Reviews for Out of the Blue
spocksghost chapter 33 . 7/27
Oh man I just finished binge-reading this. It's so amazing, I love the characterization and ugh its all just so good :O 3
spocksghost chapter 18 . 7/27
I teared up a little their reunion :') So sweet
spocksghost chapter 10 . 7/27
This is so beautifully written and I love how you've adapted MP to a more modern setting. I'm being totally serious when I say this is one of the most well-written fanfics I've read.
kakcal chapter 33 . 7/16
Yay! Another chapter! Can't wait to see how Flannery handles herself with Nora and the others. LOVE THIS STORY!
TolkienGirl chapter 33 . 7/13
On the edge of my seat, as always. I love Flannery's new confidence and lingering doubts, and I cannot wait to read the next chapter.
Vashti chapter 33 . 7/13
I'm pretty sure I forgot to review the last chapter, which is terrible of me because every time you post, even the in-between chapters, I am absolutely thrilled. I know I've said this before, but you do such excellent work with the text. What I really want (besides a new chapter ;) is for this to be published offline so someone will ask you for the movie rights so we can finally get a decent version of this filmed. No one else seems to have your vision and insight into the characters, even when you diverge from the text to keep it modern.

I'll admit, from the last couple of couple of chapters, that I'm a less than happy that Flannery isn't as genuinely religiously minded as Ned. I'll also admit this is partly because I love the book and want no changes to Fanny. But on a practical level, without faith to rely on and gain direction from, with little to no education, little to no upward & outward mobility, few if any friends other than the cousin (what's Ned to her again?) she sees infrequently and the brother she writes to, no money of her own to speak of, and a downright abusive home life, what is she building on? What's keeping the ultra shy, selective mute from totally giving up? What gives her the strength to hold in between visits from Ned and letters from her brother?

And maybe it's just that I need to read the whole thing again in one sitting to see the hints of inner fortitude that I've forgotten, or, conversely the desperate departure that I've softened in my mind.

On the other hand, I love the family picture you paint with Flannery, Billy, Ned and Susie vs the Mansfields in the parlor. I am WAITING for someone to sick it to Aunt Nora! And I have no idea who I want to do it more. There are upsides to it coming from pretty much everyone. (Is it wrong to cackle with malicious glee? It probably is. Darn.) I'm also really enjoying the moments of understanding between the adults vs Susie's wide eyed wonder
biancaruth chapter 33 . 7/13
Bringing Susie along is a great plot maker. She sees these things as they are but through new eyes. I'm hoping for an apology at least from the Bertrams but I don't expect anything.
Hazelmist chapter 33 . 7/12
I LOVED this chapter and I LOVE this story. I'm so glad you keep updating it because I can't wait to see what happens next. So flannery went back to Mansfield park with billy and Susie?! Omg this is going to be awesome. And I love how Ned now that he knows what happened and has apologized is telling her to speak her mind and not back down and tell Nola to shut up. Loved the moment in the hallway where she remembers everything by the path her feet are taking and the smell of the house but this time Ned knows her and he's with her and she's got Susie and billy and I'm looking forward to the showdown and dying to see how you incorporate/modernize all the drama from the book! Please update soon this is brilliant!
TolkienGirl chapter 32 . 6/13
AWWWW I am having such emotions about this. This story always keeps me so enraptured and Flannery's and Ned's interactions are my favorite part. Well-written as always, and you should be proud of the consistently excellent quality over such a long story! Delightful :)
biancaruth chapter 32 . 6/11
As long as this does''t become a romance go for it girl! Show the Bertram's who's boss!

I love the attention to small details in your writing, scuff marks and water droplets. They set the mood and scene so well. It shows you have real talent!
Hazelmist chapter 32 . 6/9
Awww he APOLOGIZED for knowing but not doing anything about Nola. And then she admitted that if he had done something she might not have ended up as happy as she is today because she was forced to do it on her own and then he thanks god for her and it's so SWEET! I love how he thanks her again at the end and they have these sweet intimate moments between them and they know now that they can't live without each other. And the NEW bracelet with her REAL name and her true personality was such an adorable thoughtful idea. I LOVE these two. Please, please, don't stop there. I'm looking forward to seeing Flannery return to Mansfield and facing the rest of the family and fighting for Ned.
Lucky38 chapter 31 . 5/31
Awesome fracking chapter! It's like a glimpse of what they would be like if they lived together. If. Because I obviously don't KNOW they will ;) I read the last chapter, and then went to the one before that and just basically read it backwards and now I'm in a really good mood so yeah...thanks for the good mood morning!
Vashti chapter 31 . 4/26
I know it's taken me 4 days to review, but I actually read this immediately. Having just received an update from a story I also love but have been terrible about keeping up with, I was wondering when you might update, too, and then there you were.

I love the way you've interwoven your divergent storyline back into the main strand. We get Ned back, we see what happens to Tom, which we miss in Austen's original, and we get deeper emotional impact because of it. Plus, the Bertrams are (further) confronted with themselves and Fanny sooner. You've brought an emotional richness to the original that I, at least, wouldn't say it's lacking but is certainly lost on most people. The juxtaposition between Flannery and her sister's physical closeness vs the Bertram's almost-but-not-quiteness is telling, which I think you only really get when Fanny's brother comes to visit in the original.

All this to say, I love this chapter, like I've loved almost every other chapter. You make my Mansfield Park loving heart glad every time you post. Can't wait to see what comes next.
biancaruth chapter 31 . 4/25
A great chapter. I would prefer to see more appreciation and maybe an apology from Bertram Senior but I don't think that would hold true to his character. I like how you compare missing Ned to that of a deceased pet, you have an excellent way with words.
Hazelmist chapter 31 . 4/22
OMG I LOVE THIS STORY! Ned takes care of her and they just fall into it so naturally and he's not pushing himself on her but they still fit in these new dynamics. And I loved the introduction of Liam and Ned and that comment about him being what Billy will look like in 20 years and DUNKS! And then how patient Ned is with Suzie and how Dr. Betram reacts to Suzie and how they can't express themselves but it comes out in that adorable childhood story that Suzie makes them tell how much they really do care about each other. And the little looks and silent communication between Ned and Flannery are so cute. And I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS. Please update soon! I need to know that Tom's really going to be okay!