Reviews for Gamp's Law
NotToBeMeanBut chapter 1 . 4/20/2014
If Robert was capable of surviving inside of the Room of Requirement because the Room provided him with the energy and sustenance he needed then wouldn't it be possible for him to have lived through this encounter if instead of leaving right away, the others had brought him actual food and water for a few days, at least one, before they let him leave the Room? Maybe that wouldn't be possible for Robert since nobody knew about it until three years after the fact but removing the Room's ability to sustain life for as long as the person is inside it seems like a bad idea, you could last a siege in it and have someone bring you food and water afterwards.
Also, people are capable of living longer than three or four days without food. Some people can survive over two months without food so long as they keep hydrated, depending on how healthy they are before they stop eating. If Robert were to die of anything from his four day stint in the Room of Requirement, it would be from the water he had consumed while in the Room suddenly leaving his body, not the energy draining from his mitochondria or the nutrients abandoning his flesh.
How could they alter the Room to align with Gamp's Great Exception, if Gamp hasn't even been born yet? Gamp was born three years after the fact and I highly doubt he went on to create the famous Law of Elemental Transfiguration as soon as he was born, which means people where altering extremely powerful magic to follow a concept several years before it was even conceived of, let alone published for all to see.
The Light from Within chapter 1 . 4/4/2014
This is a great story of gamps laws. I would like to see a story of the ways or rules of transfiguration and your story would figure in nicely.
imaginexthat chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
It is fact that humans survive more than 2 weeks without food. 3 days without water, but then water can be conjured. Aguamenti can conjure water from water vapor. Terry could have asked for a passage out, if he were smart enough.

Nevertheless, the story was brilliant. Well-researched. Believable. Imaginative. Great use of Potterverse and Its principles. Well, great writing, overall. The ending sentence, very apt. Love stories like this.

I'm happy you get to live your dreams, and I'm happy that you're sharing your talent. Thank you. :)

Jeanne
Shanna chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
Another great piece. 3 you :)
Lovely Rain Dancer chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
Oh. Gosh. What. This is just fantastic. Bloody brilliant actually
bldude chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
And the first word Alexander Davies said when Robert Terry died was "What."
SaffronDaise chapter 1 . 4/25/2012
I don't even KNOW what to say to that. WOW. Fascinating! -Curious.-
thedarkthestral chapter 1 . 4/25/2012
Wow, this is really quite amazing. Short, but informative AND slightly emotional. Good job!
Jen103 chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
Very good!
avalonchick5 chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
Oooooh, very well thought out there, your explanations about the Room of Requirement and Gamp's Laws are very interesting.

As always, a very well-written and intriguing piece.

Love,

Avalon
yay chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
This one was really good too.
MizSphinx chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
What an interesting, creative piece! I really enjoyed the lighthearted tone in this, and 'Gamp's Law' made me chuckle. Really well done!
Seriouslyme chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
I simply adore this piece! It is so Harry Potter and Jo!

I love your explaination of magical conjouration.
slightlymild chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
This is wonderfully written. But would one actually die without food for 4 days? I'm sure it should be longer, that our bodies could actually last that long.
Minty chapter 1 . 8/16/2011
that was lovely and thought-provoking. Its always nice to find a fanfiction author who shares their quirky thoughts.