Reviews for Spread Your Wings
mpkio2 chapter 2 . 2/17/2010
*Sob* *Sob*

So freaking sad!

You have to continue this!
Aiselne Phoenix Nocturnus chapter 2 . 6/25/2009
While I’m sure this story has been discontinued, I just have to say that for whatever it’s worth: this fanfic is beautiful! Your writing style is so descriptive and lovely, painting gorgeously dramatic images in the reader’s mind. The attention to detail is astounding and vivid, but also utilized in the most dramatic of ways. Your depictions of scenes do not merely ‘describe’ settings; you write the descriptions in such a way that evoke emotion. Even though this story isn’t finished, I always find myself returning to this fanfic just to indulge in the gorgeous imagery. You’re quite talented.

Plot-wise, I DO wish this story was continued. The first chapters kinda’ give a gist of why Pikachu died, but nothing’s confirmed (yet). Ash and Misty’s little blossoming romance started off sweetly, though most of my kudos go out to Ash’s role in this drama. Thanks to your aforementioned writing style, it’s very easy for the reader to sympathize with poor Ash, and I’d dare say Ch.2 features one of the better “Pikachu’s death” scenarios I’ve found. I was also impressed at how Misty is kind enough to consider the Pokemon’s reactions to Pikachu’s death (something most authors ignore completely). Unfortunately, as this story is unfinished, it’s hard to guess “what happens next” and any motives behind Pikachu’s death.

Even so, this story is very lovely and one of my favored “Pikachu dies” stories. Even if the story is never finished, I’ll probably still glance back at it in the future.
cratbro chapter 2 . 11/11/2004
(screaming in anguish)...*sniff*...That was really well written, write faster, but even better, k?
tigon99 chapter 2 . 4/9/2004
i dont usually review like this but i see a good plot possibly building here and you shouldnt let the good ones like this go so long between updates
Melchior the Mewthree chapter 2 . 6/27/2003
Now this is really sad!

My eyes honestly got watery as I read it, and i'm not an extremely sensible person.

Anyway, great job, and update it soon.
Fletset chapter 2 . 5/18/2003
It's so sad and so well written. I love it.

Too bad it hasn't been updated for so long *hint hint*
Gorgo chapter 2 . 1/14/2003
This is getting really good its sad too i like this fic, plz continue!
KristalCubone chapter 2 . 12/18/2002
C'mon, please update this! It's been ages and I want to know why Pikachu died!
Dragoness chapter 2 . 10/26/2002
Me again..Eheh..I almost clicked on this when i first saw it come out...I really should've. *-_-*;; Ummm...Very nice...sad...SAD! It's very sad dammit. I can't even begin to imagine how Ash must feel about losing Pikachu..the other half of his soul, I believe... :( You promise a plot and I believe you. Please write more of this and the other ficcy too..Wah, I need to know why Pikachu did that..It shouldn't have...*sniffle* It doesn't make sense and it isn't right..or nice..or anything! Excuse the slight baby talk I can't talk completely serious about these matters or I will be incredibly sad.. Umm...I guess I've said enough... Tat's all.. *_*;
Kirsty chapter 2 . 10/15/2002
This is an absolutely fantastic story. I can't wait for the next part.
Dragon Empress chapter 2 . 9/2/2002
Aww, it's sad. Even though I don't particularly like Pikachu, (No, that's a lie, I HATE Pikachu.) I can understand the emotion you're trying to convey here. And yeah, of course Ash is gonna be sad, the rat was his first ever Pokemon.

Well, it's a good fic so far, update soon, please.
Llyxius chapter 2 . 9/1/2002
When I know two people are friends, I try to be calmer in my criticism, but Shadowtrainer... -_-;;; If you're going to 'criticize' your friend, you must not realize that it makes you look like you disrespect Misty by doing it in a public forum. Do it over email, do it in person-DON'T do it in a review box! Secondly, flames are always pointless. Constructive critism is the only thing that can help, and if you have to give a negative review, give a REASON for it. "I'm unimpressed" doesn't work. Tell her (these are hypothetical a.k.a. standard reasons) if you didn't think the dialogue worked, if you thought it needed more detail, whatever-don't just say "it's not good." All that does is show your age. Finally-OTHER people obviously like the story. Just because you and Misty are friends doesn't make your opinion more valid. Try to keep other people's differing tastes of style in consideration next time you review.

*sighs* Sorry, Misty, I know you two are good friends, but you're my friend also, and I try to stick up for my friends when I think they've been wronged. By the way, your vocabulary still marvels me. I should start using your fanfics as a GRE study sheet. *lol* And _I_ liked this chapter. It struck me as being a bit of a transitional one. Like you said, there's not really a cliffhanger at the end-but I actually like that. Authors don't always have to have a zinger of a closing sentence or stop at a precipitous moment. (Tolkien's closing sentence for the "Hobbit" is one of my all-time favorites. Unfortunately I can't quote it, but it had something to do with a tobacco jar, I think. O) Anyway, I had a point to this. I say this is transitional because even though it didn't give us clues to how the plot would be resolved it did further the story and give us a better understanding of it. Sometimes a story needs those chapters. While I'm never against more revision (quoting Lamott, finishing a story is like putting an octopus to bed-each time you think you finished another leg pops out), I think this chapter works as it is. Thanks, hon. _

(Yes, I speak in endearments. Blame my mother hen personality... ;)
Shadow Trainer chapter 2 . 8/21/2002
I'm really, really sorry to say this, Misty, but I was quite unimpressed by this chapter. I know you said in the beginning you didn't think it was very good, but, sadly enough, I think I'm going to have to agree. The first chapter was beautiful. I think I'll be reading that for a while to get over this one. Once again, I appologise for sending you a flame, but I belive it deserved it. Don't hate me! I still love you...(ha! I didn't tell you I hated you!)
Lightning-Strike on a stupid evil slow laptop chapter 2 . 8/17/2002
I just want you to know I'm not being lazy. I'm at my dad's house and I'm on a stupid slow demon-spawn laptop. It takes a day and a half to pull up E-mails, so I'm not trying to log in. Poor Ash...poor Misty...POOR PIKACHU! *sigh* You are an angst queen...I swear you are...

Keep going and upload more fics or I will have to annoy you with pointless forward E-mails.
tsurikato chapter 2 . 8/16/2002
! U KILLED PIIIIIIIKACHU! EEEEEEEEEEVIL!

*ahem*

sorry, my sad side. my eyes were WATERING, but i couldnt cry! AGH!