Reviews for The Sound of Silence
Spice Of Life chapter 1 . 7/20/2005
I participated in the Day of Silence in my school. I thought this was great. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 1/17/2003
I'm sorry that you need to politicize a child's story.

There are other ways and places to do this.

How sad.
Cricket chapter 1 . 6/12/2002
Yay! I participated in this, and it's nice to know that I was not the only one. Go youth pride!(although 22 you have probably graduated to regular pride now...hurrah for all LGBT and allies, then).

-Cricket
Eilla chapter 1 . 6/1/2002
Since certain cowardly parties have chosen to comment on my review without even bothering to give a name or email address so that I might politely discuss my opinion, I’ll have to say it here: I did *not* write a flame, and the author and I have talked with each other and come to an understanding, and after I further explained myself she even agreed with me. If you want to know what was said, email her.
Syd the Tired chapter 1 . 5/2/2002
Jules, dear, I love it! I absolutely positively love it. Not that I don't love everything you write but you put out an important message that some would never get to hear. I was suprised that none of the slash/yaoi writers that I read said anything about it. Kudoos to you! And ignore that flame. Isn't writing R/H pushing the agenda that they belong together? Off to fail a final now! _
Brittany chapter 1 . 5/1/2002
That was a really great story. I participated in it last year to support my LGBT friends. The way you presented the topic is wonderful. I read some of your other reviews, and the people who have flamed this must be crazy. What you're doing isn't pushing your agenda, it's getting your point across. Last time I checked, if the fic was about any of the characters from the Harry Potter books, that makes it a Harry Potter fanfic. *reads over story* yep, you've got the character thing covered. Keep writing, and thanks for posting this.

P.S.: If I sound kinda b*tchy to any of y'all, I'm really sorry, but I'm tired and I just really liked this fic, and when people bust on stuff that I like, I get defensive. I still love y'all!;)
Eilla chapter 1 . 4/30/2002
The #1 cardinal sin of writing fanfiction is pushing an agenda, and while I absolutely agree with The Day of Silence, pushing your agenda has no place in a fanfic unless it's *not* the focal point, otherwise you’re missing the point of why fanfiction is written.
OoshatiElf chapter 1 . 4/21/2002
Very well written. I've never heard of Day of Silence. Even thoughh I beleive what they do is not right, I don't discrimate against them.

Love,

The one and only-

OoshatiElf

~God Bless~

*Live out Loud.*
The Wandering Blue Andalite chapter 1 . 4/21/2002
I did the Day of Silence in my school and I'm a proud participaint. I support all people and friends of mine also who are LGBT. It was a hard day and some people tried to make me talk but I made it through the whole day without speaking. This is a really good story,thank you very much for sharing it.
Jules7 chapter 1 . 4/18/2002
This is to those who have flamed this piece:

I don't care what you think about the way I express myself. With all the political awareness suddenly springing up (S.P.E.W. being the best example), it seemed appropriate to have this movement incorporated. In addition, there is a great statistical likelihood that there are homosexual students at Hogwarts that would have appreciated such a gesture of support. I participated to support my friends and loved ones who are LGBT, and that is why I wrote this piece. If you take offense at the idea, DON'T READ IT. Simple solution.

To anyone who saw this and liked it or was moved by it: Thank you!
gravy chapter 1 . 4/11/2002