Reviews for Between ruin and ecstasy
Guest chapter 1 . 7/12/2014
Type your review here...
Angel981 chapter 1 . 6/28/2013
seriously, what did she see in the girl's room?
Elemental Hybrid chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
Good enough reason to write it. Nice job by the way.
TyrionGreywind chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
This story seriously reminds me of 'Madness Does Not Always Howl' by Khaleda. I don't know if they are related at all but I really like both. You should make this a multichapter when you start writing again. I would certainly read.
ForeverPale chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
Good story, the smoking thing was a nice touch. One of simply understood elagance. The feel of it was conflicted emoinal ties that given a bit more time and plot would be quite the read, and my I add the leather in the bedroom bit was funny, so yea good work
Desuka Kira chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
This is quite possibly my favorite TT one-shot to date. It shows the darker, more traumatic side of Race's personal life. Her heritage is a very intimidating and frightening thong to discover, and an even bigger wall to break down, for her AND her significant other. (Who can only be Jinx in my opinion. Raw just ain't a team player, I'd ya catch my drift.) Thanks for the read bro, and try not work yourself.
Spikesagitta chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
Oh? if this is therapeutic for you, by all means do continue :) Since we do reap the benefits

And what did Jinx seen in Raven room?
Erratus Enigma chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
Another therapeutic writer, hurray!

And by all means, if all your therapeutic needs end up like this, I'm guilty as charge for wanting you in the psychiatric wing forever.

Just kidding.

But! It's nice to do this, ain't it? Writing drains so much stress, and fills you up with that serene feeling, all calm and zen inside, no? Unless it's one of those times, like Concolor44 would gladly tell you, when your Angel of Writing ( Muse, God, Raven, Darth Vader, you get the general idea ) is stabbing you in the back, urging you to finish the damn job quickly, hurrying every word. That feels more like desperation to write, as if the idea would magically vanish in thin dark smoke if you'd take too long. Believe me, it does vanish.

Anyway, the usual misspellings here and there, getting used to it, actually. Damn you! It takes a darn good writer to make me focus to find grammar mistakes. Now I need to train all over again. Where is Master Grammar Nazi when you need 'im?

Well, onto the story. Must I say how much this reminded me of Khaleda's "Madness Does Not Always Howl"? The whole Revenge-Demon thingy with Raven, genius. I Immensely enjoyed Khaleda's work, and I Immensely enjoyed yours - though it could be longer, if you know what I mean.

Plus, some ingeniously created lines are going on here. "meat locker express", as Concolor44 fondly told you. Your comparison of Raven's hips swaying with Caribbean palm-trees during a tropical storm, too. Plus, your description of Raven's Shadow-dimension-walking's suck-your-life-and-leave-you-breathless effect was stupendous. Look at me, using those fancy pants words. It was Awesome, and I try to avoid that word as much as I can, but simply cannot now.

((I was half-expecting Raven and Jinx's fight, just like Khaleda's too. Guilty me.))

Personalities were spot-on, especially with Jinx's response to her (apparently) imminent death. And the way she was taken by surprise with Raven's little display of emotions and humanity.

Humanity. Hah, what a joke word. I'm sure Joker laughs his cheeks off when someone uses this one.

Now, to your drinking problem, I myself can't relate to that. I've never smoked, nor do I have drinking problems. Truth be told, I never got drunk. I try many different kinds of alcoholic beverages. For example, I tried many different kinds of Czech beers, spirits, and absinthe. Damn thing goes down with a silky feeling, was almost amusing to drink it. Anyway, that's not the whole point, is it?

Wait, what was my point? Damn my feeble mind.

Anyway, I had some English beers whose names I cannot remember, but they were very good. Malty, robust and flavorful, I enjoyed the experience. I quite like Whiskey, too. The flavor is nice, the burning sensation is, well, quite pleasant. So, if you like to drink, why shouldn't you?

Okay, the whole physical problems later, and we certainly don't want you dying on us before writing yourself a book. I'd buy it, by the way. But, eh. Your life, your body, your liver and lungs. Do with them what you will. We're all going to day, anyway.

Unless you're a Demon. Are you?

If yes, please turn me into one too.

Anyway, I'm rumbling and my review was forgotten in some point, sorry.

Incredible story, spot-on personalities and humor, very interesting to read, very amusing to imagine. Especially for such a small - in my humble opinion, for I'm quite a sucker for big stories - story.

Congratulations, and may the devils of writing keep damning you with this blissfully admirable curse.

The writing, I mean, not the whole drinking and smoking. Unless you want to.

Eh, you get the idea. Sorry.
Concolor44 chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
Very, VERY nice. This reminds me strongly of Khaleda's work (that is a compliment) or maybe belleradh's (ditto).

Also ... "meat locker express"? Heh. Thank you.

I'm glad it was therapeutic for you, because your therapy was highly enjoyable for me. Badass Raven is one of my favorite characters in all of literature. And Jinx's almost nonchalant response to her imminent death was perfect. Perfect.

As with much of your writing, this goes into Favorites.
I'm a Lover not a Hater chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
Loved the hate and changed-personality-through-trauma. But I don't I get this exactly. Did Jinx leave Raven after finding something demonic and 2 years later Raven catches up?