Reviews for Baby, It's Just a State of Mind
niver chapter 6 . 3/9/2012
Enjoying this!
mondsuechtig chapter 6 . 9/3/2011
Another wonderful chapter! :)

But first something I already wanted to mention in my last review: I really love the way you show how they both experience the world through their mutations, like it's an additional sense to them.

What else? Erik sometimes reminds me of a cat playing with a mouse (or in this case: an adorable labrat ;)).

I think the idea, that Erik's attraction to Charles is - at least partly - due to Charles' power, is quite intriguing. I never thought of that, but when you mentionied it here (supposing my interpretation of that scene is right :)) I thought: "Of course!".

Oh and I love the moment when Charles is unsure if he should stay or go and Erik pulls ihm back. So sweet.

I'm really interested how their relationship will continue after that night!
Vinie chapter 6 . 9/1/2011
I'm SO happy about the update! Thank you :)

I don't know how you do this emotional strain and the sexual tension. It's just fascinating. It's like we feel with them!

Plus I really like the way they see each other, and the way Charles is always conscious of Erik. And the sex was hot ! :)
snowspell chapter 6 . 8/31/2011
*murph* That was amazing. The descriptions were a wonderful collage of sight, sound and feeling. It really felt like being inside someone's mind while they are being systematically taken apart by sensation.
MirrorFlower and DarkWind chapter 6 . 8/31/2011
hahah oh wow i loved it
SweetHeaven chapter 5 . 8/28/2011
Dear Kayt, your story gets better and better with every chpater. I've especially enjoyed California, Day 2. The way you describe Charles's feelings and thoughts is just awesome, I can actually feel his insecurity, his excitement... And Erik's seducitive manners are just so sexy. When you wrote "It's hard to cut up a steak seductively, but damned if he doesn't seem to be trying."... Well, I totally picture Erik doing something like that.

Thanks for such an amazing story and for your awesome writing. Hope you update soon!
gabriel42 chapter 5 . 8/13/2011
Oh, wow. Thank you so much! This is everything I could have hoped for, and then some. That first paragraph...

Erik is really wicked. *grins* I'm sure he'll learn to control his tone, if only because he is Erik, and practices everything to perfection (at least that's the kind of obsessive behaviour I would expect from him). Besides, he has Charles to practice with, and if that's not motivation, I don't know what is.

Though being Erik, it's just possible that he's actually more interested in learning to keep secrets from a telepath. I suppose Charles' ability, as you describe it here, could be deceived, if one could deliberately not think about certain matters, or fake emotions or suchlike. That would make matters even more interesting, especially because I'm still not willing to let go of that seed of doubt about Erik's intentions that you planted a while back... What is it about your story that makes me go off on odd tangents and speculate wildly? Well, maybe there's some more inspiration somewhere in here. I hope so. Anyway,back to the reviewing.

Nice touch with the stewardess, and her prospective husband list / passenger headcount :)

Poor Charles, though, reduced to planning their mission (either that or onion casseroles :) to keep his sanity. And the plans do seem sound. I wonder how a run-in with Emma would turn out. But I suppose it's better if they don't meet yet; I imagine it would move things along too quickly, fast-forwarding us closer to the final showdown instead of meeting some more mutants (of the kind that don't try to kill our heroes, I mean). Either way, I'm looking forward to the next chapter!
Marluciel chapter 5 . 8/10/2011
This is a truly lovely story so far. Your writing style is fantastic as is your character portrayals :D I can't wait to read more!
tora.of.the.sand chapter 5 . 8/10/2011
Oh I love this story! It's delightful and, as Charles would say, groovy. You have the characters down to perfection and you are a very talented writer! Please update soon, my dear? I wait quite impatiently for what happens next.

Tora
mondsuechtig chapter 5 . 8/10/2011
I'm sorry I didn't review the last chapter. I read it the night before my vacation. Actually I just wanted to read the first half, because it was already so late at night, but I got so caught, that I just couldn't stop reading. After that I was too tired to write a proper review. But I really, really loved it and am so happy, that now I'm back, there's already the next chapter! :) I really enjoy reading this story. It's funny and sexy and that this "thing" between them is still up in the air (hopefully this expression makes any sense in english ...), that you don't rush things. And the way you write - in lack of another expression - like right out of Charles' head. It's really exciting to see and feel "directly" from his point-of-view.
snowspell chapter 5 . 8/9/2011
Sexiest plane ride ever. I love that Charles isn't extremely effeminate as a lot of authors are making him. Erik is very predatory, even while he is teasing, and that is very like him. I can picture the entire scene down to the businessman with the casserole fetish. I love the stewardess thinking of prospective husbands. That is so classic for the era. Thanks for the great story.
Vinie chapter 5 . 8/9/2011
I'm so happy there is a new chapter. It's fascinating the way Charles and Eric interact, and the game of seduction between them is hot and thrilling. I'm very interested too in the way you see their mutation and how they use it. I hope all will go well in Vegas :)
MirrorFlower and DarkWind chapter 5 . 8/8/2011
oh wow hahah nice
Vinie chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
The relationship between Erik and Charles, and the matter of trust between them is fascinating in your story, and pretty original. I can't wait to see how their relationship will evolve.
danang1970 chapter 3 . 8/6/2011
I'm greatly enjoying this - have had this fic open on my computer all weekend, slowly reading it a few paragraphs at a time anytime I have the chance to sit down. Just beautiful. I really enjoy the characterisation and I can't wait to see where it goes. Thanks for sharing! :)