Reviews for Shaping Britain
bubbles523 chapter 24 . 12/14/2013
It was refreshing to read a hetalia fic that centred around England and historical events, especially the Dunkirk evacuation, you portrayed that exactly as I imagined it to be! England's relationship with his brothers was interesting to read also, you did them justice!

I live close to Liverpool, and imagining England with a scouse accent was hilarious! That had to be my favourite part! I was also looking forward to reading the olympics chapter, I hope you do finish it someday :)
SilentSicarius chapter 23 . 5/14/2013
I absolutely adore this story! Your writing style is amazing and I appreciate the fact that you take time and effort in writing these chapters. I also love how you interpret your chapters, it makes it so much easier to understand. Thank you so much for writing this story and take all the time you need in writing the chapter on the olympics, I know it will be brilliant. I thought the olympics opening ceremony was incredible! And it's good to see a story where England's siblings aren't completely horrible.
Patiently awaiting your next chaper,
SilentSicarius.
Guest chapter 2 . 4/22/2013
the one time british people aren't awkward? in a pub.
GreenEyedPixie chapter 23 . 2/23/2013
I really loved this chapter, mostly because I'm a member of the st John ambulance cadets in the UK but it was otherwise an awesome chapter, and the entire story is awesome too! Another chapter I loved was the one on British swearing, it just reminds me of my friends favourite thing to say when she's annoyed which is 'Jesus fuck on toast' :P all in all this is such a brill fic and I've loved reading it :)
RaspberryAngel chapter 24 . 2/4/2013
Please do update again soon.
RaspberryAngel
FlyingLemonKitteh chapter 24 . 12/18/2012
Absolute,mcomplete, utter awesome. That's what this is. You, my friend, are an absolute legand and I respect you.
FlyingLemonKitteh chapter 10 . 12/17/2012
That's so freakin adorable OMG I love you so much!
Tazzilicious chapter 23 . 10/9/2012
You didn't update for a long time so I thought you given up and then I checked my alerts and saw you updated. Rejoice! I loved the new chapter. I feel sorry for England, you can feel that he tries to put things right.. in a way. I can't wait for the Olympic. chapter! Keep up the good work
Leo et Lab chapter 24 . 10/8/2012
I love your little stories, they're so well written! I actually have...several... requests:
Guy Fawkes night
the Vikings
Roman Britain
Indian cusine in England (ft. India plz?)
the defeat of the Spanish Armada
Battle of Trafalgar
Yeah, uh... good luck! ;D
MarinaTheJolteonMaster chapter 11 . 8/13/2012
England: "hush little baby don't say a word, papa's gonna buy you a mocking bird"

Me. akafagikabatagagistic. omg iggy IS NOT SINGING THAT SONG.

England: "And if that diamond ring turns brass, Papa's gonna buy you a looking glass"

Me: OH GOD HE IS. *_* And why is it that every time I see the word mocking bird I think mocking jay? damn it Hunger games.
Salmay chapter 24 . 8/12/2012
I am perfectly happy to wait for a good chapter!
cheshiresapprentice chapter 24 . 8/12/2012
I vote for the longer version!
I Am One With Mother Russia chapter 23 . 8/7/2012
I'm from Ireland so I can help you a bit with the accent :) Do you have a specific once in mind? I live in South county Dublin so a Dublin accent might be what it turns out like but I will try to keep it generic. 'Th' is only pronounced as 't' if it's in front of a constanent eg 'three' becomes 'tree' and 'through' becomes 'trough' or an i eg 'thing' 'ting' 'thin' 'tin' 'thick' 'tick' 'Th' becomes a 'd' in front of vowels eg 'them' 'dem' 'that' 'dat' etc. People in Ireland speak in the negative do instead of saying 'Please pass the salt' we say 'Ye wouldn't pass the salt, would ye?' We also also incorporate some Irish words into everyday phrases 'craic' is fun or story eg 'What's the craic?' is 'What's up?. . . I'm trying to think of more things. We have like odd phrases and stuff, I'm not sure you have in Britain (I assume you're from England) such as 'Feck' literally a way to say fuck on the radio and tv but people use it everyday. 'Culchie' it's kind of an insulting word for anyone who lives in the countryside or on a farm. 'Acting the maggot' is just being naughty or bold. We also use 'after' with the present continuous so instead of saying 'He was going to the shop' we'd say that 'he's after going to the shop'. We don't really pronounce 'of', it normally becomes 'a' the same with have 'should 'a' instead of 'should have' In places like Cork all of the words are mushed together so 'My name is...' becomes 'Mnames' I can't think of much more . . . I hope it helps :) On to the proper review. All of your little stories are amazing, this one is just adorable. I normally don't like OCs but I'm rather find of your Scotland, Ireland, Wales and Ulster. I love how you have a separate personification for NI, not many people do when they include Ireland in a story. I was so happy to see this in my inbox this morning like insanely happy. :) I can't wait for your next update. It will no doubt be amazing, combining the opening ceremony and hetalia. :)
Call Me Tom chapter 19 . 7/3/2012
I really liked this chapter, and the rest of your story, though I disagree with you about the 'c' word. The again, I'm from one of the more working class areas of Essex, and my first encounter with the words was two 4 year olds calling a 6 year old me a f-ing 'c'. Maybe you should/could do a one shot about the reality TV Shows about areas, such as The Only Way Is Essex or Made In Chealsea. Or our monuments, such as Southend Pier (the longest pleasure pier in the world) [that has burnt down and had ships crash into it on a alarmingly regular basis])
LilyRosetheDreamer chapter 22 . 6/21/2012
Yeah, that was shoddy on America's part. The world has been leaking so many confidential documents and databases lately that the very words "secret" and "confidential" have lost all meaning. Either way, great chapter, I can just see Britain doing that. XD