Reviews for The Mark
AvidReader2236 chapter 1 . 2/16
Disgustingly vivid description.
sheetah chapter 1 . 2/22/2015
Very good writing! I really liked the story. Sometimes keeping it simple is the best option and it really worked here!
Guest chapter 1 . 9/19/2013
This is so brilliant! You've captured her personality really well
Like you I can never imagine love **shudders** but mire obsession
Random Person with No Name chapter 1 . 7/29/2013
I believe Jo Rowling said in an interview somewhere that while Voldemort was incapable of love, Bellatrix did love him, but took Rodolphus as a husband because that was what was expected of her. Im not entirely sure, but pretty close to it.
keeptheotherone chapter 1 . 6/10/2013
I think your ability to write Bellatrix has sold me (as in cemented what I already knew) on your great talent as a writer. This is creepy and weird and disturbing and accurate, and your ability to write such diverse characters in a believable way is true talent.
sierendipity chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
Chills everywhere - terrifyingly done. (So, perfect.)
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
Nice stuff. Gave me a brilliant image of Bellatrix as Helena BC played her, spinning around and laughing crazily between grey stone walls while lightning and thunder crashed...and still the laughter goes on...
Alpenwolf chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
bellatrix is bellatrix ... and voldemort would never be able to rape her ... bellatrix would rape voldemort P
De1eted Acc0unt chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
Bellatrix scares me :). She's really mental! Completey and utterly mental. But the story was written perfectly!

Regarding the Bellatrix/Voldemort thing, I do think that Bellatrix would be capable of love, under very certain circumstances. So would Voldemort, I think, but only before he had any horocruxes- because those were really what made him inhuman.
ShamRockCenter chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
This is bloody brilliant. Bellatrix is probably my favorite character, mosly because of how she is evidently insane, but still carries herself like an aristocratic lady of the utmost importance. I feel that Bellatrix is capable of SOME form of twisted love; at least before she was sent to Azkaban and went cometely nutty. I feel as if she certainly loved Voldemort, and her love for him was so great that she would do anything to satisfy him, including torture and kill those he found unworthy of life. And I believe she loved het family, at first; at least her sisters (until Andromeda became a blood traitor) and her parents, and probably her other snobby relatives, like Regalus and his parents. However, after Azkaban I believed that she was too much of a nutter to even remember love for anyone except her master, most likely the only person she thought about while imprisoned. She discarded everyone and everything else, even her own husband and family. Voldemort, however: completely uncapable of love or anything related to the sort, as declared many times over by Dumbledore, and so crucial to his own defeat. This was truly a beautiful piece of Fanfiction.
PetitMoi207 chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
Gaahh! CREEPY! im glad than it's ten am here, or else I would never be able to sleep again!
Anakaraya Slytherin chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
loved it, loved it, loved it, you portrayed bellatrix perfectly. But I do disagree with you.

Yes Voldemort is incapable of love but Bellatrix certainly loves him. She is obsessed with him, admires him immensly and worships the ground he walks on yes, but does that not lead to love? She would give her life to him ( she already gave her sanity) and would kill everyone she ever cared about (hmm I wonder who that is? ) for him. Though this is not the usual symptoms of love that we see you also have to remember that normal has never been a word applied to Bellatrix Lestrange. To her this is love.

All in all it was a wonderful story. Please write more!
FlashFiction chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
This is a really good story! I love the last line. It's really simple but it's effective. No, maybe it's affective. Hmm... I have trouble working out which is appropriate. In any case it's a good story!
ParisNeverEnded chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
You portrayed her exactly perfect. I can get picky and ratty about fics concerning Bellatrix as (she's my favorite character) and that she is one of the most intriguing and complex character in the book.

However I disagree, Bella loved him. She was Psychopathic, twisted, cold, menacing (they both were) but she worshipped him (something I'm sure we all agree on) and a part of that worship was lust and love. If Bella ever loved it was that man Tom Marvalo Riddle to her the Dark Lord.
aurorsinthetardis chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
I've been very lucky to read this in the afternoon and not in the evening 'cause at that time of rhe day I get very impressionable and freak out for every little thing and this is definitely something to freak out for.

I liked how you portraied Bellatrix, every thought, every action was the thought and the action of the character we know from the book, not of the one you want her to be...

(It may sound like a bad thing but, as I intended it, it was a compliment C:)