Reviews for Companion Drabbles
MayFairy chapter 4 . 7/12/2011
this was awesome! I love Ace and the Doctor as a TARDIS duo, they had a really unique relationship which i love.

i also like how you managed to portray Mel in a positive light despite her not being the most agreeable companion.
Ace of Gallifrey chapter 4 . 7/12/2011
I loved Adric's. Something tells me that you're not one of those who despises the poor boy for no real reason. Nyssa's was also excellent. Not much to say there, except that... well, I adore Nyssa, and she's such a fierce, wonderful little thing and I think you captured something of that quite nicely. Tegan's was a little lackluster at the end, but ultimately a good drabble, I think.

I won't even talk about Turlough. I just won't.

Peri's was oddly charming (rather like herself), and that last sentence was just a kick in the gut. Wonderful! Mel's was hysterical, and I think you were the voice of every single Whovian who ever lived with that last sentence! (Seriously, it was so arbitrary and random... I don't even KNOW...!)

As for Ace's... yes, that one was marvelous. I particularly liked this bit: "I pulled strings with your history and played with your future." I think the entire thing conveyed that sense of mystique that always hung around Ace, that feeling of barely-checked power and- perhaps more importantly- the mystery surrounding the end of her days aboard the TARDIS. Where did she go? What sort of life did she find for herself? It's a fascinating question and one I never get tired of asking. I have a feeling she's still out there, somewhere, playing in Time and doing just what they always did... but we don't know. And that open end is right there in her drabble. Aside from Steven's (which, admittedly, is really only that way for the laughs), hers is the first- the only- to end with a question mark. Just like Ace herself... a great big question mark in the sky, that one unresolved plot line...
MayFairy chapter 3 . 7/10/2011
these were all great, the Sarah Jane one was particularly good. i felt the Romana one was lacking a little, but i think that is just my hopeless Romana fangirl side wishing for a love declaration or some deep emotion, so i wouldn't worry too much.
Ace of Gallifrey chapter 3 . 7/10/2011
Sarah Jane's and Leela's were both pretty perfect. Harry's and Romana's, however, seemed to lack feeling. Though, then again, I really love both of them so I was tending to have major expectations for the pair of them, a little more sentiment, the kind he plainly felt but never outright stated. They were both very good, content-wise, but there was just something... empty. Know what I mean? Good otherwise, though.
Romana2 chapter 3 . 7/10/2011
Like the mention of Leela and Romana those two companions were my favourite and the only two I have watched so far in the classic series.

I only wish Romana had stayed with him.
MayFairy chapter 2 . 7/4/2011
this was sad and cute...Jamie's one especially made me sad, and so did the obvious affection in Jo's.
Ace of Gallifrey chapter 2 . 7/4/2011
Each and every one of these was beautiful. I particularly liked the one for Zoe and the one for Liz. They're two of my favorites from the early years- and Liz is pretty high on my list overall, for that matter- and those were both very fitting tributes to them. Thank you!
MayFairy chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
these drabbles are excellent! i loved all the Ian/Barbara goodness you put it.

can't wait for more!
Ace of Gallifrey chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
CLASSIC COMPANIONS FTW!

I mean, I enjoy NuWho. I always love watching Martha and Donna and Rory. But even they, who are so wonderful it's almost painful sometimes, have yet to measure up to the wonder and miracles that was the full gamut of Classic companions (though I do have high hopes for Mr. Williams at present... he's living up to Jamie's legacy, that's for sure). It's so rare to see a truly good fic- or fic collection- for Classic companions, so this, obviously, is incredibly exciting to me. Update soon!