Reviews for I Cannot Tell a Lie
lord gray heart chapter 1 . 8/14/2014
Type your review here...
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 6/25/2014
Made me think about my country's history... :'(

I wasnt notice this fic in old time until George mentioned his full name.

This was Great by the way...
TwistedShadows42 chapter 1 . 9/13/2013
wow,,,
anon chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
SO MANY FEELS /DIES
This is sooo cute 3
JoriWinter chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
*cough* What John Hancock and the rest signed was actually the Declaration of Independence, not the Constitution. Might want to fix that.

Cute story, though.
lady Cinnibar chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
Sorry, forgot my login, but... yes, there were I believe seven presidents before Washington, however they were all under the articles of confederation. Washington was the first Constitutional President, what the world recognizes when they think of 'American President'. The presidents of the articles' senate led for one year and were picked by the senate from among the senate. Currently the Vice President holds a similar post with the proper senate. I only know the name of one, John Hanson, as he was a fellow Marylander and the closest we've gotten to that office. Anyway, well written. Thank you for sharing it.
The Awesome March Hare chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
This is a wonderful story. I love it.
NillyNarwhal chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
I really liked your idea with Washington and America and it was wonderfully written.

I also liked how you included actual historical facts (not sure how you'd avoid it when writing a fic like this though).

In a way I was kind of anticipating the end where George died (inevitable!) and I actually shed a couple tears .
Kisuminight chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
We're doing the revolution in history class about now. Isn't and I've always thought the relationship that Hetalia America and George Washington had was interesting. He advised America to avoid European affairs after he stepped down as president. I can just see him holding a gun and threatening England and France to stay away from America!

You did a very good job with this story. I liked America's comments on immortality towards the end!
ForeverHalfa chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
Really awesome! D':
Kitnighty chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
This was great. I don't know how else to describe reading this- it was just great.

Maybe it's just me, but I loved the way it flowed- the opening scenes felt like the lines of a story book, and by the end it felt like a passage of a war novel.

And the idea of Washington ending up a father figure to Alfred is just heartwarming.

Really, this is just so great.
Koi chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
D'aw, the ending made me choke up a little. D:

But it was beautifully written. I love how you portrayed George and America's interaction.
Noxanlux chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
So sweet and sad. I always wished for something like this in the anime or web comic, it would have been so cute. But now that you've written it I'm more than happy with this instead
Bronsted-Lowry Base chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
Awwww I love real historical figures in APH with their nations~!

I'm so happy now
TripOverFlatSurfaces chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
You did a wonderful job writing the interaction between George and America. It was so believable, even down to the unique explanation behind the famously rumored line "I cannot tell a lie." :)