Reviews for Sunshine and Fire
lady pomegranates chapter 18 . 4/16
I really appreciate what you've done here. You are delving more deeply into ideas about government than I usually do, but you're making me think. As for characterization, I see no problem. Would it make sense if I said that you really make them human ( even though they are ponies)?
123lionclan chapter 18 . 4/12
OMG YESSSSSSS! This was amazing to read.
JoeEngland chapter 18 . 4/12
Personally, I'm more disturbed by the idea that the future is set and that free will is an illusion. It raises the old Judas argument... Can any of us truly be held accountable for our actions if we're simply helpless automatons hiking down a predetermined path? It casts a considerable shadow over the conversation between Celesta and Applejack. What's the point of freedom if there's really no such thing?

Their debate was well played and both views were understandable, but the Oracle appears as a third party who destroys both arguments by a casual demonstration of power, giving her a rather unfair advantage. She enslaves Applejack and shows in no uncertain terms that "hope" is merely based on ignorance of scripted, immutable conditions. Kind of sucks the life out of the whole adventure... It's not a building being built, it's a shroud being lifted from a building that already exists fully formed. How can democracy get a fair hearing if no one can really make any choices? Even a dictatorship ostensibly grants freedom to the dictator.
lady pomegranates chapter 12 . 3/14
Your story has captured me so entirely that I've been reading for 12 chapters straight. This is excellent,
Scarlet Rabbit chapter 17 . 6/1/2014
In the world Gelding was raised in. I'm sure that is compassion. I'm kinda surprised that Daymare didn't notice Pinkie, Applejack or Rarity. I could be wrong but I'm sure she's seen them a couple of times, pinkie for sure.
JoeEngland chapter 17 . 5/29/2014
I'm waiting for the question of hypocrisy to be put to Brainy... His mandate was to defeat tyranny, and so he eliminated Celestia and Luna. But in doing so he forced every pony in (his) Equestria to live in a world of his making, a world radically changed to suit his own vision, whether they wanted to or not... the question is, how is THAT not tyranny?

I'm sure he would say that he's not a tyrant because he did it for the people, not himself... But then, many tyrants say the same thing while taking the power of choice from those they claim to be saving. No matter the justification, his actions were always made to satisfy his own values, not those of a populace largely devoted to its supposed "dictator."
Alamandorious chapter 17 . 5/15/2014
Not much to say. Good chapter; I really like the approach you've taken to Daymare. She talks like Celestia, has the same mannerisms, even appears kindly:..until you see the cruelty.
The Grog chapter 17 . 5/11/2014
So ... Go Trollestia Go?

The impression for Daymare Sun I get is the worst parts of the Ask Trollestia tumblr, with a side of Ask Mollestia. Which, honestly, is fairly terrifying.
Scarlet Rabbit chapter 16 . 3/16/2014
Well at least it's not a total bust
Scarlet Rabbit chapter 15 . 3/16/2014
Damn Luna is a massive badass. She kicked serious tush.

Oh stop being so dramatic you just need to stop promising stuff take your time work it the way you want to work it just be sure to give update if you hit a complication, if takes more than a month post an update apologising and explain
Scarlet Rabbit chapter 14 . 3/16/2014
Damn. Leave it to Fluttershy to shake things up
Scarlet Rabbit chapter 5 . 3/16/2014
I'm kinda surprised that the inquisitor didn't question her cutie mark, it doesn't seem like it happens often.

I think you did fine with the bits of information and the interrogation. Celestia didn't seem all that grim.
Scarlet Rabbit chapter 4 . 3/16/2014
Brightsmile is just a horny little thing. I laughed at how all the ponies where reacting to Twilight and Spike
Scarlet Rabbit chapter 3 . 3/16/2014
Poor Brainy. Prison is one thing, he doesn't deserve this
Scarlet Rabbit chapter 2 . 3/16/2014
Damn I would hate to have to walk through that, that just shows how strong willed Twilight is.

Ya I'm sure Spike is just as pleasant smelling.

What a nice pony to save them