Reviews for When Summer Ends
Anonymous chapter 1 . 3/26/2014
Just beautiful... Please make more if you have a chance! I love this movie, and there needs to be more Fanfiction about it!
earthygirl1234 chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
:) I love these 'Joe/Alice' stories, because they're full of sweetness. And YOU just proved that point. :) Love it! :)
Arocksprpl2 chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
Awww! Loved that!
thelumineers chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
I didn't review this one? What is this?

This is one of my favorite Super 8 fanfictions...while I love all of the ones you've written, this one in particular is one that I enjoy because I like things that are separated into parts. Because I'm weird like that. Yeah.

Also, I agree with you on the whole "Alice has an ED" thing. She does seem to be the type.

Joe was completely in-character...I love this particular section:

"I want to apologize."

"For what?" She stared up at him, bemused, her chin pointing toward the center of his collarbone.

"For not having done this sooner," he whispered. He stroked her face with the back of one mittened hand and kissed her again.

"What?" she exclaimed, but against his lips it sounded like "Whumf?"

"And for not having said this sooner," he breathed. "And that's that I love you. I think. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm in love with you now."

I can just picture it happening, you know? Joe would totally say those things and do those things and just...yeah. This is such a wonderful one shot.

Thank you for making such wonderful Super 8 fics and for not being even slightly weirded out that I keep on coming back to them :)
Gloxinia chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
That last section was so adorable! A really cute story, truly. The characters joe and Alcie were pretty well done. A cute story with a nice text and nice plot. A little repetitive at points but still a fabulous read. Keep up the good writing!
somethingborrowed3 chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
Ah, this is really quite cute and sweet. Its difficult to establish these recurring elements in oneshots, like the number of eyelashes, but you used them well in this story.

I really enjoyed reading this, thank you for posting it! Excellent work.
UnofficiallyClove chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
Awww. :,) This is so cute! I absolutely love your writing style; you're very talented. I really enjoy your Super 8 stories. You really capture the relationships that they all portrayed during the movie. I love it. :)
ThisIsRis chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
so cute! i loved it!
MLEetc chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
Wow! This is an amazing story! I love the imagery, it is really, really good. Te dialogue is fitting, the length keeps it interesting, an the characters are realistically portrayed. This is definitely one of my favorite fics ever, and I've been reading for a long time. two thumbs up!
ResidentCrazyBlonde chapter 1 . 7/7/2011
:}
ailaalive chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
This is insanely cute. I mean that in a good way. You're such an amazing writer. Jalice is so realistic in the worlds you write about; I love it.
Jonuda chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
Once again, awesome work. You write their characters really well and despite the fact that the story only follows two characters, interest is never lost. Their thoughts feel so natural and in tune with what is seen in the movie. I can't tell you how delightedly surprised I was when I checked the category and found another Super 8 fic written by you! You are tied with my personal favorite writer in the fandom (the other being a writer on LJ) so I hope you continue to write Super 8 fics like the two you've written. No other author has successfully written Joe/Alice like you have! I literally laughed out loud at the final line. Brilliant!
ireactions chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
Wow. This was really cute and romantic. I really felt like you summoned the presence of the actors when you wrote this story and captured that sense of vulnerability and need and trust between Joe and Alice. Your SUPER 8 stories are so good that now I'm reading all your output. Is your description of Alice's eyes something you see in Elle Fanning or something you see in the character?