Reviews for The Good Girl
MereCullen chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
This story is so sweet. Although i think there is a twific law about writing a story that doesnt have a lemon ;-) i loved your AN about which parts were taken from your RL, that your "failures" put u on the path to the life you were meant to have. This was a seriously inspirational story. Thank you for sharing
SnapCrackledThePop chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
I loved Bella's story and I hope yours is happy as hers!
angelspinknose chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
Read your one shot and thought it was ironic. I have my undergrad in criminal justice and excelled in almost every one of them (except research methods). I had 2 other majors before I "found" my academic passion.
MJLYP chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
I just came across this story. It's making me lots of different emotions. I, too, was a good girl and did everything a good girl should've done. My one regret is that I should've put myself first once in a while in my life. I lost my dad at the age of 7 and helped my mother raise my 5 younger siblings. So yes, I grew up being the responsible one since my older brother was not. I was the one to set the example. I tutored my younger siblings. I cook, cleaned, helped my siblings with homework, everything I could think of to lighten my mother's burden. I decided to go to college in town at the last minute after having a heart-to-heart conversation with my mother and feeling guilty to leave her. I worked a lot, even as a college student, to support myself so my mother wouldn't have to worry about my expenses. I put off then gave up on studying abroad options, which I regret more than anything. I was always worried about finances. I now realized that I worried so much about it that my mother didn't spent nearly the same amount of time worrying about it as I did. The one selfish thing I did was marrying a man she disapproved of. After we had children, I chose to stay home with them, putting their needs before my own. But one thing I learned is that I need a balance between giving and doing something for myself without stressing about it. Otherwise, I'm unhappy and it makes my whole family unhappy. No one wants an unhappy wife or mother. Then the guilt sets in and it makes it even worse. So yes... we all need a balance of extremes and non-extremes in our life.
Rachel chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
lol, I loved your authors note about the tattoo artist you had, I actually lost a scholarship at school. honestly it was the best thing ever, now im going to the school that was originally my first choice but i didn't go to because no scholarship was offered and because my long term boyfriend would be across the state. Finally I realized that i had to pick what i wanted to do, not what was expected of me... right now im taking cosmetology management classes and culinary classes, so much better than nursing! I love it!
lt90 chapter 1 . 7/4/2011
Lol. Loved the authors note at the end! Great one shot.
eli-rose chapter 1 . 7/4/2011
Do you believe in psychics?I do believe that they're certain people that have a gift!A gypsy once palm read my mother in her best mother ask the gypsy if she'll have kids though I was already born and she said to her not to mock her also she refused to say to her friend what she saw and a few days later her friend's uncle died in a car accident!How knows...
puasluoma chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
Loved it!

I identified so much with the first part of Bella!

I think I need to go to a psychic!
Madmum chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
I really enjoyed this fic of Bella leaving the 'path' and having her new serendipitous path lead her to Edward. I am a sucker for a HEA :)
Iwannalickdean chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
Did ur life turn out as well as Bella's?...Great story!
collegegirl123 chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
i really liked your story, great job!