Reviews for Out of the Blue
Vashti chapter 30 . 3/5
Oh Suze..you have to ask the heard questions, don't you?

I'm still loving this semi-diversion from the original. You're doing an excellent job of pulling the threads together, particularly for a modem audience with modern sensibilities. As unreal as Mansfield is, you make the while thing believable. I could only wish for longer, more frequent chapters, but isn't that what every reader wants? :-)
Lucky38 chapter 30 . 2/28
I was having the worst day...week. Thanks for ending it on a high note :) I cannot tell if Ned is now in love with her and is trying to hide it because he feels unworthy. And Flannery is just being amazing, I love how much you have made her grow from the beginning. She is able to speak her mind without the anxiety and doubt and what remains is just her kind and smart and funny self. Thank you so much, please keep writing 3
TolkienGirl chapter 30 . 2/27
Thrilled to see a new chapter. With Flannery and Ned interaction! Just beautiful.
biancaruth chapter 30 . 2/26
I'm loving this altered dynamic between Ned and Flannery, less dependance on her side and less condescending on his.
Hazelmist chapter 30 . 2/25
Aw they're back! I was grinning through that whole conversation and the pizza part at the end. And even though they haven't exactly picked up where they left off at least he appreciates her now and she's able to hold her own. It'll be interesting to see how that whole dynamic grows. Oh, God he's still with Mary even though it clearly isn't working. I love how you incorporated the whole morality component of Flannery/Fanny's personality subtly but not so much as Jane Austen did and I love that the story's set in Boston and how Flannery doesn't brush off Susie but tells her she has to show her Mansfield Park in order to explain everything. I can not wait to read more of this! Thank you for updating!
peacock33 chapter 30 . 2/25
Great to see Ned and Flan talking and learning what life has been like for him for the past few years. It's interesting that you have dragged out Ned and Mary's relationship so much, and that he still thinks he is so crazy about her despite how obvious all their problems are and how she doesn't really make him happy. Their relationships sounds so unhealthy, I wonder why he can't just let go. I'm really glad she is no longer in love with Ned, and hope that it takes A LOT for her to get in a relationship with him as he is so invested and obsessed with Mary that I would be really wary of ever starting a relationship with him. I am glad that she has moved forward so much while Ned has basically stayed stagnant and in an unhealthy cycle and hopefully he'll get his life together soon. CAn't wait fore more.
LizzieKarsen chapter 30 . 2/25
Thank the sweet heavens there's a new chapter. Loved it.
Anna31899 chapter 29 . 1/17
Amazing! I just love Flans attitude in this one. She doesn't take any crap from anyone :-)
Hazelmist chapter 29 . 1/11
I don't know where to begin. Tom, poor Tom. I knew that something would happen eventually to him, but I was so hoping that it wouldn't be this bad. And OMG Ned. That exchange between them when he apologizes and says he loves her... He's breaking my heart and already I forgive him for not reaching out to her and dating Mary. I wasn't sure I'd be able to get through this chapter when Flannery walked into MGH and then headed to the ICU but I've got my fingers crossed that you incorporate that part of the book as well and Tom makes it out okay like Gloria predicts he will. Please update soon! This is so sad.
biancaruth chapter 29 . 1/11
Suzie is sweet despite, or maybe because she has no discernible manners, especially on the phone. How did she think Mrs Bertram could be Henry!
TolkienGirl chapter 29 . 1/10
NED IS BACK! So touched by their reunion...once again, it's all brilliant and painful and enjoyable and engaging. The little details are always perfect.
peacock33 chapter 29 . 1/10
Interesting chapter. I wonder what is going on with Ned and Mary? And was it weird for him to say, I love you? I'm glad that Flannery has been able to move on and that she and Ned will start all over together as I think he should have to work for her to want to be with him after everything. But it was great to see her offer support to him in his time of need as a friend and more of an equal. Can't wait for more.
Lucky38 chapter 28 . 1/3
This is an amazing chapter. I especially like that last part where Henry tries to make her feel like in order to change or be a better person she has to romantically accept him. And I love her answer to that. I'm going to actually use that answer in my own life. Her ability to see people's intentions so clearly...it kind of makes her my role model.
TolkienGirl chapter 28 . 12/27/2014
This chapter was beautiful and painful and ahhh, Henry. He's such a wonderfully complex character-as is Flannery. And the way you had this pan out was beautiful. I love the ending lines, too.
Vashti chapter 28 . 12/17/2014
Before I get distracted and forget to review again... Another really well done chapter. I'm enjoying this detour from book-canon that you're taking. It's had its shaky moments (my least favorite chapters are the side-bars of the girls, but I imagine it will hang better when the story is complete and can be read as a whole), but overall it's very fitting for this modern AU. I keep wondering how you're going to bring Ned and Flannery together, all things considered. I do find myself holding in to that future vision of Flannery that you have us early on which also makes reading this non book-canon detour even more enjoyable. Otherwise how do you get from barely literate Fawn to highly successful Flannery.

Eagerly looking forward to more.

Vash