Reviews for Jolly Sailors Bold
maraudering88 chapter 1 . 12/30/2015
This is so sweet, I love how... childlike Finnick seemed here, so innocent and sweet! I love his interactions with Annie, him calling her Anemone (or is that her real name?) and seeing him struggle with pirate speak haha too cute! I adore how Mags was like with Finnick and Annie, becoming part of the crew and joking around with them. The "crossover" with Pirates of the Caribbean was great too, how you incorporated the movies as stories that are passed down in District 4. The end made me emotional to be honest, "away from Panem, away from the Capitol, into myth and legend" - after knowing what happened at the end of Mockingjay I can't help but want this ending for them, that they just sailed away and escaped. (I always wondered if the Capitol guarded the seas or people just never really tried to escape via the sea since they didnt know of other land masses apart from Panem?)
electric gurrl chapter 1 . 5/17/2015
This made me smile, even with the bittersweet last line. I love Finnick playing pirates with Annie and Mags. Just perfect.
stars4redvines chapter 1 . 8/4/2014
I love this story and how you approached writing Finnick and Annie. It is so well written with them interacting with each other so perfectly and wonderfully... I'm sorry but I don't think I have the words to give this story justice. I truly love this story and enjoyed reading it.
LunaPadma chapter 1 . 5/12/2014
No joke, not only am I listening to Hoist the Colours while reading this, I'm also trying to figure out a way to write some sort of Percy Jackson Aphrodite Girl Thing to it.
TheInsanityThatHidesWithin chapter 1 . 5/9/2014
You are the most amazing writer, I love all your stories!
shadowphantomnes chapter 1 . 12/28/2013
Oh, I like this story and I'm so glad it isn't angst. Finnick really got a raw deal, so at least he has a glimmer of hope in this story. And Annie being named Anemone makes me smile... and Mags is fun, too.
Fearless Rider chapter 1 . 8/20/2013
I like this, it's very cute. You weaved the song in well too. :)
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 7/19/2013
hehehe. I think this is really fun, though. A nice break from the other horrors of the games. It's nicer to think that Finnick can pretend his cursed gold makes him a pirate adventurer on the high seas.
varicose chapter 1 . 6/24/2013
Lovely and dripping in style. Visual, full of sea bearing imagery and setting. I loved it. It was a childish and oh so elegant.
yay chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
This is sweet in it's way.
theredrobin chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
I adore the Peter Pan-like tone this story has (er, that might be considered blasphemous of me because of all the pirate stuff, but I stand by it). To see Finnick as a lost, silly little boy, clinging to the tattered remains of his childhood that the Games left him with and reveling in it along with Annie (and Mags!)...it's as endearing and it is bittersweet. Honestly, I'm not sure this should have made me feel as sad as I do.
liza chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
very funny, very sweet. i love it! it was cute when finnick attempted and failed pirate speak on annie and it was awesome when mags wanted to be part of the crew. this would have been a nice ending for finnick.

this made me wonder though. how do the d4 boundaries work with the water? hmm...
Elizabeth.M.Kelli chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
This is adorable, it might not be serious like most of your other stories, but it's cute and funny, and worth the read anyways.
kms96 chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
this was so sweet! it's nice to see a G writing from you and I loved Finnick's bad pirate-speak! don't criticize your own work!
Maddie chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
I don't know why you call this your worst fic, I thought it was sweet and wonderful.