Reviews for Skyward to Freedom
Time's Quill chapter 5 . 4/26/2014
Amazing!I loved everything about this story! This was wonderful; you should be proud of your baby!
ReadingBlueWolf chapter 4 . 11/2/2012
This chapter was amazing! I love it! I just don't... OMG! This is amazing! I love it! I have no words. The colors of the fabrics flying was awesome! I love the rebel theme. This whole idea is amazing! AHHH! I loved how you went over each color too. That was amazing. The fact that Zelda stopped for a moment over the Link colored cloth is SO amazing. And the fact that it ended on the fabric the color of Krystal's fur was like ALL the feels! It's such an uplifting happy chapter. I frigin love this! You're amazing! You. Are. Amazing!

Oh and...
"That thing can fly just as well as Falco can!"
OMG! THIS WAS AMAZING! I LOVE THIS LINE!
ReadingBlueWolf chapter 3 . 10/29/2012
This made me smile. I love how you described all the colors of the characters. That was absolutely amazing! I really enjoyed the talk with Fox and Zelda. I'm glad to know what's finally been going on with him. Poor Fox though, having that happen and then being punished. In some ways it seems like Master Hand's place is borderline concentration camp. I also thought the part about Fox possibly losing Krystal was a nice touch. I can't wait to see the outcome of these fabrics! This is another awesome chapter! Great job!
IrishPanther chapter 5 . 10/29/2012
Lovely epilogue to such a wonderful piece of fanfiction! Loved that everyone came and helped out Zelda and Fox with their clean up, and loved Fox's idea of a flag (though we'll never know how it comes out...). Aww, Fox thinks that Zelda and Link are a good couple! Hooray for Master Hand for completing his lovely painting (long painting I might add...like really, really long 0.o) and hooray for him letting his perfectionistic ways slide for only this one time.

There was one sentence that kind of had me questioning what it was supposed to mean:
Zelda nodded. "I can't create how much carnage we caused."
-Maybe a bit of explanation can help me out...or maybe a bit of a typo is in there?

Other than that, this was an excellent chapter in regards to there being no real grammatical errors! Well done on this story and kudos for making such a lovely Super Smash Bros. fic! )
IrishPanther chapter 4 . 10/27/2012
Yay, the plan achieved max status, and Zelda and Fox don't care if they get in trouble! A happy ending for all (except Master Hand but he doesn't deserve it P)! )

I'll agree with you on the fact that this chapter turned out absolutely amazing! Loved Fox and Zelda's little comical/serious routine before and during the execution of the plan, and loved the other's reactions (including Falco...it's ok, you aren't mean, you're just bored P).

I found a few mistakes while reading:
"You ever have those days where you're so bored that you start..." she let out an embarrassed laugh "time yourself to see how fast you can organize your room perfectly?"
-During the second quotated sentence, you start with 'time.' I think changing that to 'timing' would make more sense.
Zelda chuckled. "Ah, I remember he was miffed."
-Try rewording that quotated sentence to look like this: (Ah, I remember that, he was miffed.)
Fox ordered as he slowed down a bitm turning Zelda back towards Master Hand's window.
-Typo with 'bit' and add a comma after Zelda
"Zelda!"she heard her companion shout in shock.
-Space out the last quotation mark and 'she'

Other than that, your writing skills were superb as I was hooked onto this chapter! Cannot wait to read the epic epilogue next!
IrishPanther chapter 3 . 10/25/2012
Once again, another amazing chapter! Glad to see Zelda go and almost buy all of the fabric in the store...it seemed like it, I mean dang! Poor Fox, felt sorry for his decision and bad for him having to think about it over and over again, but glad to see Zelda aid him in the right direction; even if Fox isn't fully healed, he'll be fine for the day! No grammar mistakes spotted, so nice work on that! Cannot wait to see what happens next and to see if the plan is a success!
IrishPanther chapter 2 . 10/25/2012
Hooray for Fox and Zelda, they finally came up with a plan to get back at Master Hand! Why is Master Hand so crazy and such a perfectionist? The sky isn't going to be the same tomorrow MH, you're out of luck!

And yay for mentioning Falco...I miss Falco...I miss StarFox 64! (

Anyway, this was a lovely chapter and I was glad to see Fox and Zelda's little friendship continuing to grow! Yay for GPS navigation and adding in LoZ talk! No grammar mistakes spotted while reading, so nice work there! Cannot wait to see what goes down next!
ReadingBlueWolf chapter 2 . 10/22/2012
I LOVE THIS! It's so adorable. And your humor makes it fun. I like the friendship between Fox and Zelda. It's sweet. He just wants her to have a good time and she wants to cheer him up. I'm all anxious to find up what's up with Fox though! I want to know what's going on with him! I hope that Zelda can help him a little bit! Even if it's just to be an ear. This entire story is amazing! You are a fantastic writer. And I want to know what Master Hand will do when they mess up his picture!
Selenehekate chapter 2 . 10/20/2012
Haha, I love the ending line; I think it fits the chapter really well. I like the length of this chapter; I know it's a little short, but I feel like anything else would have just made the chapter drag on a bit and go into a whole 'nother thing... And, as always, your dialogue is totally awesome. Well done!
ReadingBlueWolf chapter 1 . 10/19/2012
This is cute! I love the beginning. Master Hand is always a troll to people! I liked how he-it- wanted to paint the skies. That was funny. And the bird comment from Zelda. I thought this was a very solid beginning and as usual you're an excellent writer. I love every moment of it. I like how you bring out Fox's vulpine characteristics ever so slightly. Like the fact he grinned slyly because he was a fox. You're quietly reminding us he's not a person, which we almost forget because of his character. You're making sure he stays himself when we, as readers, might want to change him in our head. If that makes sense. I'm wondering why Fox wants to get away and obviously, so is Zelda. I really enjoyed what he did to her during take off. That was great. This is a wonderful first chapter!
IrishPanther chapter 1 . 10/19/2012
Decided to start reading this little project seeing as it hasn't been getting much attention.

I'll start off by saying that this was a good chapter to start out the story! Hooray for using Zelda and Fox as the main characters, as they seem to be hitting it off early! I couldn't help but to snicker when I heard about Master Hand appearing in this story...seriously, what could he do to Fox? Please don't answer last question, as we are aware of his powers Glad to see Zelda enjoying the flight with Fox at helm, and I agree with what Fox said about flying getting such an incredible rush! No grammatical errors founded, so nice job on that! I cannot wait to see where this story goes!
Selenehekate chapter 1 . 10/19/2012
Haha, I love the voice that you've given to Zelda; your characterization of her is awesome. I also really like the dialogue that you have here between Fox and Zelda; it's really clever and well done. Good first chapter!
RedheadedMarina chapter 2 . 10/13/2012
This was a very sweet chapter. I really like how you show these characters connecting as real people, beyond what their everyday lives demand that they pretend to be. Fox is understandably proud of his piloting skills, and you show his pleasure at being the one to show Zelda what his world is like, and his pride at helping to change a bit of her perspective on the world in general. They move from formal conversation to friendly teasing very naturally, and there's a sense that they'll both be looking back on this moment as the start of something-or maybe that's just me? I very much enjoyed this and I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
RedheadedMarina chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
Firstly, I am very impressed by anyone who is asked to create an OC and does so...as a spacecraft. I sure wouldn't think of that.

"How I've underestimated you, boredom." Great line, and don't we all?

"She deduced drastic times..." It may not be grammatically necessary, but I feel like it should read "she deduced that drastic times called for..."

You have a lot of skill at keeping the story going from inside one character's POV without it feeling like a ton of exposition, or just weird half-sentences. We see things as your character sees them and experiences them, and for me as a reader, it's a very compelling writing style. Well done as always!
Souldin chapter 5 . 11/10/2011
Personally, I consider prologues and epilogue's to be valuable entries in a story, but not ones necessary to appreciate a story. For instance, though it helps, you do not need a prologue to understand the plot of a story nor do you need an epilogue to feel satisfied with an ending. In the case of this fanfic I would not consider your first chapter and last chapter to be a prologue or an epilogue respectively like you consider, for if I were to read this story without having read the 'prologue' or 'epilogue' I would understood little going into it, and felt unsatisfied with the ending. This is not a criticism which is why I've written at the start of the review and is more of a commentary on your usage of terms. Moving on though, now to begin the actual review.

I've read a lot of stories of this kind, and while I can say I've enjoyed quite a few of them more so than this one, there are few I can say are better written than this one. It has the basic feel of a short and sweet one-shot but stretched out over multiple chapters and yet this only helps to make it an even greater piece of writing as the pacing of character development, relationship development, and story development (though the story feels like a simple one so it doesn't change dramatically) is wonderful. Slow and careful for when it needs to be, but the writing accelerates in pace when the waited for moment of action begin. Emotions feel real, which is weird when considering the premise for these emotions to come is 'a princess and fox humanoid protest against a rule enforcing OCD glove', but they do feel absolutely genuine. Fox's moments of slipping from happy to sad is a fantastic portrayal of emotion, though I will say that such a thing is more of a common emotional response when someone has died, and I did think that was going to be the case, but Fox's actual situation applies better to the premise of the story than the one I had presumed. Writing is solid, with great descriptions and flow, characters are fleshed out and I like the usage of DK.

I can’t explain it too well but I found myself siding with Master Hand in the story rather than Fox and Zelda. Perhaps it’s because I can relate to the guy more than I can the two protagonists, perhaps it’s because how one-sided the story seems in its views until the final chapter, or perhaps it’s because the guy seemed to be suffering from a condition (like OCD) rather than being intentionally mean to the smashers. It could even be all three of those but it all lead me to think how this same situation could have been solved simply by talking to the guy. My other critique would be that the timeline of this story is hard to grasp, particularly in how the Star Fox timeline and Super Smash Bros timeline are integrated, and I think it’s a result of the change from the story being a Brawl fic into a Melee fic. To sum it up though, trying to work out at what point the Star Fox series would be at in conjunction this fanfic being a Melee set fanfic is confusing and messy, and it feels like a very important detail of this fanfic.

This has ended up being quite a long review so I’ll try to wrap it up quick. There are others of this type that I have enjoyed more but this is certainly one of the best fanfics of its kind. Hoorah to its writing, hoorah to its pacing, hoorah to its original non-fight based plot, and hoorah to DK being included even if he wasn’t a main character in this story. Amazing job, keep up the great work!