Reviews for Sunshine and Fire
BluAsh54 chapter 12 . 10/10
The griffons, man. That'll go wrong first.
BluAsh54 chapter 7 . 10/7
I think it's good.
BluAsh54 chapter 5 . 10/6
I like the way this Celestia is written, yes.
Thunderpelt06 chapter 19 . 8/31
Refound this story a week or two ago and now I am caught up. Can't wait for the next chapter!
Thunderpelt06 chapter 5 . 8/21
"Freedom is slavery, war is peace" Is that a reference to the book 1984?
Aotrs Commander chapter 19 . 1/10
It might be a long break between cahpters (and yeah, forgetting what happened can be a bit of an issue), but kudos, though, for keeping at it all this time!
Inyocloset chapter 15 . 1/4
Yep that makes sense, I mean, really, what kind of a mountain would it be if it didn't travel backwards in time?
Inyocloset chapter 10 . 1/4
As soon as Diane said those three words, "Okay-dokey-lokey" I figured it out and I was surprised I didn't earlier.
Guest chapter 15 . 12/22/2015
Wait, did you turn Luna into a dragon?
Guest chapter 12 . 12/22/2015
Fuck both Celestias
Guest chapter 12 . 7/27/2015
You aren't really going to separate Luna and her sister are you? Please say you aren't!
Guest chapter 2 . 7/26/2015
This is freaking weird. When I was reading Chapter 1, I was running a scenario in my mind where Brain Brights was the one who left the death note and I was right. Then I had also thought of an evil Celestia in this alternative world and I was right again! Looks like we're on the same page
lady pomegranates chapter 18 . 4/16/2015
I really appreciate what you've done here. You are delving more deeply into ideas about government than I usually do, but you're making me think. As for characterization, I see no problem. Would it make sense if I said that you really make them human ( even though they are ponies)?
123lionclan chapter 18 . 4/12/2015
OMG YESSSSSSS! This was amazing to read.
JoeEngland chapter 18 . 4/12/2015
Personally, I'm more disturbed by the idea that the future is set and that free will is an illusion. It raises the old Judas argument... Can any of us truly be held accountable for our actions if we're simply helpless automatons hiking down a predetermined path? It casts a considerable shadow over the conversation between Celesta and Applejack. What's the point of freedom if there's really no such thing?

Their debate was well played and both views were understandable, but the Oracle appears as a third party who destroys both arguments by a casual demonstration of power, giving her a rather unfair advantage. She enslaves Applejack and shows in no uncertain terms that "hope" is merely based on ignorance of scripted, immutable conditions. Kind of sucks the life out of the whole adventure... It's not a building being built, it's a shroud being lifted from a building that already exists fully formed. How can democracy get a fair hearing if no one can really make any choices? Even a dictatorship ostensibly grants freedom to the dictator.