Reviews for A Typical Fridays
Faiakishi chapter 5 . 7/16/2013
As a bird owner, the way Bakura often handled Bird!Marik made me cringe. Also, this oneshot has to be one of the most bizarre things I've ever read on this site. How the heck did you come up with this plot?
Jem Kallop chapter 30 . 5/18/2013
Ok, so I know this story's quite old by now, but I couldn't read it all and not drop you a review. It's beautiful. Like, every single chapter I will happily read again, and I could gush on and on about how much I love each one, but, well, we'd be here for a VERY long time if I did! So, instead, I'm just going to pick out my favourites. XD

Chapter 5: oh GOSH, I love this! My favourite out if all of them, actually. The Marik-bird never failed to crack me up, and I loved how you characterised everyone, particularly Marik and Bakura - they acted exactly how I thought they would. You have a real talent for putting them in all these random situations, and still staying true to their characters. Bravo!

Chapter 9: Oh, this one was just beautiful. Your characterisation of Yami Marik is the best I have ever read - it really helped me to understand his character. Everything he did was so believable. You also managed to actually make me feel sorry for him, which I never thought I would because he is such an evil psycho. But you wrote his situation so beautifully, I couldn't not love this chapter. Plus, the thiefshipping was adorable. _

Chapter 20: Oh, I loved this one. As well as it's prequel, actually, but this I just adored. Bakura is so believable, and I am so thrilled you didn't make his love confession too gushy, because then it wouldn't be IC. I love how he just screamed at Marik that he hated him, and then Marik worked it out. I love that your Marik actually had a brain, too, and was smart enough to work it out without it dragging on for ages. Loved this chapter!

Chapter 24: Oh, this one made me cry. Marik is heartbreaking in this, how he keeps hunting for Bakura even though he know deep down it's pointless...oh, absolutely heartbreaking. But I love the way you wrote the flashback to conversations between Bakura and Marik; that was really clever, and I can't tell you how much I love reading it. I will be coming back to this chapter many, many times.

Chapter 26: So much fun! I just absolutely love this plot. It's so original, and so well written, and I adore it more than I can tell you. Such fabulous writing, wonderful characterisation, and I love the way Marik fought Zorc. Your writing always draws me in, but this chapter had me on tenterhooks the whole way through. Fabulous!

So, now I've bored you to death with all my boring comments...let me just say, your writing is incredible and beautiful. Once I started reading, I literally could not stop. This is an incredible piece of writing, and one I shall most definitely be returning to!
IamSoinLovewithYou chapter 30 . 2/2/2013
hello!
so, most of the time, i'm a silent reader. I read a lot of story's, but i don't review that much. but this ... this is just way too beautiful to not say anything. i enjoyed almost every story you've written in this! i say almost, because the ones i didn't like were the angsty ones, and that's just because i don't like the genre.
also, at first, the chapter where they have to take care of baby Yuugi, i thought i wasn't going to like it. but was i ever wrong! that turned out to be one of the best of all the chapters!
it's just, even though you don't seem to be happy with all of you're chapters, i really like your writing style
i also really enjoyed the random -or not so random- banter at the start or ending of each chapter. i was actually a bit sad when they were short!

so yeah... i really liked this. and i really like the way you write. and i also like your humour!

xx
Pretty.Odd chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
I've always loved this story, if I wanted to read some substantial Thiefshipping fic I'd always come back to this. So I wanted to say thank you for writing the most eclectic and well written series of stories about Marik and Bakura I've read because I seriously appreciate it. I really hope you keep writing these two
Pirfanini chapter 1 . 11/22/2012
Just excellent. The writing, supreme, the one-shots, witty and refreshing. Reading this was a joy, and each story held it's own surprise. Honestly one of the best thiefshipping fics of all time-you hold great potential as an author. Of course I favourized some stories over others, but I enjoyed them all immensly.
Speaking of potential, I believe that many of these stories will and can become marvellous independent stories. Now,for a multi chapter story, the chapters of Bakura "hating" Marik, Dartz being à Bully... Despite that "school love" is an overused concept, this was a truly refreshing experience of a story. If you were to transform any of these to bigger projects, I'd highly recommend that one- it has potential indeed.
My respects, Pirfanini
impurepet chapter 30 . 10/25/2012
loved it. didn't review much cuz i was reading like crazy, but i've finished now so here's one from me. also, im not sure if it was intentional or not but i just adore the part with "we're on a ship", cuz they sooooo are. a thiefship anyway. good job. it was a stunning, long last chapter, very diverse and simply a i'll just go read your suggestions. good luck with your future projects and work and everything else you've got going on. till next time!
impurepet chapter 10 . 10/10/2012
gorgeous! i feel a bit better that you didn't let the wedding story end like that! oh, and the part in the back street reminds me of someone trying to tame a kitty. the thought of that is just so adorable! *gives cookie* good writer :))
iPanda16 chapter 30 . 10/5/2012
sorry this took so long for me to review. school is out now, and when your a junior in highschool wanting to go to a good college things won't be easy for me anymore ;
but i have to say that i really enjoyed reading this whole thing, considering that i almost died laughing at the creampuff addiction and bakura's reaction to the pelican in space thing XDD
and i have to say that i'm honored to have my bit in there as well, too. thank you so much for putting that haunted house bit in there, it really makes me happy!
SoulMistress12 chapter 30 . 10/1/2012
Aw! It ended? D: but I loved it do much!
This chapter was arguably the most beautiful of them all. Your descriptions of the happy-people gone evil made me shiver in my seat. And the ending made me fall out of my chair, for some reason.

Well played, ma'am, well played.
One of my favorite
Favorites
Ever.

Soul
nihao.muse chapter 30 . 9/29/2012
I can't believe you managed to mesh so many different ideas into a coherent plot. Really impressive, actually! This was both funny and touching, even if the ending was a little rushed. I didn't realize there was an order to the scenes, but your explanation does make sense.

You did a great job with my idea, so thanks! I love this collection and I look forward to all you write in the future.
Mistories chapter 30 . 9/29/2012
Okay, so I'm in a really creepy place at a very creepy time (evening, where the vampires come out) and I thought "To hell with it; I'm going to find the nearest damn Starbucks and I'm going to use the WiFi to read crack!Thiefshipping before they suck my blood." What do I get? The greatest crack that has ever graced my eyes!

I swear you have psychic powers. I don't usually like crack, but combined with my utterly creepy situation and your masterful writing, I was distracted enough to giggle and rant at Marik (so cruel to Bakura...) such that the vampires detected my fangirly vibes and wandered away!

I know you probably didn't do this intentionally, but my favorite part of the story was when, at a critical moment, Bakura yelled out "Mark." If you didn't mean to do that, DON'T CHANGE IT. I find it wonderfully ironic ;)
Anamique4 chapter 30 . 9/29/2012
NUUUUUUUU IT'S OVER...! :O Can't believe it...

Haha, that was even better than I expected! I DO think my suggested part was the best part, not to brag or anything. *preens* :P

"Maybe pelicans are good pilots," Malik said, still frowning.
"No they're not!" Bakura shot back. "Pelicans
are horrible, horrible pilots!"

That part made me giggle uncontrollably. Oh my goodness, yes. XD

Anyways, thanks for the ride. I was in it for the long haul, and I'm glad it all payed off in the end. ¡Adiós! 3
TheAverIn chapter 30 . 9/29/2012
WHAT THE HELL?
Mistories chapter 29 . 9/14/2012
That was actually very touching. How is it that you manage to write such good angst and end up hating it? How? Because this made me feel emotional enough to have reruns of "When You're Gone" by Avril Lavigne circling around my head. Marik growing old is one of the two fandom fears for this pairing (the other is Bakura never coming back) and you wrote it beautifully so that I felt sad. I was confused as to whether he had paranoid schizophrenia (you mentioned at one point that Marik was always paranoid) or Alzheimer's, or some variant of the two.

I understand Bakura's feelings about how Marik needs to die, as heartless as it would sound to a third party. I wonder how he'll fare when Marik is actually gone...but perhaps this is for another time...

DRATS! I missed the contest! Oh well, I really didn't have a lot of ideas anyway. I just want to see what you cook up!
Mistories chapter 28 . 9/14/2012
Poor Marik's father. Coming home and hearing that your son is a heretic, then dying for an initiation that he himself had to undergo when he was a child. It doesn't help that he was so much alike with Aknadin as well...

To be honest, I didn't really want any shota Citronshipping because Bakura seemed creepy enough in this...but I was pleased at their relationship as it was. It was awfully cute, like Bakura was Marik's older brother who taught him things that weren't the normal things he was otherwise taught (did you follow that? Cuz I didn't). I was also wondering what this had to do with the tomorrow is Saturday theme...but then, there's only so much you can do when all the lyrics are so alike.

Great oneshot! I'm off to read the next!