Reviews for Time It Was
Skimball4 chapter 1 . 6/30/2015
Nicely done! The way you had Steve relate his past, present, and future to the wooden chairs evoked emotion and tenderness. I really enjoyed this story.
Lidil chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
This fits the song perfectly.

As does Danny and Steve.
Schroll91 chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
I might be easy to tears, but this was a very touching story and beautifully written.

/Schroll
Guest chapter 1 . 8/10/2011

/Schroll
francis2 chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
I love this. Memories linger in old furniture, and you brought it out.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
Very peaceful. Love the history of the chairs, too. Could see it all in my mind's eye.

Nicely done. :)
AZGirl chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
Really enjoyed reading this! The insights into Steve's history with those chairs was very realistic and I love that ending!
Alice I chapter 1 . 7/4/2011
This was a wonderful little vignette. I could picture everything you described. Thanks for sharing.
Effie17 chapter 1 . 7/4/2011
I love the insight into Steve's more vulnerable side. The dialogue between the partner's is really good, too. Thanks for sharing your story.
crokettsgirl chapter 1 . 7/4/2011
Oh Faye this was so nice, I love when you write you do it so well. Steve looking back and then looking forward and using the chairs as a frame of guidance to do that with. And then Danny and Steve joking..lol...great job.

I'm still waiting though because the story was so mind blowing and great, the sequel to Danny/Turk Malloy...I can't wait and still waiting..lol...

This was so good..thanks for writing. sue
attyboy chapter 1 . 7/4/2011
Nice introspection. You never disappoint.
Linda.WatsonHines.com chapter 1 . 7/4/2011
Well I'm not sure what sockie did to get you kick started, but I'm really glad it worked. This was a great piece of introspection. This was really good.
supergirl3684 chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
that was great!
sockie1000 chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
thank you, Faye. :D

that was just lovely. I thought those chairs had a history, and you brought it to life beautifully. it's so easy to visualize the scenes as you described them.

and lol at danny- "I was beginning to think the only things you were capable of were mass destruction and insanity." after their first day together, Danny really did earn that beer. :D

thank you again. :D
SophieSaulie chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
Oh, if only those chairs could talk! And you do that here with your luxurious descriptions and the memories evoked from them that bring warm feelings. Of course, my favorite moments are with Danny:

Fave part:

"Me, I personally always preferred the back of a car," Danny continues. He shrugs, making a face, gesturing with his free hand. "Less sand to deal with in the aftermath."

"And have you considered that maybe that's why you're divorced?" Steve returns.

Danny looks at him, a forced smile on his face, but there's still humor dancing in his eyes. "Wow, an actual joke," he says. "I was beginning to think the only things you were capable of were mass destruction and insanity."

Steve smirks. "I may just surprise you," he says.

Danny snorts a little, rolling his eyes and looking back out at the ocean. "Something to look forward to, then," he says.

-so cute and so funny.