Reviews for Samson's curls
Onedaysoon378 chapter 1 . 3/30/2014
I love the absolute adoration that radiates from every word. Good job, i.m.o. I'll be sure to read more of your work :)
tigersilver chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
Lovely, lovely stuff...and very creative indeed (plus well considered, really.)
Progenitus chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
Let me just say, the moment I saw 'Samson's curls' I was like, Oh god, /Samson/ and thought of his mass of curls in that famous etching of him, where he's coming through the pillars wrecking havoc. Then I thought omg, you're going to make Sherlock blind, but that's just taking the allusion too far.

"long hair curling around his wrists like manacles of black iron", and oh here comes the imagery.

(Also my friends say that I touch my hair far too much-they call it distracting, flirting; and I call it worshiping.)
sami1010220 chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
Cute ending. I love how all of your fics that I've read so far can be seen as cute, but have a dark underlying theme. It's entrancing
Hotarukun chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
I absolutely love the way this was written and all of the emotion poured into it really made my heart hurt haha. It was beautiful, truly, great job ) A Sherlock and John reunion done right
zevbaldwin chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
Great!
Forbidden.from.love chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
This was lovely! The beginning when John thought Sherlock was an illusion just about broke my heart.

PS. I totally have a hair!kink, too. I love how there's this subtle, soft sensuality to it.
ReaderinthePNW chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
I've just read this and "of scars and other demons," and I think that your writing is beautiful-I love how you just crawl inside their souls with a candle and illuminate them like stained glass! I'm very happy for you about your book, last year, and look forward to seeing what I can find of it (if it's in English). Beautiful writing!

-Tara
ImLostForever chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
Awwww...
ultraviolet128 chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
Well, what a gorgeous little story :) So sweet, and very nicely written too (loved your similes, by the way) - the descriptions of Sherlock were both wonderfully detailed and poignant. Ah, just lovely :) x
Aenisses Thai chapter 1 . 7/1/2011
This is a stunningly beautiful story. I went to your author page to look up other works of yours, and I was amazed at how young you are. Your talent is undeniable, however, which makes me not the least bit surprised that you are already published. (I've also been to Slovenia twice, and, while small, it is also a breathtakingly lovely country, with sheer snow-capped mountains and deep forests and jewel-like lakes.)

So, the review. I love your use of imagery in this story, mixing so much darkness into what is usually regarded as a happy moment in canon. You have a wonderful grasp of mythology, which enables you to use metaphors for Sherlock's hair like Medusa's snakes, black iron manacles, and of course, biblical references such as Samson and the crucifixion imagery of a black crown of night instead of thorns.

Both John and Sherlock are complex and layered in this story, their mutual suffering poignant and clear. I often dislike the easy forgiveness Sherlock earns from John for three years absence (both in most fanfics and in canon), but Sherlock's pain is shown so vividly by you, that I find myself pleased with John's understanding.

John's thought processes are especially amazing. I love his conflicted feelings about Sherlock's hair, his rejection of Delilah's role when he remembers how the Pashtun women suffered in Afghanistan, and of course, his acknowledgment of the length of Sherlock's hair as a badge of his suffering and endurance. Finally, John's loss of control, his determination not to cry, is absolutely heartbreaking.

You have done an amazing job with this story, painting a picture with maturity and skill, and I look forward to your future works. Bravi!
Disastergirl chapter 1 . 7/1/2011
This was really beautiful. I loved your description of Sherlock returned from his three years on the run and John's reaction to him.