit more ruthless, which I'm not entirely sure I like.
Cristalake chapter 20 . 12/24/2011
Wonderful fic. Very original. I hate most of the characters and the disonest and hypocritic way they go about thei buisness but they are so realistic I can't help but adore the story. Here's hoping it ends well!
kairai-kun chapter 20 . 12/24/2011
This is a beautiful peace of work that both astounds and inspires me. I really hope that you update this soon. Frankly I think this is one of the greatest pieces of fanfiction that I have ever seen, including Less Wrong's Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality.
Joe Lawyer chapter 20 . 12/24/2011
I have very mixed feelings about this story. After the first 10 or so chapters I was ecstatic with it. It was different and unique and interesting. But then Harry and company gets on this planet and he is besieged with problem after problem and he just doesn’t get a break. I didn’t get to read about Harry being happy or creating a happy new world; I really don’t expect it be all smiles and sunshine, but give the guy a break! Instead of a harem of lovely wives who he adores, his love life is this messed up political situation. All my favorite ladies like Hermione and Luna and Fleur and Tonks are with other guys or dead.

There just hasn’t been a good balance between happy happenings and crushing obstacles. Even Harry as this powerful dictator like figure doesn’t even get to reap the benefits of his position. The whole story is him being largely selfless and acting in the best interests of his people, even if they can’t see it, yet being vilified for it the whole time. It’s a frustrating thing to read. But I can’t ignore just how interesting and wide in scope the whole story is…both in big picture issues as well as timescale. That alone is enough to keep me along for the ride. Though I do wish we got to see more of their culture at work. What would they have created for themselves in the absence of muggles and the need to hide? What kind of society did they build? Exploring those differences could have been really interesting.

The preemptive strike against Earth is pretty interesting to read about. You’ve certainly got the whole Battlestar Galactica vibe down pat. But I think it might have been easier to just build as many nuclear weapons as needed and just portkey them down to the surface of Earth. Or create a magical biological organism to wipe out the population. Returning to Earth once again and taking the place back. Now that is something to think about.

Anyways…I’ll put an alert on the story and look forward to future updates. Thank you for writing!
5HAD0W chapter 20 . 12/19/2011
Oow i like, and i hope that your not loosing intrest in this cos the story line has only gotten better.
Zyanadryn chapter 20 . 12/17/2011
OMG... are hary and the gang gonna produce an

E.L.E?

great srory! !looking forward to ur next update!
DaemonWelsh chapter 20 . 12/14/2011
Excellent story, please continue as best you can.
everpresent chapter 8 . 12/14/2011
(Late reviewing this)... this is the last presence of Fawkes that we've seen in the story so far, and you're up to chapter 20 at the time I write this. Now that Harry and crew have come back to Earth will they see Fawkes again? Will they find any other remnants of magical creatures? Did the muggles seriously wipe them all out and not keep any for study in zoos and the like?

Regardless, I wonder if the return of Fawkes could be the turning point for Harry, who seems fairly dark and driven circa chapter 20.

Thanks for sharing; I'm enjoying this!
everpresent chapter 20 . 12/13/2011
It's kind of too bad that you killed of Bill Weasley.

I was just reviewing earlier chapters and read the scene where Arthur takes his leave, and he instructs Bill in being the new head of house Weasley. He speaks somewhat prophetically, I thought, of Harry needing someone to restrain him to prevent him becoming like Voldemort or Albus.

I think the later chapters have proved this true. Harry is being rather tyrannical, and a bit unpleasant as well, not to mention close-minded. He really does need some mellowing and restraint. You certainly have tortured our poor hero in this story. First there wer so many deaths. Including most of the Weasleys. Then to force that sham of a marriage upon him as well.

I am very curious as to how you are going to wrap this up. I don't see pushing deimos into a collision with the earth as being really a good solution.

Now to another topic. In the early battle chapters, the comment is made by the chief colonel how stagnant the wizard world is, and Harry admitted the truth of it. But now 100 years later the tables seem to have turned. The wizards are working and growing and developing technology, but the muggles have stagnated with their nexus and body sculpting, such that they don't even really have any decent space presence. Sad really.

I look forward to this unfolding.
Darklooshkin chapter 20 . 12/10/2011
A moon. They're going to steal a goddamn moon. Good Lord. Great story.
heathw chapter 20 . 12/10/2011
Just found this story today and I love it. There is no problem which cannot be solved if you throw a big enough rock at it.
354 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »