Reviews for Love, Family, and Treachery
Aww :) I love the friendship-interactions, and Zuko and Mai.
I'm so happy about the fact that Zuko says, "What." No question mark. Beautiful sarcastic shock.
General Ripper chapter 2 . 1/25
Mai hates her dad for being a terrorist.
General Ripper chapter 1 . 1/25
Still can't believe the Dai Li weren't disbanded. Am I the only one to question that? Also, Suki is the only protagonist in the series who isn't some kind of Noble. Just saying.
Gob Hobblin chapter 15 . 10/29/2013
Seeing as you haven't been able to update in awhile, I'm sure you're being bedeviled with other things (school and whatnot). That being said, I really look forward to the day when you have some time to work on this fic again. It was an enjoyable read, with the a nice balance and excellent pacing.

The characters are, to an extent out of character, but it's done perfectly: this is the Gaang (and friends) after a few years of growing. They won't be the exact same people we watched on the show: they'll have the traits, but the details, the experience, all of it would have changed them a bit, and you made those changes believable and solid. And the character details you did carry over from the show were perfect: the entire time, I kept hearing their voices through your dialogue.

Your OCs are a nice touch, as well. They sit in the background, have their own lives independent of the main characters, and round out the world, giving us the nice touches of detail that make this an organic and natural setting.

And the WAFF moments were fantastic. I think Mai and Zuko was my favorite pairing on the show, and the way you present them is just marvelous to me. This was a great read, and it is a great fic. I hope you have the chance to get back to it!
artephile chapter 15 . 7/17/2012
This fic is definitely a Maiko favourite (and I read a lot of them!). It was great that you had the characters encounter and react with real problems of both the political and personal nature, and some of the ways you dealt with those were ingenious. I especially liked your depiction of Mai's relationship with her mother; too often her parents are painted as tyrannical or unloving, but really I feel it's more like what you described - trapped within a preapproved list of choices without personal input as to the contents of the list. I'm so interested to see what happens next in the political intrigue side of things, so I really hope you continue the story.
FairladyZ2005 chapter 15 . 9/22/2011
Guess I spoke too soon about Yi Min not being part of the conspiracy. But good job throwing me off the scent last chapter.

I love the juxtaposition of parent/child conversations here. I've mentioned it before but it's great to see a fic where Mai and her mother are trying to reconcile. I really apreciate that. As for Zuko and Ozai, I could feel Zuko's triumph when he said this day no longer holds any power over him and that it finally is a day that that makes him happy. I felt like cheering. Nicey done scenes, both of them.

And what's the baby's name? I hope we learn soon.
FairladyZ2005 chapter 14 . 9/21/2011
Love this chapter. It's great to see the Gaang all together again. The drinking contest, lol! I can inmagine Aang floating around quite literally. And Toph vs. Zuko! I'm not sure who to root for. Mai's mom's assesment of Zuko was just priceless. I'm glad his sailor background was referenced a lot in this chapter. Though I though he was able to play a decent tsungi horn from what Iroh once said and his hair should still be growing out, hardly his fault he had to cut it in the first place. I also like the desciption of how well Aang and Zuko work together and how people perceive their alliance in different ways. And finally, it's time for the baby! Looking forward to reading the next chapter when I have the time, for now gotta go.
FairladyZ2005 chapter 13 . 9/21/2011
More plotting! Interesting that this wasn't their full plan. And I don't think Yi Min is part of it now considering how he got wounded on Zuko's behalf.
FairladyZ2005 chapter 12 . 9/21/2011
Action yea! Glad to see Zuko and Mai have made up again. Go Jee!
FairladyZ2005 chapter 11 . 9/21/2011
Oooh 100 reviews. I just realized that. I really like the parallel here between Mai and Zuko this chapter. Mai has never had a chance to stand up to her mother the way Zuko did to his father. I like how Iroh pointed out how they process this stuff in different ways. Love the line about Zuko wondering why her ever wanted to attend boring war meeting as a kid.
FairladyZ2005 chapter 10 . 9/21/2011
So which one is the one to watch? Interesting. Guess this answers a couple of my questions about Yi Min's parentage too.
FairladyZ2005 chapter 9 . 9/21/2011
Can't say too much about this chapter. More interlude filler. I'm not sure it's necessary at this point.

One thing I fogot to ask about last chapter though. Yi Min is Zuko's half brother? Wtf? I guess Ozai slept around a bit after (or even before) Ursa's exile huh.
FairladyZ2005 chapter 8 . 9/21/2011
Extremely sweet chapter. You get around the actual ceremony without making me feel like I missed much. Love Zuko's reaction to Mai's dress and the reference to the dork next to her and marrying her best friend. That bit was perfect. I also like how you make the wedding night romantic without the need for graphic details. Sokka's "when did Toph get hot" was also rather funny.
FairladyZ2005 chapter 7 . 9/21/2011
I like the idea of Mai doing henna. I recently had one done at the local renaissance fair. Fun stuff. I'm currently trying to figure out how one might do a henna of Korra's tatoo. :-)

I like the different pov's from Mai and Katara about arranged marriages. It's nice that Mai and Zujo is an example of one that did work out. I definately subscribe to the they were betrothed as kids fannon. Perhaps the pond incident might explain why Zuko was engaged to Mai and not Ty Lee though. Ursa's influence at seeing the early crushes maybe?