Reviews for The Story of Us
Guest chapter 1 . 9/30/2019
Read this for the first time in 2013 when I was 13 and balled my eyes out. And then I read it again when I was 14, 15, 16.. and each time it would hurt all over again because the older I got the deeper I could understand and feel the pain of these characters. I remember the tvs fandom and delena fanfics flourishing in those years (and prior to that as well). Now it’s 2019, I’m 19, and a lot of people I have met have left or moved on to other things (the tvd tumblr community). But this was my very first fanfic I ever read and it blew me away when I first read it, and still does now. Truth be told, in the years that I loved this fic religiously, I wasn’t in a great place, and so I find it hard to sit and read through the entire thing from start to finish now because it easily brings me back to that time in my life. But I still like to come back once in a while to go through my favourite chapters and read the reviews because it makes me so so happy to see than this fic is still receiving the recognition it deserves. The nostalgia of this doc gives me some sort of bittersweet feeling, but for some reason I find solace in knowing that there have been so many people after me that have read this and kept this story alive and heard. The feelings of these characters and the emotions that you expressed and conveyed through your writing played a role in getting through some of the hard times in my life. I get that to some people that probably sounds kind of dumb or weird that a fanfiction could have such a huge impact, but for me it did. I don’t know whether it was the timing of when I stumbled across this and decided to dip my feet into the ff world, or the intensity of emotions that you captured in a way that was so raw and real, but it made me feel less alone. I don’t know if you will ever read this, or if you even come check these reviews so many years later, but if you ever do, I just wanted to say thank you, and I hope you’re doing well. I remember seeing a comment from you along the lines of being hesitant in finishing alas we aspire (which I still to this day really want to know how you planned for it to play out) due to being in not a great place when you were writing it, and so even if I’m disappointed that we won’t be able to read another masterpiece of yours, even more than that I hope that you are happy and are able to find some peace as well from whatever it is that you were/are dealing with. I’m also aware that my grammar is kind of shit in this review lmao but I’m typing on my phone at 2am and I guess I just wanted to get these thoughts off my chest. Nothing but peace and love x
sevendaysever chapter 1 . 9/11/2019
Every time I read this I have a thrill. Every time I'm afraid that they won't end up together xD Silly me It's one of my favorite stories. Really. I'm back time to time, and ... I can't resist to read.
DFreddy3773 chapter 1 . 7/23/2019
Low key this is better than the actual show...
Lina 59 chapter 43 . 4/30/2019
I have no words. It's a brilliant story.
livherself chapter 43 . 4/25/2019
I just want to say thank you, from the bottom of my heart thank you. I read this story last summer and nothing else compares to it. I see some hate comments on here and it makes me upset that people can’t enjoy such a brilliant, emotionally raw story like this that you’ve created. This story is the best book I’ve ever read. You are extremely talented and you probably don’t read these anymore but this is a masterpiece! I don’t know how but somehow I think I am more in love with your Damon and Elena then the shows. Even Steroline is better in your story. All in all this is definitely the best thing I have ever read and thank you so much for sharing it with the world!
Guest chapter 33 . 4/2/2019
God Damon is such an asshole. Yes she hurt him but the way he treats her as if she is worth nothing, it’s tragic. She doesn’t deserve that. She didn’t deserve any of that. I’m almost hoping she ends up with someone else that treats her better. Crazy because I’m a diehard delena shipper...
Guest chapter 1 . 3/17/2019
This is a masterpiece
Guest chapter 43 . 3/7/2019
STOP MAKING ME CRY IN CLASS! OMG I probably look like a crazy person from all these tears. Seriously YOU know how to tug at people’s heartstrings.
A HUGE Fan chapter 43 . 1/9/2019
It was the summer of 2012 when I first discovered this story. It wasn't even done by then. But after the last chapter was uploaded, I have read this story so many times throughout the years I can't even count them. I remember when you had a twitter account and would reply to the readers as well. Wherever you are today I hope you are living an amazing life. I will always thank you for writing this amazing story.
MissDelenaSalvatore chapter 43 . 12/29/2018
I really liked your story. it made my cry and it made my smile. Good writing
Guest chapter 9 . 12/20/2018
Well, she would hurt him.
Gentle Blossom chapter 43 . 8/30/2018
Wow. Just wow. It’s over now! All that heart break, regret, hurt, and angst was worth it for this amanzing ending. Aww, their little girl is so adorable and I love that she had Damon’s eyes. Just so precious. I have a feeling the next one is a boy! Lol this story had Tyler been mesmerizing, in spite of all the moments I was pissed off at both Elena and Damon. But I understand why you wrote it this way. Their love is all consuming as it is self-destructive, which explains all this pain. Anyway, thank you so much for this story. I truly did enjoy reading it and I am sad that I am now done with it. Oh, well. Btw best Delena fanfic ever! Hands down my most favorite one!
Gentle Blossom chapter 32 . 8/27/2018
God, can I just say that I truly hate Damon right now! Ugh, I really want to slap him silly and shaking him. But I know that there’s a pout to all of this. Sigh... any I did not expect them to sleep together him this chapter. I mean wow. What the actual fuck?! I love how you captured them in this moment: their passion and attraction reminds me of the show. Their love and passion for each other is all consuming, all encompassing, electrifying and so profound. And, in my opinion, you mananged to capture that so well. God, it was very hot to read that lemon and then Damon to go and piss me off by proposing! Ugh! I do hope that Andie finds out somehow what he did and just ends the wedding herself so that him and Elena can get back together. Any way, enough ranting. I’m off to read the rest of the story. This will definitely be kept in my favorite list and I will be returning to read it again and again in the near future.
dreamydelena chapter 1 . 8/24/2018
am i going to reread this and put myself through all of that pain again? of course i am!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/19/2018