Reviews for forever reaching, they are
Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
Tis' a good thing!
Unicorn Paige chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
I don't even have words. I absolutely adored this! Something about Sakura silently following Sasuke. And the way you characterized Sasuke? Ack, very good!

The ending was pure magic. I'm convinced.

Alicera chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
OmiGod. It's really beautiful. Thanks for making this wonderful fic. ;D
Bishie Huntress chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
This is beautiful and moving and heartbreaking. I love it. I agree with your other reviewers; there is a wonderful poetry here that is truly a rare find. I feel inspired after reading, and as if I have been immersed in a dream you brought to life and do not want to wake. Personally, I didn't see anything wrong with the first half. Or the second. I think the entire story is amazing.

I especially liked Sakura's differing descriptions of Naruto: "Naruto's eyes had reminded her of the sky. Being friends with him had almost been as good as being free."

and Sasuke: "Being with Sasuke (but never actually with Sasuke) is likeā€¦is like following the rabbit down through the dark, dank hole. It is like chasing dreams that you never want to come true and cupping water in the cracks between your fingers. Being with Sasuke is reminiscent of sleeping with your regrets, of taking rusting handcuffs and snapping them around your own wrists.

Being with Sasuke is nothing like being free."

I felt that they were appropriately accurate, and loved that she could see it so clearly, and that she loved them each because of, or despite, it.

I look forward to more with great anticipation!
venusmelody chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
First off, Final Fantasy VII inclusion win.

There's so much about this that I love. The integration of Sasuke's vengeance feelings (for Naruto, for the city he grew up in) that parallels canon. The sheer brutality. The gorgeous writing. I particularly loved:

"She shivers in the cold and her breath is a cloud of white that does not suit her...He thinks that she is like some exotic hothouse flower; stranded in a cold she didn't belong to."

Somehow, it seems very right about Sakura, or at least the way Sasuke first sees her.

"He spotted her one night between one dilapidated building and the next. It was nothing more than a brief flash of pink under a flickering street light, but he'd known. Where else could you find color so bright under the plate unless it was on her?"

It's so matter-of-fact, and yet it warms my shipper's heart.

"How does it feel to whore out your soul?"

THIS line. Love.

"He would be the death of her, she thought, late at night after reciting the Hippocratic Oath to herself ten times over. There was weight in those thoughts, and she clung to it when there was no certainty anywhere else."

And this. It's so poetically beautiful, to see Sakura's thoughts.

And that entire flashback of Sakura's memories was beautiful and powerful.
SBP chapter 1 . 7/1/2011
Woah! That was intense! Awesome job.
Pandastacia chapter 1 . 7/1/2011

I liked how, though the events weren't in chronological order, they made SENSE.

& the answer (assuming I read correctly what the answer was)... It was poetic & not just "freedom" or "revenge" or some material thing.

Favorite sentence had to be, "Sakura says nothing about the sensation of glass cracking splitting shattering beneath her, or the high, keening sound the supports of the building makes as she slams her body repeatedly against the daylight streaming."
22 | « Prev Page 1 2