Reviews for The Invitation
Magemaster chapter 1 . 12/21/2013
Nice
caskett09013 chapter 1 . 11/30/2013
For most of the story I was screaming no
chymom chapter 1 . 1/15/2013
Is there more?
Elisabeth-P chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
Wow! That was amazing! )
phnxgrl chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
I loved this one shot! I loved how Kate had chosen the coward way out of not facing Rick with the news of her impending wedding! Instead she allowed a envelope to be slipped under Rick's loft door! I loved how distracted Rick was not being able to write when this bombshell in the form of this wedding invitation came into his life!

I loved how Rick made the decision to tell Kate what was really on his mind! I loved how he made it to Kate's apt with a bouquet of flowers! I loved how Kate answered the door immediately thinking it was Josh! I loved how Rick asked Kate when did he propose? I loved how Rick felt he could have written a far better script than that! Too Funny! I loved how Rick said he would not be able to make the wedding "I could not sit there and watch you pledge to love and cherish another man; a man other than me for the rest of your life. I just couldn't do it." So Sad!

I loved how Kate was taken back by the intensity of his voice and his earnest manner! I loved how Rick had said his piece, He turned to leave! I loved how Kate asked him to wait and confessed to him the reason why she accepted Josh's offer. I loved the last one the best! "Mainly I said yes, because if I'm married to someone else I can stop thinking about what it would like to be with you all the time."

I loved Rick's reaction to Kate's confession!"Kate, I...I don't know what to say except that I love you and I want all those same things you want but with just one difference, I want them with you." I loved how Rick continued, "If you love Josh and you want to marry him then do it. I only want you to be happy. But if you have any doubts, any doubts at all about him being the one for you, please give me a chance. I would do anything to make you happy, to give you what you want."

I loved the kiss on the lips as he left!

I loved how numb Rick was when he returned to the loft! I loved how Kate called later! I loved how Kate said she had ended it with Josh! I loved how she continued that she wanted to see him at the loft later. I loved how Rick paced a path waiting for Kate to appear!

I loved how Kate started saying she was not ready for this kind of commitment with him. I loved how Rick reassured her that was not his intention of rushing to choose babies names and such. "I want to be with you, Kate. I want to see how things go with the two of us, just spending time together and enjoying each other. The rest will work itself out later." I loved Kate's confession!

Thanks for writing such an emotional roller coaster of a story!
Googie chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
Nice story...I enjoyed it. Although I don't thing that she would have went so far as to actually say she would marry Josh, and then sent out invitations. I think she would have quietly freaked, and then run. But I understand it was a plot device to get them to admit things, and the resolution was good; sweet without being overly mushy or dramatic.
thump chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
yes please to the gina and castle re-engagement... i am fully expecting the angst to be flying on that one.
I'm Widget chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
Okay, you had me worried at first, but I definitely like the way this ended. ; )

You might want to take a look a this sentence, though. I think it has a problem: "I'll be there in half an hour." Was her reply and she hung up, leaving cancelled still confused.

Just FYI. lol
DeadPigeon chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
Different.
Mariah94 chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
A reviewer to everything I read: follow me on twitter TMariah94 (I follow back)

This was a great read! I feel like you could have made this it's own multi-chapter story though. The detail was great, the flow, and writing:). Awesome job, and I would read if you started a story about that. It would be a great angst story to see how Kate would react to a Gina/Castle engagement. And how did it get cancelled? Hope you'll consider writing it!