Reviews for Actually One of the Better Excuses
Guest chapter 2 . 5/22/2014
"Do you have any other ideas?"

Why yes! I have one! She is plowing trough whatever you throw at her, she has pretty much escaped from a cell that is designed to turn mages into muggles and she is not even winded.

Now i know it might sound like a crazy idea but what do you say if we let her GO, then we burn the building faking our deaths in the process and we go to some distant planet and we become a group of indie rock music.

I hope you excuse my sarcasm but i couldnt resit, great fic, great omake.
Duncan0Idaho chapter 1 . 5/22/2014
I think that the criminals picked the Idiot ball here, kidnapping the child of the white devil? the descendant/clone of the Saint Kaiser? are they idiots who dint do the research or dint care to do it?

Oh and i love the Oh crap reactions, you can never have too many of those when going for comedy.
Off-White Devil chapter 2 . 1/31/2012
Hilarious! I'll have to go read your other Vivio x Lutecia stories now too. XD
CeeLes chapter 2 . 7/19/2011

Dezopenguin-san, was really a chapter, I have to say, very funny. At first I worry a bit that maybe Vivio not make it, however, everything went well and finally tragedy did not happen at all. Well, the end really made me funny, because Lutencia became discouraged because Vivio planted and then comes the same to tell everything that had happened as if it were no big deal. until finally arrested for giving shows in public. hehehehe, very good story, even if it was short, I loved.

I hope they continue with these little stories Vicia, because I find very interesting, the theme of the shadow, agents and enemies remind me of nothing so much as spies. Each frame and each case relate to each other and make a great story, but of course that leaves you wanting to read more. Especially those funny and sweet moments between Vivio and Lutencia.

Thank you for sharing these stories here. As always, I'll wait to read what follows and will continue to follow everything you write Dezopenguin-san.

And as always, an advance apology for the errors of grammar, I still can not write well in English.
Blissful Turtle chapter 2 . 7/13/2011
Have I ever told you what a joy it is to read your stories. Other reviews have summed up what I was going to say so...nice work.
deathcurse chapter 2 . 7/12/2011
I must say that I was absolutely ecstatic when I first started reading, a bit confused, but ecstatic when I then slowly realized what the story was about _. When I got to Vivio's line about blood on her face, exactly like how I had jokingly tossed out in my VM to RadiantBeam, I just lost control and decided right then and there that you are my new favourite-friend-named-Dezo D. Awesomeness for making such an epic and entertaining story out of a tossaway joke!

I loved how you balanced the fact that Vivio isn't an expert fighter here, yet she uses her wits and her learnt lessons from past mistakes to really put up a great fight. That was probably more exciting to me than the fights themselves, since we can see that Vivio is clearly drawing from her experiences to help her rather than fighting instinct, which fits nicely with her regular job as a thinker not a fighter.

My heart did skip a beat when Vivio dropped her Barrier Jacket. Just saying. And then epicness ensued.

I also liked how Pacifica felt a little bad when she thought she saw Vivio die; it’s a humanizing detail—not that she felt bad *about* Vivio dying, but that she couldn’t help her instinct to root for the underdog ).

I liked how Lutecia's thoughts didn't immediately jump to "Vivio blew me off", but she did sadly and reasonably go there after calling Vivio herself and checking with Nanoha to make sure that Vivio was okay. Her mental plans about how she was going to try and vent over chocolate and alcohol, and her final conclusion about herself, made me giggle. And Vivio's outburst, followed by the very non-sequitur praising of Lutecia's dress, made me laugh out loud for real upon reading P.

And of course, the ending is cute/sweet/hot D. And proves that Caro's experienced assessment as to the probable response to selected clothing is very accurate _-.

(And now we actually have a picture of Lutecia in that dress! XD Yay for yuiseppe!)

The best part about the omake was the fact that they were doing it all sober P.
GeshronTyler chapter 2 . 7/12/2011
A great romp of a story, Dezo. Damn, it's been a while since I've commented on anything you've written. I have in fact not read what you've posted of your other stories, out of guilt of not having time/energy/perseverance to properly pay homage to your work. _ I've got quite the backlog to go through. I will be reading (and commenting) in the near future, though.
Tear of Light chapter 2 . 7/12/2011
Oh dear god! This was just awesome! This was fantastically written, every bit of it. The fight sequence was marvelous. Lutecia being all nervous at the beginning was precious. And the OMAKE was just rofl!

Well done! :)
Shrodeddrknss13 chapter 2 . 7/12/2011
lols. I especially loved your omake at the end!
RadiantBeam chapter 2 . 7/12/2011
So, does this mean Lutecia's a screamer? *shot*

The ending was pure gold, and the omake fit it perfectly. :D And as always, I liked the small touch and differences in Vivio here; she isn't used to combat the way her friends and family are, so she tends to stumble into some thing that an experienced veteran would have avoided. All in all, though, she managed quite well, though I can only imagine how Nanoha would react if she knew her baby had been kidnapped!

Another thing: I really like your villains in this piece. They're willing to do whatever it takes to stop Vivio, even killing her, and arguably they would have pulled it off if not for the Armor. I also like how they were smart enough to know when to retreat; too often you have bad guys who just don't get the hint and stick around to be caught.

All in all, an excellent story. :) I loved every minute of it.
ZonaRose chapter 2 . 7/12/2011
Lol! That was GREAT!

I look forward to more MGLN stuff from you. Also Mai Hime too.

Until then keep up the really great works.

ZR };-
Shrodeddrknss13 chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
wow! Yay for more luteciaXvivio! I hope you update this soon! Great Work!
deathcurse chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
Another great addition to the Magic Librarian!Vivio stories! (And a reference to the storage closet! _-)

The beginning was just fun—Caro and Lutecia chatting about how Lutecia looks, what's proper for a date, etc; it's always great to see their friendship. Of all the villain’s luck, they grabbed the very worst person for them to bully around!

(In the criminal underworld, you threaten your hostages. In the presence of the Sankt Kaiser (Soviet Russia), hostage threatens you!)

"Getting her to say 'yes' to anything, even a little request like that, helps manipulate the subconscious towards making her more accepting of later demands." She'd put herself through university by selling used cars.” - LOL, I loved this P. Used car salesman joke! "Foot-in-the-door" method indeed _-.

Vivio regarding fighting under the AMF as a training challenge made me laugh. Even here, she’s like a shounen action hero, eh? _

Vivio's interrogation scene had my eyes popping out, and that's when I *truly* realized that **** was going to go down D. And sure enough, Vivio delivers! I doubt it’s a TSAB regulated interrogation technique, but it seems to work well enough for her, LOL.

And oh, looks like trouble…but I’m sure Vivio can handle herself fine. She has a hot date to get to—nothing’s going to keep her from Lutecia in that dress! P
ZonaRose chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
Nicely done I look forward to the next chapter.

ZR };-
MissGardenia chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
You know, it really doesn't speak well to TSAB security if they manage to kidnap backline important support personal off the friggin' capital.