Reviews for The Disappearance of Charlie Swan
livetolaugh chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
An amazing story, I've never read as good of a fanfiction!
Cullenwannabe00 chapter 1 . 9/14/2011
Thank you... So much for this... My great grandmother passed away almost a year ago (It will be a year in October) and the last time I saw her alive... Was in a home... She didn't remember me... And she didn't want to go to church... And she always went to church... She was a devoted Christian... It killed me to see her like that, she was my families rock... I don't think she had dementia... But I understand where this story is coming from... I went to a light house over the summer and cried... She loved light houses, she thought they were beautiful... And I wish she was here so I could tell her how beautiful they truly are in person... She helped raise me and I miss her so much... I'm bawling my eyes out now... Thank you for writing this, I always look for stories that touch my heart... (I'm to lazy to actually log in, but this really is my display name, sorry about your grandmother, message me if you wanna talk)
Sunshine72 chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
Thank you for your story. I used to work in the dementia unit at the vets home. It was the hardest job watching patients fade away while their famlies had to watch. It was also very rewarding to help our heroes out. Now my mom has dementia. I know it is harder on this side of it. I know my mom gets frustrated that she can't remember.
sweetishbubble chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
Oh gheeze - you have me in tears! So beautifully written, yet sad at the same time. I need to find tissues.
Kimmydonn chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
Such a sad story. Very emotional. Loved it before, love it now.
HopeStreet chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
This story is so good because it does reflect a point of view borne out of personal experience. I've been thinking about it for the past hour.

My husband's mother is elderly and we've been through this drill with three of her friends. My mother-in-law doesn't like dealing with those who are afflicted (because I think she knows it could very easily be her given her family history). My husband and I are usually assigned informally by his mother to entertain these guests who are spouses of her friends. We don't mind. I don't take it personally if I'm greeted five times at dinner with questions about who I am and who I am married or related to and what I do for a living. It is easier for my husband and I because we don't have the emotional ties and memories that the family members do. We think of it as being in service, especially since it gives the husbands a chance to really relax with friends for a while. For their devotion, they deserve it and more.

Thank you for writing this story and sharing it.
TheTinyDancer chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
This is so beautifully written, and very moving. Short, but realistic and touching.

I'm so sorry about your grandmother.