Reviews for Varnish
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 2/6
Cool. Good
Ione chapter 1 . 1/27
I love this movie and I think that you did it, and its excellent characters, justice. Completely enjoyed the read!
Guest chapter 1 . 9/16/2014
Madhatter1981 chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
While I think you made him slightly more virtuous that he had any right to be I could see how this story came about.

Good job

mad.
MissBe chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
I truly think so. A new fav.
MLEetc chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
Yeah! This was really good at giving him voice and character. Especially at the end, when you included a little dramatic irony in his struggle over whether Mattie killed him or not. Good job!
gigi-2000 chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
yeah, i can picture that going through his head during those scenes, good job
warsawmouse chapter 1 . 8/16/2011

Yes! You have absolutely got his voice right.

You've solved a mystery for me, as well.

It was clear from his behavior that Lucky Ned had no ill will for Mattie. Why then, in the name of all that's holy, would he leave her with Tom Chaney, of all his men?

You offered an insight into his motives that is believable, and actually sort of awesome. Ned looks at Chaney, looks at Mattie, and guess which one he thinks is going to wind up dead. :D
EvilChick13 chapter 1 . 7/30/2011
I really think that you got Ned's voice right, and I like what you did with his character. Not many people would write about a minor character, so thank you for that.
leah ross chapter 1 . 7/30/2011
You can hardly call this original work when half of it was lifted from the movie's script.
bloodredcherry chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
I thought you did a really good job of giving us an insight into his character. It's also very brave of you to write a story like this, because I know when I write fanfiction, sometimes I avoid the 'difficult' characters. Anyway, it was an enjoyble read and I really liked the ending.
wellwithmysoul chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
This was most excellent!
JustAGirl24 chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
Good job on this, I really enjoyed the more in-depth look at this little scene and what was going on in Ned's mind. I do think you got his voice very well, too. :)
SR chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
I would like to shake your hand if I knew you in person, unfortunately I do not. This is a magnificent piece of work. It seems to me that you have found Ned's voice and brought it forth for us to see, and perchance in some small way see Ned for what he hopes Mattie sees him as, a man that has some respect for others. I hope that you will continue to write and I wish you all the best of luck in your future works.

Sincerely,