Reviews for Hope Is The Thing With Feathers
Stupid demon.
chloe200999 chapter 1 . 1/15/2014
Love it very cute
Knives or Pens chapter 1 . 11/7/2013
This is incredible! You have some amazing poetic skills.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/12/2013
This is just beautiful. The internal emotional turmoil is written so beautifully.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/26/2013
i don't now how to review but it is rely good
starchaserxonea chapter 1 . 9/2/2013
Loved this. You're a great writer.
Matrix the Kitty chapter 1 . 8/18/2013
Somehow i imagined Maka as a little white bird for most of this because of her soul being winged and hope having feathers. Actually i dont know why. but i liked this story. so yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay for you and for the people who will read this in the future! XD
Catcatboo1 chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
This is it isn't it? "Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without the words, and never stops at all." -Emily Dickonson lol I remember this poem and read the title and was like 'Yeah I'm reading this.' xD
RoraDracon chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
Nyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...
So CUTE! Very, very, very cute. I'll favorite this story! Great!
65452341 chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
Wow; I noticed this story in your list because I've recently discovered the magnificent talent of Emily Dickenson and fallen in love with her poetry. I decided to read your story, and I am SO glad I did. Let me begin by saying that I'm not familiar with Soul Eater except through AMV's and the occasional wikipedia jaunt. Let me also say that your writing is so excellent that it doesn't matter.

[My inner demon is held at bay for the moment, but it is always here, always with me. A monster of my own creation, inescapable. Tangible only here in this warped room, but never really gone. I can feel it lurking just out of sight, at the very edge of my perception. It is a constant presence, whispering at the back of my heart, tossing delicate threads, weaving insidious webs of insanity in neglected corners of my soul.] -Okay, this is fantastic writing. Excellent vocabulary without being overbearing. The phrasing in here is just fantastic; I particularly love "whispering at the back of my heart" and the extended metaphor comparing insanity to a spider spinning webs is perfect. Bravo!

[conjuring images and shades] - this is probably the only critique I have; this little bit would be more powerful if you simply wrote "conjuring shades". The "images and" is unnecessary and takes away from the power of this passage, though not much, because this entire piece has a powerful flow and a very distinct and well chosen structure. I get the feeling of a descent, a falling or sinking right until the moment when Maka touches him, at which point you can practically feel the entire piece reverse and begin to ascend. This reminds me of one of my favourite sonnets by Shakespeare, "When in disgrace with fortune and men's eyes", which has a very similar movement of thought. Masterful!

I love the expression, "Impossibly white". It conveys a sense of awe and otherworldliness, perhaps even giving us a glimpse of the jaded outlook of the speaker contrasted against Maka's purity and determination. I could be totally off base, but these are the thoughts that come to my mind when I read this.

The imagery in the last 3 little paragraphs is just perfect. You've packed a huge amount of meaning and emotion into only a few words, and again I love your phrasing - ghost caress, augh so fantastic!

Naturally, the last line is the perfect finish in so many ways.

You will be receiving a favourite along with this review, because you have graced me with a magnificent piece of prose. Brilliantly done!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
very deep and feeling like. luv it. it is so deep like u can really feel how his dark feelings affect him. loved it!
Firefly264 chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
Aw, poor Soul :'( So depressed.

Beautiful story!
yaten-loves-taiki chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
this is amazing i love it
blazerules34 chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
This was really adorable!
Nightmaris-san chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
I...dont...know...what to say...so fricken pationet...i love it.

o.o