Reviews for The Last Night
Victoria.Annxx chapter 1 . 6/5/2014
There are some stories you read and see yourselves in them, as the main person instead. This was definitely one of those stories for me. I am Logan but I never had friends like Kendall, Carlos and James. I wish I did, I wish I do now, but I don't. I went through everything on my own. But I'm still here, I think I made it through okay. It's weird seeing your own life written as somebody else's, but this was a great story to read. Thank you. :)
CelestialSonata7 chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
I loved this! You did the song justice! Love that song! :)
hope for eternity chapter 1 . 11/23/2011
Oh, my word.

I LOVED this. No, really. I love the song the Last Night- the title was actually the reason I clicked on this fic, just out of curiosity. But... WHOA. Mind. Blown.

This was just... perfectly written. It brought tears to my eyes, and not only because I can connect to how Logan felt- but because you described it so well.

I've only recently opened up to other people about my problem. Its been nearly ten months since I opened up to someone, and I'm in a much, MUCH better place now. But I struggle, y'know?

But I'm learning that telling other people is better than holding on and driving everything inwards on myself.

This fic... was just... perfect.

Well done! and thank you for posting :)
Pyro Psychotic chapter 1 . 10/7/2011
I've never seen Big Time Rush but I'm glad you took the time to write this! People who are on the edge, myself included sometimes, always need someone to talk to and I'm glad you're willing to listen to them! I hope all goes well for you and may you always be Blessed in all you do! In nomini Patris, et filli et spiritus sancti, Amen.

WADR,

Pyro Psychotic

PS:I'm not really religious. I just like passing along a blessing. If you find someone who is going amazing work, pass it along to them and tell them to pass it too. Hopefully it'll spread!
Fish Stick Friday chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
Haha. I'm not surprised that Carlos would conk out around 10:30 p.m. He's an Energizer bunny, but even Energizer bunnies need their batteries changed once in awhile. Wow! Did I really just say that? :p

Wow! I love how attuned Kendall is to Logan's emotions that he can interpret something as simple as a text message to know that something was off with Logan.

That is weird how Logan cringed when Kendall called him "Logie." I thought his friends calling him that usually cheered him up? In this case, it's having almost the opposite effect.

No! Logan's cutting? Why Logan? Why?

"Once they said that they thought the doctors mixed me and another baby up at the hospital because I couldn't possibly be their son." Okay, that's horrible!

I'm so confused. Are Logan's parents different in this compared to your other storyverses? Because Logan's what, 16 or 17 in this and both of his parents are alive. Plus, his mom is even mean to him, and I thought she and Logan got along fine.

At least your parents have expectations concerning your grades, Logan. I seriously think I could have flunked, and my parents would've continued to be indifferent. I got a 4.28 G.P.A. in high school, not that it mattered to my parents. As, Bs, Cs, it was all the same to them, or so it seemed.

Cargan SIGHTING! SBVLONAOJJWQJ!

"Your parents look at tyou and see themselves. No wonder they don't like what they see." Um...is it just me, or did that come out wrong? Like I know what James was TRYING to say, but to me, it seemed like he just inadvertently dissed Logan. I could be wrong though. Maybe I am. Maybe I'm just ready for bed. Lol.

Yep. I DEFINITELY need to go to bed! When I read, "Do you really want me that much?" I SO took that the wrong way! I was like, "Whoa there, Logan! I had no idea you were so...easy." :p

I liked the ending. The four of them really do have such a great friendship with one another.

Okay, I have a plot bunny in my head, so I might jot it down in my Word program before I get myself to bed. I really shouldn't be reading this kind of stuff before I go to bed. Lol. Oh well. Great job as always, FFW! XOXO
Sastiel chapter 1 . 7/7/2011
Oh my LORD! Amazingness just ensued! This was really fantastic and while I don't really know what it's like to be pushed that way it somehow reached deep down gripped my heart and made me squirt out a few tears. Lordy!

And this whole thing;

"Help," Logan whispered. "Help me. Please." Oh man oh man oh man. So sad! But amazing! Thanks for writing this. XD
Zeoness chapter 1 . 7/7/2011
This. This is heartbreakingly beautiful. I'm nearly in tears.

I know life isn't easy and I know sometimes it's hard to see, but you are a truly talented writer. You are a talented, wonderful individual. You deserve all the praise I know that you get and anyone that says otherwise is jealous of your raw talent.

Keep writing and take care, always.

-Charlotte.
Anguish of My Love chapter 1 . 7/7/2011
Have I ever told you how your stories are the best pick-me-ups I've read? You always make these shitty situations, these horrible instances and always feel them with hope and so so so much loyalty. It's like reading about all these messes and making us hope and lifting us up. Because honestly, that's what you make.

I've always been afraid of reading your stories because I know that I'll have to go through all these torrential messes and so much pain, but you always end them with a light that I really love reading and always anticipate for.

I love how you come up with all these horrible REAL situations and incorporate that light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel because even if I don't actually experience these things, I know other people do and this is like hope for them, y'know?

I'm really emotional right now. I would say I'm PMSing but I'm not actually so...
2 kool 2 spell 'kool' right chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
So...I read this yesterday and left a review, but it never showed up. Idk why.. :(

I love alot of the things you write, but this is by far my fave thing you have ever written!

Its so angsty and I love it!

Its so like well described, too! I can like feel Logans pain!

I flipped over this! It was so great! Awesome job, I really loved this!
WyszLo chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
So first of all, I didn't see this coming, and I actually really loved that. It was quite an experience to read. It was like when I was reading Betrayal. I had no idea what was coming and I was terrified to find out. I reached the point where I would only scroll down one line at a time so that I didn't read anything too soon. I got really into it haha :) I experienced legitimate fear. It was so much fun to read and not know what was going to happen!

I also liked how DIFFERENT it was! Like, Logan, Kendall, Carlos, and James all had their usual dispositions, but Logan's family life was different, and it was set in Minnesota. I appreciated the changes. They kept me on my feet haha.

Another one of the changes that I loved was that the abuse Logan experienced was actually aggressive. Yes, of course Ryan's neglect was horrible and scarred Logan for life (clearly, I just read "I'm Not Who I Was"), but you always drew the line at neglect. In this, Logan's parents were actively emotionally abusive. I liked the change haha. I also loved the fresh bout of FCMD. We got to see Logan reach his breaking point! Of course that excited me :) I always love when you pelt Logie with angst.

I think my favorite thing might be that he gathered everyone in Kendall's room to say goodbye. Even at the brink of suicide, Logan still had to have the four of them together one last time in the place where I'm assuming he feels the most safe. Thank goodness they talked Logan out of it, but the gesture still spoke volumes to me.

I loved loved loved loved how the whole story was just the four boys being together and helping Logan through the darkest place a person can reach. No distractions, just the four. The entire thing was a true testament to the power of their friendship. They saved him with love, and that's a beautiful thing.

I loved the entire experience that was reading this oneshot. It was wonderful.

~Lauren
AbbyMasrai chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
Do you want to know what my theory is? Like 99.9% of the world is messed up in some way. And the majority of those people are messed up because of their families. At least that's what my experience and the experiences of some of my friends seems to convey. It's weird how that works, don't you think? Everyone makes this big hoopla about how family is all you have, and the only people you can really depend on through thick and thin are family members. It such bullcrap sometimes. Ugh...but I can totally relate to Logan. Not the suicidal part or the cutting part...but the feelings I can relate to. If that makes sense. Blah. Sorry, I probably make no sense. But this was a wonderful one-shot and it rings true for so many people. So bravo to you for writing this, I know a lot of your fans (including me) appreciate it. LOVE YOU, LAURA!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
Thank you for writing such an inspirational story like this. I know from experience that some times friends are the only people that care enough to listen and never judge you for who you are. Thank you.
Layla chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
You are such an amazing writer! Everything you write is a thing of beauty and an outpouring of your heart, and I love every word...the way you write makes me feel like you get where I've come from and you've been there too - and now praise Him, we both have God to love us and stay by our sides.

I love that you write these characters as they were created, but add the depth of reality and pain - when I think of them now, I think of your stories. They are so beautiful and full of hope even when they speak of the darknesses inside people. The Last Night is one of my favorite songs and this wonderful story pushed it even higher up the list - THANK YOU!

Oh, and by the way there are no italics except the song lyrics - just so you know...God bless!
Robin-n-Hoodie chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
Oh my gosh. THIS, right here is so perfect and beautiful. That was really deep. LOVED. IT. Your writing is flawless. :D
CheekyBrunette chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
"Listen to me, Logan. Listen to all of us. You are an incredible person. You're smart,..., but most importantly, you're just an incredible person. You're funny and nice and thoughtful and caring and-"

You too, babe. Not just our little Logie on that one...

Okay, when song fics like these come up, I tend to pick a different song and read to it. I know that makes now sense but, especially coming from you, it can get a bit over emotional for me. Does that make sense? So I picked "I Feel Pretty/Unpretty". That mash up by Glee? Yeah, bad choice, I'm a mess.

Um, thank you SO much for writing this. Like, I don't think people thank others for writing enough, and this felt really personal, so... thank you. Also, I'm having a bit of a rough patch, I guess you could say, so this meant a bit more to me then I think anyone ever could have intended it to mean... Like... thank you so much, I'm so grateful for this one, man.

While I have you, you know how Kendall was getting worried in the beginning? Each time you sort of hit me with that whole "Kendall freaked out a bit more" sort of deal, my heart clenched. It amazes me how you can manage to freak me out like that.

Kendall wanted to get his mom... that made me want to get my mom. You honestly have me wanting my mommy, that's so bad. (Good.)

Anyway, thank you for writing, this was amazing.