Reviews for Axes and Snares
Loved the story! Johanna and Gale are my favorite couple! Please write more stories about them soon!
ShortySC22 chapter 2 . 12/3/2012
Loved this story! I really liked how you wrote Gale and Johanna here.
bookish327 chapter 2 . 5/10/2012
Really, really interesting fic. I don't think that I've read any before now in which Johanna was the focus, and I've only read a couple in which Gale was, either. (I'm more of a Peeta's or Katniss's POV type of fan. :-) ) Anyway, I really enjoyed how you wrote them, and they were very in character. Judging from your characterization, I could see how they'd be a good fit together, once they both let go of their old feelings for other people. He can heal her, regarding her past traumas, as much as is possible for anyone to do so, considering everything she's been through, because he's had a difficult life and is used to taking care of others. She also has enough individuality and spark to her (in addition to appealing to his unconscious need to be needed by someone, which Katniss only showed some of the time in canon after she returned from her first Games) that she'd intrigue and possibly even captivate him, if they each let the other into their hearts completely. She also appeals to his attraction for strong, self-sufficient women.

I really like that you shifted between their different POVs so that we could understand where both of them were at, mentally and emotionally, rather than only getting one side of these moments together.

Not everyone can write so well from different characters' perspectives, and you did a great job with Katniss in another fic I've read and also with Gale and Johanna here. Excellent work!
mrs.becca chapter 2 . 4/19/2012
I love it! Really nice!
11h05 chapter 2 . 3/31/2012
Thank you for writing Johanna on character!
TandyHard chapter 2 . 9/22/2011
This was great! Good job!
brittianyshay chapter 2 . 9/15/2011
I could have totally seen this going on in the background of the books. Gale looking for a distraction; Johanna going for it despite his feelings for Katniss. They were very in character which I loved. Great job!
MiaCara chapter 2 . 8/10/2011
YAY! I have always wanted Gale and Johanna to be a couple! I love love love his! You must read Choices HP's reading Hunger Games.
Cool fanatic chapter 2 . 7/27/2011
Aww that was super sweet. I loved how Johanna opened up to Gale and yet was still so in character. It was a great story! :)
Luna08 chapter 2 . 7/5/2011
I really like this ending, it feels realistic for them. Thanks for a great story!
Solaryllis chapter 2 . 7/5/2011
This was a nice, hopeful ending for them but it seemed to also stay true to all the difficulties... The struggles and fights felt very authentic, and they both seemed very much like themselves.
EStrunk chapter 2 . 7/5/2011
You're certainly not making it too easy for them. I liked the part where her rational mind is telling her that a lot of people, herself included, have feelings for 2 people, but she's still jealous. That felt very real.

I like how you've woven this around the books, even though you've amped up Peeta and Katniss's relationship.

I loved the line about Gale trying to make his expression soften and eventually it does. That was a great way to describe his inner turmoil.

Con crit - although I like when we get to see things from Gale's POV, sometimes the transitions are too abrupt.
EStrunk chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
Don't know how I'd missed this story before but great beginning. I like that you're keeping Gale and Johanna in character, but allowing them to soften up enough to admit some attraction.

The hints about Johanna's past are intriguing. And Gale's unusual reactions to her are fun.
AnotherMason chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
That was great. Lol I'm not too sure what else to say about it, it was that great :p haha. I like the way you had them talk to eachother and their interactions. Update soon!
Luna08 chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
This is great! I never really thought of them as a couple before but I love it. Update soon :)