Reviews for Swimming Goldfish
Wandering Dawn chapter 1 . 9/24/2011
awah this was so cute :) its nice to see a different personality to rose rather than the overly smart bookish one. i really enjoyeed this :)
renzhie chapter 1 . 7/30/2011
They were sweet, I agreed. I liked the description of swimming and also Lysander. ;) He is really just cute and amazing. You have a thing for going against Lorcan when the girl is going to end up with Lysander , don't you? Molly doesn't go along with Lorcan either. xD /clutches Lorcan to heart

Anyway, sorry for not reviewing sooner. This was cute story, Mad. Good job and keep writing! :)
oh finnick chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
Madeline; how is it you can write any and every pairing including the ones you hate so beautifully?

Like seriously.

I don't know why you doubt your writing, you shouldn't, it's magical.
thelilacfield chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
Ohwait, RoseLysander just officially became my new OTP!

How is it you can write anything and have me shipping it?

'She'd always wanted to be good at something- James had his Quidditch, Molly had her writing, Victoire had her fashion, Dominique had her singing, Louis had his football, Roxanne had her baking, Albus had his heroic side, and Fred had his pranks. The others were too young to really care about talents and the like. But Roseā€¦ she was smart, but so was Molly. She wasn't really unique in anything.'

-Aw, you make me want to huggle her!
U chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
Adorable. You're a good writer so. Keep on.
BlueEyes444 chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME, MADDY?

/dies

I now ship Rosander.

And it's all your fault.

;)

Anyway, this was a really lovely piece. I think it's one of my favorites by you. It was yummy. :D
Julia Claire chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
Mad, I liked this! It was very cute, and I very much enjoyed swimmer!Rose and your whole characterization of her, really. I liked how you wrote Ron and Hermione too, and how she immediately jumped in and was a natural at swimming. I loved your description of her too - the golden curls, and how Lysander called her "Goldfish". The conversation with "water rose" and the "Goldfish with the golden curls" (I'm paraphrasing, sorry) was probably my favorite bit of the whole piece.

I thought the whole idea of swimming was pretty original too - and I liked the idea that wizards and witches can play more than just one sport. (I kept wondering, though, how she practicing out in the pond during the winter? But maybe she wasn't...)

Also, I was impressed because when I got to the end, I was kind of like, "Was this really 12K?" because it didn't feel like it was just going on and on and on. I get bored halfway through some oneshots, but I really didn't feel like that at all in this one.

I really liked your Lysander too (I'm a bit all over the place in this review I guess!) and Lorcan was hilariously awful. I don't think I've ever seen him characterized like that before; he was quite Percy-ish. But I really liked how when Ly and Rose finally got together (I love that part when he kisses her and says, "that's why") how he says that Lorcan does actually care, because they're brothers...

So, yeah, definitely liked this a lot - it probably wasn't my favorite piece of yours ever, but it was veryvery cute, and kudos to you just for writing a RoseLy 12K!

I really hope you get this before you leave, and that you have fun on vacation! I'll miss youuuu. :(
lydiamaartin chapter 1 . 7/7/2011
OHMYGOSH, A ROSELYSANDER FOR MEEEEE! D I think that's the first time anybody's written me a RoseLysander! I've gotten everything from ScorpiusDominique to FredRose, but not a RoseLysander! Thank you!

Anywho, this was, of course, wonderful, not that I expected anything less ;) I just loved the premise of a swimmer!Rose who was really dedicated and stubborn (gee, wonder where she got that from...her poor parents xD). It's such a unique talent, and I liked how she hated Quidditch and felt she had to live up to her brother in terms of that with their father - it was quite sad that Ron wouldn't support her at first, but also realistic, as he is kind of thick-headed in that regard, especially with muggles and their world versus the wizard world P

And Lysander was just super-adorable, how he was so lovely and sweet to Rose even when she was in one of her swimming funks. Their friendship was just so cute and awesome, and I loved how he was such a chatterbox at the beginning! :)

I did spot some technical errors along the way, probably just a matter of your brain automatically correcting certain mistakes and whatnot ;) That's all right, though, 'twas still amyzing! And thank you, again! :D

Wonderful job, and keep writing!
symphonies of you chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
OHMYGOSH MAD~

This was absolutely AMAZING. It was so fluffy and cute, and I really liked the storyline. Loved how you tied in swimming and the adrenaline she felt in the water because this reminds me so much of me. (But I just swim for fun, not competing.)

Anyways. Sorry for my blathering. I absolutely ADORED this piece even though I don't really like RoseLy.

And, of course, I love your versions of Rose and Ly. I love Rose's stubborness and determination even though it cost her a lot in her life.

And Ly, oh Ly :) He was way too cute and sweet.

AMYZHIEING JOB, MAD :D