Reviews for Kindred Spirits
Tahol chapter 32 . 6/3/2014
I just want to tell how much I like this story. When I read it, I am Hawke, I can feel him and I can step in his mind and his feelings...and that is rare. Being able to write a character who is easy to identify with is not something every writer can do. It is refreshing to meet this Hawke who is unexperienced, worried and troubled instead of an allmighty hero. I really hope you continue the story at some point. I wouldn't mind if you even jumped over Deep Roads and start a new story from there. Thank you again, and I really hope you keep writing always, you are a good story teller and a talented writer.
rathlora chapter 37 . 3/26/2014
we all want Anders over Stefan anyway, though i do feel sorry for him. mostly i wish we got a little more Fenris time, he's kind of a ghost in this fic and its so interesting to hear him bicker with Anders
Guest chapter 37 . 1/24/2014
when I saw the update I was happy to read this from the start again. great characters great story I'm happy you returned and i look forward to more.
Guest chapter 37 . 1/20/2014
So glad to read your latest updates!
DoomJuma chapter 1 . 1/15/2014
I was never a fan of 1st person pov. am still not, I guess, with this story being the sole exception :). Been following this well over a year now, and so happy to see it's not abandoned :'D
Sasune chapter 35 . 2/15/2013
Took me a while to read this far and have enjoyed reading it. I hope you plan to continue and finish this, hopefully with some Ian/Anders soon :)
Andrew chapter 35 . 11/15/2012
Berelinde, i was so happy when i found this fanfic, the gift you have for writing is truly wonderful, and the way you use the smallest details to create the funniest scenes blows me away,and i can bet i'm not the only one. The first time i played Dragon Age 2 i chose a male mage and Anders was my lover, so reading your story brought back great memories. Please don't leave this fic behind, and try to reduce the guilt that burdens Iain, it's painful to see him always taking the blame...Thank you so much for your efforts, and keep up the good work:).
Eleima chapter 35 . 10/22/2012
Alain's experience came across as a clever foil for Iain's, that was absolutely masterful. I also greatly enjoyed how you captured Iain's conflicted feelings, the mix of guilt, indignation, pain and confusion. Just brilliant! I can't even begin to imagine how hard it must've been to write these last two chapters !
Eleima chapter 34 . 10/20/2012
I'm so glad you came back to this story and posted another chapter! And what a chapter this is. Utterly gutwrenching, I really feel for Iain, and what happened here (trying to avoid spoilers in the reviews, hehe). Like he says, trust is an odd thing, and looks like there won't be any coming back from this for Stefan. You handled this particular incident very well, and kudos for that, that's not an easy feat.
I'm definitely ready to follow this story to wherever you'll lead it (as I have been for a while, but just reiterating it :) ).
Eleima chapter 33 . 7/1/2012
There was nothing wrong with the previous chapters! Definitely not too long, and the "Anderslessness" was necessary to the story (at least, that's how it feels). I'm not always a huge fan of Aveline, but I love what you did in the chapter with her, having her barge in on Iain, and accompanying him to Stefan's, that was very clever! It definitely feels like a turning point in the story, as if Iain has crossed some kind of threshold and is now seeing very clearly the difference between physical and emotional intimacy. Not that he couldn't see it before, but he didn't *feel* it. Can't wait for the next chapter!
Eleima chapter 32 . 7/1/2012
Great chapter! The introduction of Knight-Commander Meredith was masterfully handled, and although I know next to nothing of m/m love, I thought that was really well done! Iain's changing and growing right before our eyes, it's absolutely remarkable. Loving this piece!
(tiny typo in before last paragraph, "goodbye without an "e") )
Penelore chapter 31 . 6/22/2012
New read for me. Quite enjoyable and I'm not a huge fan of DA2 fics. Very likable character development. But honestly Anders is the payoff so I hope it goes all the way.
pouched rat chapter 30 . 6/6/2012
Enjoying thus far. Been reading in bed with my android. Ahh Anders... I'll always love you.
Eleima chapter 30 . 5/27/2012
Another chapter, yay! Hopefully this will get the ball rolling, and there'll be more to come?

I loved how you absolutely nail Leandra in every chapter, and this one is no exception. There's this perfect touch of maternal fussiness to her that Iain finds insufferable, but the reader finds endearing.

The talk between Iain and Anders on the distinction between sex and the "emotional connection with your lover" is also one of those mature themes I've come to enjoy so much in your work. Iain could benefit from Anders' experience and wisdom, but he has that brashness of youth, the curiosity of inexperience which we all had at some point or another, and it's wonderful to watch him and wonder how he'll evolve.
Eleima chapter 29 . 5/17/2012
I'm so glad you decided to come back and pick this up. And no, it hasn't been too long, I'm still very much interested in Iain's path and where it will take him. Real life will take precedence over fanfic, I understand that, especially if you have this marvelous opportunity to earn money off this original fiction. Fingers crossed!

This was a great and very welcome chapter. Highlights were definitely Iain's advice to Fenynriel and Anders' words on the beach. They were very real, very profound words, with a ring of universal truth to them.

Hope you'll find some time to keep going! :)
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »