Reviews for Just Jump
Annonumouse chapter 1 . 7/19/2013
i know that makes no since if you had the long fall boots i mean was there nerotoen at the bottom and she broke through the tubing?
sorry don't have the letter between w and y so...
or was there a deadly toic water down there?
anyways other then that i would love to read more if there was.
Omega the Omniscient chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
CAKE! *jumps in pit* (five minutes after reaching terminal velocity) Oh wait... that wasn't one of your conditions. Oh well. At least my long fall boots will- *splat*

Very well written, especially GLaDOS's reprimand at the end. And thank you for your logic regarding the pits. That bothered me too.
Afatcat101 chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
I agree. If I was chell, I would have jumped at "just jump"

I would have gone insane long ago.

I already am insane

Anyway

Good job

I liked the story, really.

It was creative and well written.

Now where's my cake?
Kuso Shroan chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
How do you do it? Seriously, HOW? I took a leap of faith - haha, I made a funny - and read this without ever having played the game, and you STILL made me giggle hard enough to startle my dogs. Seriously, you're excellent. Oh yeah, and so is the story! :) Two thumbs up!
hamnox chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
There's a limit to how much stress even the long fall boots can take.

Cake plz
SunyWrites chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
Ah! Love it love it! It needs to be more than just a one shot! And I can't understand why you die either...they give you the long fall boots for a reason!
Commander Alice Shepard chapter 1 . 7/4/2011
To answer what you said at the end (unsure if it's been answered yet OTL I didn't look) there's no bottom to land on (somehow). Therefor,the boots can't be activated,since they work with landing,and not with just plain falling.

Also,I loved this idea and this story :3
DangerousMuteLunatic chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
Somehow, this seems far more tragic than anything else to me. The fact that he was her FRIEND was her breaking point... aw. Also, GIMME MY CAKE, PHOENIX!
theepitomeofrandom chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
well, if the pits really were bottomless, then i guess youd starve to death...or dehydrate or something...or old age...
Imperfect chapter 1 . 7/1/2011
Maybe you die because of Mashy Spikey Plates?
GreatZero chapter 1 . 7/1/2011
ok this will be random. but somebody should write a story about if she did jump and all that was down there. i think it would be...interesting,
Clemerl chapter 1 . 7/1/2011
Well she sure showed both him and that pit who's boss. Nice job.
greg chapter 1 . 7/1/2011
Well, to answer your question, infinityphoenix, (The one stated at the end AN) Long-Fall-Boots probably only go so long. Three things I want to say: 1: Wheatley could not figure out how to get acid goo into the tests, so he opened the bottom of the chamber. 2: If you had a HUGE map that went for 1 hour long to get to the bottom, the long fall boots would STILL catch you. There are triggers which do insta kill at the bottom of the pits.3: If Chell COULD survive the drop, she would be stuck at the the bottom of a pit forever.
EvilGenius27 chapter 1 . 7/1/2011
Hilarious story :D Wheatley's best dialogue comes from that scene IMHO. Kudos on getting the exact wording right, too. Can I has cake now?
XxSweet-NightmarexX chapter 1 . 7/1/2011
It's theorized that it would take so long to find your way back up that the facility would explode first. I mean, just thinking about how long it took to get out of Old Aperture... *shudder*

Anyways, I love GLaDOS' reactions. XD