Reviews for The Way It Was
Shawna chapter 1 . 1/22/2014
A great one-shot. Loved every word. Keep up the good work.
Shawna chapter 1 . 7/23/2013
Great one-shot. This is my first time reading this story and I loved every word of it! Great job!
dippycippy chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
Great story
Wolf Dragon Demon chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
Really good fic, I enjoyed and I agree with it as to why kids/teens (some) are the way they are.
Phoenixhp5t3 chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
always enjoyed this little one shot, but i was horrible enough to never review, so here it is! nice job!
shawna chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
Great chapter. I liked how well they discussed spanking in the days when they were human. hope to read another one soon!
ficwriterjet chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
I remember reading this one a while back, but I guess I never left a reveiw. I enjoyed the story. I can imagine the Cullens sitting around and talking about this, since they've been alive long enough to see a significant change in society on this subject. I think my favorite part of this fic, is picturing Esme spanking Emmett outside the mall. LOL I totally agree with your author's note, too.
Nooneiknow chapter 1 . 2/16/2012
Really cute.
Just4Me chapter 1 . 9/30/2011
Cute, funny story.
BlondFool927 chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
I have to start by saying that I REALLY loved your author note. It made me laugh.

I liked your story. The fact that it was that way and the boys trying scary and horrify Bella. Maybe a bit odd, but a lovely family moment.
annsteph chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
Your such an awesome writer. This conversation was so "them." Interaction was well played with all the characters and you could imagine them just sitting and talking about it like it was so matter-of-fact. Emmett's put out attitude was extremely well written because you nailed his personality to a T. Great job on this as well as all your other stories. I for one look forward to them all. Thanks for sharing and adding a nice litle smile to end the day.
Hammilton chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
Okay, I really did enjoy this story, and I'm glad you wrote it. I will say, it isn't as well written as your other pieces. It felt a bit rushed, as if there was some reluctance there while writing it. And the narration was a bit clunky. It didn't flow very smoothly because it was difficult when changing from person to person to keep it in the third person. But most people probably wouldn't care. I'm just a grammar nazi sometimes.

I wish you'd expanded more on the stories. And just a suggestion, you could maybe use this as more material for later stories. Displaying the scrapes of the Cullen children, and the semi painful/semi fluffy moments. I only suggest it though, because I know you'd be good at writing it.

I did think this was cute. A little laughter, a little family fluff, and you also touched on a more serious note. Not to mention the portrayal of characters in this one was quite accurate and entertaining. 'Scary mom'... Haha. Too true. Alice's comment at the end was a perfect way to actually end this. It leaves the reader satisfied with the outcome.

All in all, I really enjoyed this. Please consider writing more... :) You know I'll read it.
wandamarie chapter 1 . 7/4/2011
yes it is true back in the late 1970s and the 1980s if you did wrong you got you bottom spanked i now i shear did from the hand to a biker belt depend on the bad behaver
WolfandVampire chapter 1 . 7/4/2011
Love it!

I am so glad that the Cullens stick to the traditional methods of discipline...the world wasn't as scary when acting up meant a sore rear end. As spankings became less acceptable, the crime rates have continued to rise. Coincidence? I think not!

I am against hitting children too, but please tell me you don't group "spanking" and "hitting" in the same category. They are different. "Hitting" is abuse. "Spanking" - if it is done right is a effective form of discipline...however,I will admit that some people take a spanking and turn it into abuse. Which is why I added the "if it is done right"
gracattack chapter 1 . 7/4/2011