Reviews for Liberation
Shining Friendship chapter 1 . 1/17/2016
Amazing story. It was very well-written and really captured Raven, Charles, and Erik's characters.
blackkitty95 chapter 1 . 4/1/2015
A great piece on Raven's feelings, thoughts and evolution. You handled her relationship with both Charles and Erik very well. The Holocaust and Dorian Gray references were priceless. Kudos.
ClassicMovieLove chapter 1 . 7/21/2014
Great! Also, I love The Picture of Dorian Gray! So it was even more special!
Sorry I don't feel like logging in, otherwise I'd follow and favourite you!
Nefertieh chapter 1 . 6/7/2014
This is phenomenal. The metaphor with Dorian Gray really blew me away. This story is a great exploration of Raven's character, but... was it inappropriate for me to laugh at the "I'm certainly not a homosexual" line? All I could think about was all the fanart that would indicate otherwise.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 1 . 6/1/2014
What a stunning story. I'm so, so impressed by how well you capture all three of them through the years, and how you show Mystique finding out about and reacting to Erik's past (because in First Class, I was never really sure if anyone knew besides Charles). Really wonderful work.
Fairytale Love and Chocolate chapter 1 . 5/14/2014
beautiful
Superster chapter 1 . 1/23/2014
Dang. Daaaaang. This is GOOD. I just love Mystique's relationship with Erik and the whole Brotherhood vs Xmen dynamic. You're a very talented writer. Please keep up the good work!
Anne chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
This is amazing. your style of writing is great and you've captured a complex character so well, I loved seeing her internal struggles and conflicting emotions.
romo chapter 1 . 11/22/2012
Loved it
voodooqueen126 chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
This is incredibly good. Personally if I were a mutant-I would have made Mystique's decision. Atleast in light of Amos Alon's "The Pity of it All". Actually on the basis of that book the portrayal of Eric as a Polish, rather a German Jew, makes a lot of sense...

One small note on whether it is worse to be Mystique or Charles: I would say that people are often worse to their betters, which matches up wikipedia's entry on empathy which says that "Using fMRI, neuroscientist Tania Singer showed that empathy-related neural responses are significantly lower in males when observing an “unfair” person experiencing pain." This basic psychological observation has pretty extensive consequences: For instance the second chapter of Thomas Sowell's "Black Rednecks and White Liberals" discusses the persecution of model minorities: the Ibos in Nigeria, The Chinese in South East Asia, the Lebanese in Sierra Leone, Indians in Burma,the Armenians in the Ottoman empire, and of course Antisemitism. Indeed George Gilder's "The Israel Test" makes the case even more strongly, although Denis Prager disagrees with this thesis atleast in regards to antisemitism.

Your Eric is brilliant btw, your portrayal of Eric's lack of monogamy is coincidentally not dissimilar from my father's friend, whose wartime experiences, whilst not as severe as Erics', where unpleasant to to say the least.

This is the second time I have come across you (we share fandoms it seems) and I note that you are a good writer.
Herdcat chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
this was really awesome - I loved the idea that Raven would have been afraid of what could happen way before Charles - after all he is very optimistic - and the dynamic between her and Eric was awesome - it never really occured to me watching the films that Mystique had not aged but I guess that would put a strain on any relationship
Sepsis chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
God, that was amazing! Ot only thhe way you wrote the characters and their thoughts. I also loved the relationship between Erik and Raven! I was kind of disappointed in that in the movie but you did a geat job here. :) It makes much more sense!

Just like the relationship between Charles and ravebm thatwas briliant! Or the way they changed through the years!

"Since she took Erik's hand that day on the beach, he's never once made her feel anything less than fully accepted and important to him on a professional level as much as on a personal one. And what she feels is the important thing, isn't it?"

I also loved this! I mean thats..well, just amazing! :)
FireBeatsRoses chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
I thought this story was amazing, I really like how you used the whole historical event of the Holocaust and linked it to how Raven/Mystique fears it could possibly happen again just from being 'different' so amazing. You did an amazing job with this fic.
Jacal Ste. Worme chapter 1 . 5/14/2012
this is an excellent piece great job love the dynamic
drakulina chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
Great story, this is the best M/M fanfic I've read so far. Please write more for the pairing! Your insights into them are very interesting and true to the characters and it's simply addictive.