Reviews for What's to become of him?
Lexi Hart of 221b chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
Great story! I'm glad so many people think Eliza should end up with Henry! I about died when I read Shaw's book and saw that he wanted Eliza to end up with that sniveling dummy...
AmmieTheAnimeAngel chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
So awesome!
komodo.dragon2 chapter 1 . 11/21/2011
:3 awww
sash queen of the jungle chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
What a lovely take on henrys situation and his feelings. Thanks for writing.
Anon chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
Referring to your note at the beginning: "Pygmalion" wasn't adapted into a play, it was/is a play. And the guy who adapted it into "My Fair Lady"(the film)? That was George Bernard Shaw himself. He won an Oscar for the screenplay. Plus, Freddy wasn't really a 'simpering society whelp'; his family was pretty much broke.
HowWonderfulLifeIs chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
I have seen a few authors on this site who can worm their delightfully twisted ways into the minds of characters, and you, my friend, are one of the greats. I am delighted to have read this. A few typos, but certainly excusable.
La Apricot chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
Loved how you put the thoughts of Higgins in the last scene of the movie into words! Definitely agree with you about Shaw... first he creates these two fierce characters with a lovely amount of romantic tension between them, and then he turns on his audience and doesn't allow them to get together! So disappointing! Sure, it's probably closer to reality that they wouldn't get together, but I don't really care about reality in fiction...

Liked your fic!
Stormcloudishone chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
My school performed My Fair Lady a couple years ago, and they had a scene very much like this one at the end. I simply loved it then, and I was thrilled to see it again here. Eliza and Higgins are clearly meant to be together, lol.
DevoteeofElizanherHiggins chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
To Noisseau, Mia-Hood, Dali2theLlamasquared, NovaGirl, Dawn Moon, Skywise, n all other fans of the Alan J Lerner endind,

There's a reason why Shaw chose to end the play in such an abnormal, "inhuman" way. It was a more personal reason than just indulging in his desire for the burlesque and unromantic and shocking. (Well, having said that, I dunno what he desired when he made Candida - where he lets the husband and not the usurper to the throne, win - though.)

Shaw, if u read enuf u'll know, wrote Pygmalion with Higgins based on himself and Eliza on an actress he was then romantically involved with, a Mrs Patrick-something. He had not yet finished the finale when, to his shock, she began to reject his amorous advances.. And so the outcome from a jilted noted womaniser and philanderer.

But that wasn't enuf for Shaw. When he found the world took to his play with a natural ending - where Eliza stays on with Higgins, sometimes in matrimony - in their minds, he fought back.. with that ill-conceived epilogue to the play..

I merit it as ill-conceived becos Shaw wasn't sure himself what he really wanted between Eliza n Henry by the end of the epilogue (in which he reveals the 20-yr - not more, dear fans of Henry-Eliza - difference between them is one of the reasons they mustn't marry)... And he makes like he's forced to finally bring them together under the Wimpole Street roof, n has Eliza married to that simpleton but her domestic bliss lies in harbouring "secret desires" of superior love (as opposed to her husband-ly love for Freddy n fatherly love for Pickering) to Higgins n making love to him in a desert island setting - a setting where technically our innermost n most real desires come forth.

I find Shaw's method hopeless here. U all do what u like with the man who thought too much of himself. Pygmalion was disagreeable where St Joan was not.
thunderings chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
What a beautiful oneshot! I really felt Henry's emotions! Few writers are able to grab the reader and make them feel what the character does; but you did! Great job!
daisychains123 chapter 1 . 10/29/2007
I really liked it! congrats on the fic!

katie janeway chapter 1 . 8/12/2005
Well written and nicely done.
colleen chapter 1 . 7/27/2005
definetely one of the best fanfics i've ever read...even though higgins and eliza didn't manange to end up in a flying saucer making love...which is often the case.

your word choice is is fair lady-esque, with the subtle, clever rhyming. all of the internal thoughts were very well done, as well as realistic. it made sense to tell the story that was happening in the silence.

Mia-Hood chapter 1 . 10/20/2004
I love this! And I never did like Freddy neither. Even the first time I watched it I asked my mom "She's not going to end up with that guy, is she?" I think Eliza and Henry are one of the best couples EVER! You should write more MFL fics!
Teacher on Toast chapter 1 . 2/11/2004