Reviews for NeedlePoint
aswf chapter 5 . 6/8
What a killer of a last sentence and declaration! It makes me so happy. I suppose we should have expected no less from Eowyn! Faramir's reaction must have been a sight to behold! :)
Artura chapter 5 . 11/18/2014
This is beautiful. Gentle and understated, and all the more powerful for it. You portray their intimacy and Eowyn's questioning of herself very well. She clearly loves him dearly, but she wants to know why. I loved the bit where you had her say that what Faramir offers is freedom.
Gardener Willow chapter 2 . 9/15/2014
No, no, I'm not crying, it's just raining on my face.

This is wonderful.
Willow-41z chapter 2 . 9/15/2014
No, no, I'm not crying, it's just raining on my face.

This is excellent.
Willow-41z chapter 5 . 9/15/2014
I enjoyed this very much and thought you captured Faramir and Éowyn excellently- as noble as Tolkien wrote them, more approachable, but very true.
sian22 chapter 5 . 6/20/2014
Their careful dance of words, their honesty and remembrance fit so well. Thank you for this
sian22 chapter 1 . 6/20/2014
This is absolutely lovely..and so true to Eowyn in a way that is often hard to capture.
Anon chapter 5 . 1/5/2014
:) Beautiful, makes my heart ache.
Anon chapter 4 . 1/5/2014
A friendship is a beautiful thing and keeping it strong through the courtship and honeymoon is difficult.
Anon chapter 3 . 1/5/2014
This leaves me with an impression of a leave-taking, leaving childhood and childhood home behind.
Anon chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
I find your description of her musings very beautiful.
Spirit of dawn chapter 5 . 1/3/2013
Just found you and the story by accident, and now leave a comment...

Interesting take, I have to say.
I have read quite a number of F/E stories, but that one is not quite another that I have read, even though I cannot yet pinpoint why.

Maybe it's the wording, together with the overall buildup. It has a very pure and simple feel to it (this being a compliment!) and somehow feels like an aftershock to all the events in LoTR, where things just take time to go down and settle.

It's a nice image you paint behind the simple admission Eowyn gives to Faramir in LoTR.

I like it :-)

Keep up!
Cheers, Spirit
EarthMama chapter 5 . 11/9/2012
Wheelrider, I read this right after "Other Things" (seems so long ago!) and have been meaning to review. In that time since then, I have read MANY fanfics, and I can tell you with all sincerity that I hold your writing in the highest regard. Your words have such eloquence, the dialogue is poetic, and, as I pointed out in "Other Things," you are a master in creating mood. I will proudly list "NeedlePoint" among my favorites, and I can only hope to be a fraction as good a writer as you (when I finally get around to posting something worthy). Thank you...thank you...thank you for your inspiration. ((((bows)))))
witchfingers chapter 5 . 9/29/2012
beautiful :)
Nimloth9 chapter 5 . 5/24/2012
Beautiful, beautiful story! Loved the last scene where Eowyn finally says those words to Faramir.