Reviews for Should Have Known Better
ginar369 chapter 7 . 4/20/2012
Dawn and Joyce stepped up and proved that at least in Buffy's case all of her bravery doesn't come entirely from being the slayer, she inherited it.

Yes! They finally admitted they love each other. Nice moment of male solidarity between Spike and Giles. I loved Joyce giving them a hard time. The scene after in her bedroom with both of them sitting on the floor was priceless.
ginar369 chapter 6 . 4/20/2012
Anya makes me laugh, she really is blunt. I think Xander wanted to choke when she said that. But I will give him credit, he could see what Spike did and was willing to be nice. Even Giles was thankful Spike had been there. What kind of cookies do vamps like?

The two of them are scaredy cats, but with good reason. Love never worked out for them before and they are terrified that if they admit they love each other it might blow up in their faces.
ginar369 chapter 5 . 4/20/2012
Both of them are falling but neither one wants to admit. Riley staking Spike is the equivalent to kicking a puppy. He attacked a helpless creature with the intent to cause pain and fear.

She should have told Dawn. Everyone else knew and were treating her weird. Dawn isn't stupid she noticed and wanted to find out what was going on. Blaming Spike was easier than admitting she messed up. Glad to see they made up.

I think it would break Spike's heart if anything happened to Joyce.
ginar369 chapter 4 . 4/20/2012
Riley is too much like Angel. He didn't want to take responsibility for his actions. Sure he said he would explain and apologize but he wanted an apology from her too. What exactly did she have to apologize for? He didn't know they were sleeping together yet so what crime did she commit? He was trying to deflect blame from his own actions. And why take it out on Spike? Simple, Spike can't fight back. Riley screwed up and he knows it so he's mad. He wants to hit something but that would be wrong to hit and innocent person so he goes to hurt Spike. Because Spike is a monster and helpless against humans and Spike showed her what he was doing.

They are good for each other. They do understand each other, have the same strengths and even the same weaknesses.
ginar369 chapter 3 . 4/20/2012
I don't condone cheating but in this case I can honestly say Riley drove her to it. In my opinion they weren't a couple in love. she needed comfort and Riley just screwed things up left and right. He made her feel worthless and dirty and someone who loves you should never do that to you. So I can see her going to someone else to make her feel better.
ginar369 chapter 2 . 4/20/2012
Spike was so sweet with Joyce. He was thinking how he couldn't save his mom, if she had only gotten sick a few years later there would have been medicine to help her.

Riley is an idiot. He went to that place because that girl vamp needed what he had. Riley gave it too much importance, she didn't need him, she just needed a warm body to drink from. He wasn't special to her. Plus Riley has always had this insane notion that Buffy liked getting bit by vamps. He never bothered to listen, two of the three bites (that he knows about) almost killed her. Drac's bite was done without her knowledge because of the thrall. She didn't enjoy any of them. Now Spike's on the other she enjoyed the hell out of but luckily Riley doesn't know about it.
ginar369 chapter 1 . 4/20/2012
Both Riley and Buffy are wrong. You can't love someone if you don't know them. Riley loves the cute petite little girl/woman he sees. He never got past the surface. Buffy thinks she loves Riley, that normal she was searching for because Angel told her to go for normal. But seriously what is normal? There is no normal. Sure you see a family mom, dad and two kids a house with a white picket fence and everyone thinks that's normal. But you have no idea what goes on behind closed doors. There is average but no normal, simply because everyone has their own beliefs and thoughts on everything and rarely do they ever exactly match up with everyone else.
spike'smate chapter 7 . 4/1/2012
very good story
Premise Oh Sum chapter 7 . 3/22/2012
What can I say? Thanks? It's not enough for all the good time I have reading you, but... *virtual hug* Thanks, thanks, thanks!
Lyzzybelle chapter 7 . 3/13/2012
This, and the 2 before it, was an awesome story! You totally deserve more reviews!
jackiemack916 chapter 7 . 1/12/2012
Absolutely fantastic trilogy. I loved the idea of Spike and Buffy together in the series, but then I despised the way she used and degraded him. It hurt to watch. I much prefer your version of events. And I loved how you managed to seamlessly weave canon and your own AU together. Thanks for posting and doing such a wonderful job.
MMWillow13 chapter 7 . 11/30/2011
Brilliant the way you rewrote everything so Joyce lives and Glory is totally taken out without any death! Also OMG I could kiss Joyce and the whole bed conversation it was bloody perfect!
Vera Snape-Evans chapter 7 . 10/17/2011
Oh god, most awkward conversation in the history of awkward conversations. I couldn't stop laughing. I was pretty sure that Joyce knew already, but...wow. What a way to clue them in.
rkm chapter 7 . 9/28/2011
oohhh, if only the show had been more like your wonderful trilogy - no joyce dying, no buffy dying, the slow acceptance of the scoobies of spike in their lives, the slow - but not TOO slow - journey of spike and buffy being together (and i don't mean the sexual stuff, either). sniff, beautifully done!

and i LOVED the small doses of humor. (tell ya a secret - that's the ingredient for me being a loyal fan ... if you can make me laugh, and make me cry in the good way ...)

truly, truly enjoyed this!
DLillith21 chapter 7 . 8/8/2011
So fabulous! I loved how you fixed season 5-all the parts I didn't like were fixed, and solved the problems of season 6. I love that you saved Joyce, and got rid of Glory without killing Buffy, and brought Spike and Buffy together. And I absolutely laughed out loud at Joyce telling Spike and Buffy to get some new music. :)
71 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »