Reviews for Dead Man's Hand
LittleOak chapter 1 . 9/9/2014
Really brilliant. Thank you for writing such a true to cannon piece!
janetchapman chapter 1 . 7/8/2014
I really enjoyed reading this story. I read quite a lot of Pro's fanfic and this has to be up there with my faves. Great plot, 'totally the boys' I loved the angst, hurt/ comfort and the humour.
Please write some more Pro's stories :)
Kiryat chapter 1 . 3/22/2013
Loved it! Pros was probably one of the first fandoms I ever enjoyed and I have been reading and following it ever since. Bodie is my favorite although Doyle comes a very close second. In fact, no red blooded gal would ever say no to either one of these guys. I know you have a heads-up on the Brit speak but these voices were just so authentic. I could close my eyes and imagine I was in an episode- that was how good this is!

The bait and switch was masterful and after all the build up and minor accidents and incidents which poor Doyle endured, it was a great stroke to have Bodie on the end of the real disaster. I really soaked up all the angst.

Final note- the humor was great. This is one of those rare fics which combines drama in spades and also the rare ability to make the reader (me) laugh out loud. Especially the banter between the guys in the gas van!

I'd love it you wrote more Pros fic!
Tamarac chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
Absolutely Fabulous, darling. A brooding black browed Bodie made me go weak at the knees!

The lads voices were shouting out loud and clear. You really have caught them uncannily well. Can I ask for more of them please?
Shellie Williams chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
Wonderful, wonderful story! I haven't watched the Professionals in years and this lovely yarn brought it all back to me. Loved those two guys! You've captured them perfectly; it was no effort at all to picture this playing in my mind as I read. I enjoyed it very, very much. Looking forward to trying out the rest of your stories.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
I really liked your story. I think you kept them both in character, and I really appreciated that you had Doyle have minor accidents, not something life-threatening. You really kept it from getting over-dramatic. The end was definitely a nice touch as well. Thank you for the good read.
JessePev chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
Great story. I totally love Bodie and it's good to read some well written h/c about him. The banter was true to the show. They are quite the funny guys and you did this very well. Hope you write more soon.
JessePev chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
PeppyPower chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
I applaud you on this and I second all my former reviewers: this is a very well written fic and I loved all the dedication and research you put into it. One can tell you are of the medical profession, mind. I would definitely love to see an "injured Doyle and pampering Bodie" fic if you find the time and venue, it is fantastic to finally see a good Pros fic writer popping by again. Seriously, please try and write that as well, I do love when Bodie freaks because of hurt Doyle, but also stays calm and on top, I think you get what I mean. If I could really make a wish here, then I guess it'd be Doyle with broken bones and dislocated shoulder, I always wanted someone with some medical knowledge write how Bodie, who - with all his SAS and Merc knowledge - would reduce a dislocated shoulder, that'd be superb on Bodie's behalf, if you ask me. Again, thanks for a most entertaining read, mate, that was fantastic and I am still enthralled!
SupernaturalGeek chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
That was really well done.

It's hard to find good Professionals stories but with this you really captured both Bodie and Doyle's voices perfectly, along with their mannerisms.

You also captured their deep friendship and the whole thing was really touching, without ever being over the top, and had the humour that was always one of the best bits about the show.

I enjoyed this :)
Rhesa chapter 1 . 7/7/2011
that was wonderful, well plotted, great characterisation and prose. Loved it! hope you write more pros fic - and great to see Bodie the recipient of some hurt/comfort. Well done
Maisiesmum chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
I loved this so much. I can really believe Bodie would be so superstitious after working at sea and being a soldier. Sailors and fishermen have so much lore about what is good and bad luck.

Some bits also made me laugh out loud. Loved it when Murphy called them Cagney and Lacey, and the snarking was really true to form just like in the show.

I hope you write some more soon.
1985laurie chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
Superb! I can't tell you how happy I was to find a hurt/comfort Bodie fic - and such a well written one too. It's still early, but I can safely say you've made my day! Hope to see more soon...
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 7/4/2011