Reviews for FIRE!
They call me Bruce chapter 28 . 3/13
This was a great story. You really wrote this well, fella.
pacificuser chapter 23 . 4/23/2009
Cool!
SSG Michael B Jackson chapter 28 . 10/25/2008
Well, I must say that this fits my definition of an epic. You've not only managed to capture the flavor of Silver Age Marvel perfectly, but have crafted an incredible plot around that. Your characterization is superb; at no time did I ever question the authenticity of any of the characters. I have to admit, the '80's, not so much the 60's and 70's are the age I'm most familiar with (I was born in 1970, after all!), but this captures perfectly what I know of that period. I particularly like your omission of the 'sliding time-line' that's so popular in comics; it's nice to see the Marvel Universe handled in the same manner, temporally, as the real world. I particularly liked the ending, showing that while the old may pass away that the new can take the best of the old and carry that forward. I applaud this work and will certainly add it to my favorites.
n9voc chapter 28 . 9/28/2008
One of the most riveting stories I have read. I was fully "into" the story, with full willing suspension of disbelief in play.

An absolutely fantastic story that has echoes from the comic universe past, along with promise for the future. I was and am thrilled with it. I HIGHLY recommend this novel to anyone who enjoys a good sci-fi/superhero story. From a technical perspective, very cool how you tied everything together with "Fire".

Kudos! Excelsior! 'nuff said.
Screaming Dean chapter 28 . 6/12/2007
I read this a long time ago when I wasn't registered at this website. I really enjoyed this story. I hope you plan to write something else here in the future.
Protector of Canon2 chapter 28 . 5/8/2007
Wow. That was just beautiful, really. It's now 2:30 in the morning, and I have school tommorow, but I couldn't stop reading this. You did an unbelieveable job with this story. Keep up the good work.
kain-boa chapter 28 . 3/6/2007
i can't seem to find the words to describe how good this fic is to me, just know that you've touched me and that i will remember it for a long time
Rocco13 chapter 28 . 1/23/2007
I gotta hand it to ya. Great freaking fanfic.
luger 7 chapter 28 . 1/9/2007
I read this fic months ago and I thought it was great. I think youre one of the best writers of comic book fanfiction. You should try to get a job at marvel. Youre better than some of the writers there.
thames chapter 28 . 8/15/2006
Another great fanfic. I'm glad you got credit for this one.
Nathoron Ehud Nertrender chapter 1 . 6/11/2005
THis is really good. I will finish reading latter.
The Cure chapter 28 . 7/29/2004
wow! loved the story! keep it up!

chocolate oranges and God Bless

-Liane (meb)
Pig Sticker chapter 28 . 6/25/2004
Hauntingly powerful
Blaque Cell chapter 28 . 5/13/2004
Well, it took two years, but this fantastic story has finally reached its conclusion. I really don't know what to say except congratulations and kudos. Where do I start?
Well, as a Marvel Comics fan, I greatly appreciated your take on the Silver Age. Of course, your knowledge of the Silver Age of comics is much better than mine, as I'm only 19, but I was still able to follow this story.
The twisted thing was, Firebrand's plan really worked. That reminds me of Ozymandius's plan from Watchmen, which also worked in its own twisted way. I'm inclined to wonder if you drew a little inspiration from that story.
I'm really at a loss for words. This was just an incredible story. Very well done, very captivating. I'd also like to say that the Spider-Man section of could use your writing talent. That is, if you were so inclined to write some Spider-Man fiction for us. Most stories over there are inspired by the movie, which is all well and good, but it's so rare that I can find a story here that respects the source material, like your story. Not much else I can say really, except that this is going on the Favorites List and that I'm going to recommend this story to everyone I can.
Once again, congratulations and kudos. I hope you can look back on this story and be truly proud of this masterpiece.
fett chapter 28 . 5/12/2004