Reviews for Not Normal
I know that this story has been finished for years. Even so I think that having Neville with multiple wives was a very large mistake. It stops the story dead and has no reason that I can see.
kurolothgarian chapter 23 . 8/22
While going over the Prophecy in Chapter 23, you have Harry, Luna, and Hermione act as if they never discussed it before.
phoebuscat chapter 10 . 8/11
"Pretty Pony"... *snorts* That is brilliant! I'll never look at Jame's stag the same again!

But Hermione really has to tone down her awful bossiness. Who does she think she is, everybody's minder?
arata7kasuga chapter 2 . 8/7
Harry's excuse for bad marks isn't very good. Hermione was in those situations as well, she was also petrified, and still got good marks on her assignments that she did...It is not outside the realm of possibility for him to have still gotten good marks...
stephenopolos chapter 46 . 7/29
What would've been less annoying would be to have Ginny bond with someone else instead of Harry. But then this whole bond thing you have in this story is already far fetched...

Also, it's been a chore to get this far into the story, a lot of which seems familiar so I think I've tried and dropped it a few times since the last update date.
BelfryBats chapter 16 . 7/11
Interesting author notes on this one. Meaning not many take the time to explain where they are coming from and why in such detail. It is rather nice to see the historical parallels and the background of things. Now I do disagree with a few of your assertions to some extent. One being the level of gender inequality that is present. This because it is based on mundane culture not magical. Nothing in cannon suggests that Wizards are more powerful magically than Witches. So since magic can easily overcome physical limitations it would stand to reason that wizards would have a rather tough time making witches do things they did not want to do. As they could quite literally turn them into newts if they wished. Of course there are societal issues and expectations at play which could minimize that even if it is unlikely that such conventions would develop in quite that way due to the aforementioned reason. Another thing is that polyamory does in fact work just fine in reality. This is not to say it works for everyone/or is even for everyone or that it is all that easy to manage. Just that it does in fact happen and work just fine in the real world, though it does take a lot of open and honest communication and some level of planing and organization. Of course those things seem to be present in this story which is nice as there are other fan fics that just lump everyone together without really addressing the interpersonal issues that would arise from such an arrangement.
Poppy4Prez!
Ohhh, now I remember why I dropped this fic.

This is so weird. Also I think it's a continuity problem: Earlier you wrote Hermione much shyer than she should be (according to her experiences). Not to mention the awfulness of the whole "child prostitution angle" with the "Mentors". How can any of this take place in Hogwarts without any of the boys knowing about it? How did Hermione hide this from Ron and Harry? Harry's reaction to this seems ridiculously tame - he has good reason to feel betrayed. I'll try to continue on and hope this serves some kind of purpose later on. At this point it seems like trash.
Deathcrow chapter 9 . 7/2
I like the way you presented the Flamels here, especially how you gave them such an elaborate backstory.

The idea that time travel to the future is "impossible" is flat out wrong though. I mean, okay, sure, this is Harry Potter, maybe in their fantastical world it is impossible, but Einstein's laws of relativity are well understood and things like GPS satellites wouldn't work the way they do if time dilation doesn't exist. Sergei Avdeyev is 20 ms younger than he should be because he 'traveled to the future'. Time travel to the future is eminently practical and possible - as long as you can move fast enough (or get close enough to a heavy body).
Eldersprig chapter 26 . 6/30
neat
Eldersprig chapter 19 . 6/30
politics especially in fantasy novels is **boring**. How is it different then politics in a non-fantasy novel? Of course you seem to enjoy it so bone petit.
Eldersprig chapter 17 . 6/30
I'm glad the Weasley's aren't villains here. But Dumbles is. Hope you deal with him quick.
Eldersprig chapter 10 . 6/30
Its exposition. It has to go somewhere. (Muppet Movie)
EJ chapter 16 . 6/20
Obvious hormone-driven fantasy. The sad thing is this fic had interested me until you basically made half the story about how it's necessary for girls to fuck each other every night. Also, these are practically little kids that you're sexualizing. Hermione is way out of character, as well. Suddenly after a few visions, she's confident and willing to share her boyfriend with four other girls? Smh.
ChaseRyans123 chapter 10 . 6/19
Also if I could, I'd like to touch on a few plot details that don't make much sense. I wouldn't bother but...they're kind of central to your story. First of all is the time-travel debacle. How can it work the way you've described? You say that the past is absolutely fixed and can't be changed no matter what, but that defeats the entire story. Sure, whatever eventually happens to the 13-year-old HP crew is the 'future' and up for grabs, but to the older versions that's all supposedly iron-clad history. You've set up a paradox here where either the past CAN be changed and the future-crew managed to figure out how, or you're saying that the present can be altered by a future that doesn't exist yet. Not to mention that the example you cite, the Time Turners, absolutely COULD be used to alter the past. What happens if I were to travel back in time to kill myself? What if I put a gun against my past-selfs head and pulled the trigger? Would the bullet just...vanish? All I'm saying is that while your explanation of the timeline is cool and all, any universe that has the means for time-travel needs to follow the Doctor Who example: time is not fixed except at certain, un-alterable points, and interacting with yourself is a no-no unless you ensure past-you goes back in time as well to alter time in the exact same way. This is the only way time-travel can work; if the past can never be changed, then any form of backwards time-travel at all would cause ripple-effects so profound that reality-ending paradoxes would ensue.
Also...sex to control magic?! Why?! And why not males? What part of women would cause their natural magics to be in constant flux? I could buy if their magic was thrown out of wack during pregnancy-growing a new life and all-but all the time? If you wanted to expand Harry's harem, why not say that having sex with a powerful wizard temporarily boosted a witch's magical power? It could have even had a nice biological reason: wizards naturally providing a share of magical energy to help the pregnancy stick or ensure the baby was born healthy. Then when magicals figured out contraception charms, this power-boost became unnecessary unless the witch in question wanted a magical recharge. As it is, that entire plot point comes off as unacceptably misogynistic and a transparent attempt to get Harry laid in a way that doesn't make him a womanizer.
3,464 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »