Reviews for The Dark Knight's Little Woman
trrmo77 chapter 6 . 11/6/2013
I was so excited to see your update (and then I couldn't review right away).

I do love this story and hope that you continue it! It is so unique and we have to find out how they get together!
Guest chapter 6 . 8/25/2013
Jo was always slangy and boisterous with an intellectual/philosophical bend, which you capture and portray very well. However, the book also had strong spiritual/religious tones and the "God Laurie," exclamation doesn't seem very consistent with the reverence that even Jo usually had. It just took me out of the story for a moment to see Jo say something that didn't seem totally in keeping with how she spoke in the book, I can't remember everything from the film too well. She seems more the type to swear by the Greek or Roman gods like 'By Jupiter' or even her old standby of 'Christopher Columbus'. Those may be a bit archaic though, but she always seemed to enjoy rather unique turns of phrase. In any case, I thought the interaction between these two was splendid and utterly believable for their characters in how they would respond to one another. The pause before he said spelunking was great. I'm still hoping he might pull Jo in on his schemes, but it's also totally believable for him to hold off because she isn't responding quite the way he wants her to/he wants to impress her with his undercover heroics by building it up more before telling her or enticing her into saying Batman is cool before she knows it's him. I'm so glad you had the 'what you do defines you' line, which was my fav from the film, and it was brilliant to have it stem from Beth. He is, secretly, fighting for justice, but he's also doing a lot of dissipated things right now (I love old terminology) and whether he means it or not, he's still doing it. So does John Brooke come into this tale as an employee or informant or are most other people going to be from the Batman universe? Very good teaser line at the end of this chapter, I hope we'll get to see the next entry soon!
LilHare chapter 6 . 8/25/2013
Glad to see an update, but wish it was longer. Nothing happen in this short chapter.
mkoobs chapter 1 . 8/24/2013
I love this so much, please keep writing it! You have done a fantastic job weaving together the Batman trilogy and Little Women. Jo and Laurie are my favourite couple that never actually was together, so please make me eternally happy and continue writing this story
Allessandria chapter 6 . 8/24/2013
Nicely written, but so short :(. Hope you make your next chapters longer, with a little more action.
Thanks for updating!
Wins chapter 5 . 8/10/2013
I simply love your work! :)
FullMentalPanic chapter 5 . 7/10/2013
Ha! The site can't limit your reviews if you're not logged in! I was a little surprised with this just because I thought the splitting point of racy vs. non-racy happened after what used to be the Ch. 5 preview, but I like it. Jo refusing to be swept off her feet by Laurie seems very in keeping with her character. I like the almost conflicting elements of her personality, that she's outraged over Laurie's comment but still sees the whole situation as rather chuckle-worthy. The moment where Laurie gets dangerously mad was good, especially with how he beats it back. I can indicate that he's not as grown up as he might like and still has a simmering temper that he might not reign in next time, or it could just show that he's still human and prone to being aggravated even if he doesn't act on the temptation to strike back. Either option is good. Looking forward to more!
Guest chapter 5 . 7/10/2013
Great storyline! Don't let us wait to long for an
Update
Winona chapter 5 . 7/9/2013
Please please please do continue! I love this story to death! 3 Your work is amazing :D
Alessandria411 chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
**REVIEW For CH.5- Preview**

After that teaser, I'm Looking very much forward to the actual chapter:-) . I can totally picture Christian Bale as dual Laurie/Batman here, which makes the story line even more scintillating. Update soon!
Guest chapter 5 . 7/7/2013
Thank goodness you didnt abandon this story. I love the simmering tension and passion between Jo/Laurie. I can't wait to read your next chapter (which I hope is sooner, rather than later).
Ladyinshiningarmour chapter 3 . 7/7/2013
Hmm, couldn't review chapter 5 because apparently you've rearranged the chapters(?) and only allows 1 review per chapter, but here's one for you for the blurb anyway :)

I'm so stoked for the next chapter...which will hopefully be up soon (possibly in the next few days? Pretty please :D)

I absolutely LOVE brooding, angsty-Laurie, so your blurb has currently awakened my swooning inner-Laurie-fangirl. Greatly anticipate the update with the actual chapter, and great job with the story so far!
FullMentalPanic chapter 5 . 7/3/2013
Yeah, she's totally into him, or at least her curiosity is piqued. Personally, I think I prefer it if this stays on the more wholesome side of the road. Getting across emotion and connection without resorting to overly sensual scenes can be more of a challenge, but I think it almost always results in better writing and a truer sense of chemistry than if the author takes the shortcut of just having the characters take a role in the sheets to sum up their relationship. Plus, I think sexuality loses it's impact when it's all bared in smut.
FullMentalPanic chapter 4 . 7/3/2013
You can really feel the disappointment at seeing Teddy become what he apparently has. I was a little surprised that Jo harbors some romantic fancies concerning Laurie since she always so loudly proclaimed that it wasn't like that between them in the book and the film. At the same time, I kind of like it. They are meant to be, and if even the possibility of a closer relationship is playing around in Jo's head, I think it's a good start for what we all know should be happening. Her impatience and aggravation is wonderful, and I especially enjoyed her daydreaming about telling Laurie off AND how she actually gets to enact a version of it. You have an excellent handle on the characters and their interaction is so believable for their personalities while also being very entertaining. I like how THIS Batman is still very much Laurie and seems much more likely to pull his long time confidant and friend in on his secret identity so they can work together as they have in the past and like he's always wanted them to be able to instead of holding her at arm's length to preserve secrecy. He wanted to marry her after, so he wants her to know what he's doing. IS he going to tell all?
FullMentalPanic chapter 3 . 7/3/2013
I seriously enjoy the wry humor that you salt this with. Very good job with Jo's assessment of the situation and of Laurie himself when he eventually enters, it establishes her own outlook and character as someone who doesn't like frills and has the insight to tell that there's something up with Laurie.
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »