Reviews for Winter Melody
Mira SeverusSirius Black-Snape chapter 5 . 3/4/2012
so this is after the war and all?
Tcat chapter 4 . 1/22/2012
Wasn't the best chapter, but it was enjoyabal to read. Sorry to hear about your problems with your internet.
Mira SeverusSirius Black-Snape chapter 4 . 1/21/2012
Very nice
KrazyForYourLuv chapter 3 . 1/3/2012
I really enjoy this story. I also enjoy your writing style, it's very elegant and well organized. And Draco seems to be in character so kudos for that!
Toasty Munroe cba to log in chapter 3 . 11/14/2011
"We should get married"

Did Draco Malfoy really just say that? I don't get it, where's Astoria? And Scorpius? Why does he so suddenly want to marry this woman after having not seen her for a few years. I'm not quite sure how well you've thought this through... I mean, it doesn't really tie in with canon.

I read the other story too and I didn't think it connected well with the Harry Potter storyline. I think Draco is far too enthusiastic considering it's the same year that he was trying to help Voldemort. I don't really empathise with Winter either. One minute she hated Draco, and then she loved him. And then she wanted to be with him forever? It's just not realistic. I have no respect for someone who doesn't really stick to their guns.

There's no hamartia for your protagonist to overcome, so I felt no catharsis. I mean, I thought it was marginally funny, but apart from that your story didn't provoke any emotions from me. Sorry. I just didn't really enjoy it as much as people are saying. I think you should learn something by reading, and emotions should really be provoked by a moving piece of literature. I felt that Winter was just there. She wasn't connected to anything at all. No offence but she isn't really well rounded and full of characterisation.

It would have been nice if you had focused on the background of the books (and films). Like the apparition lessons in the Half-Blood Prince, suddenly she could apparate everywhere? I don't recall her ever taking the lessons during Hogwarts. But of course, she had no worries, other than Blaise sating her friend and Draco.

And what about the odd things that happened to other characters? Aragog's death? Draco getting cut into pieces like a Christmas Ham? Crabbe and Goyle taking the Polyjuice Potion? Did you even research anything before you wrote this? I would feel a lot more connected if I knew that your story was taking place at a certain pin-point in time. It just seemed detached from Rowling's Universe.

Anyway, I'm not flaming (not purposefully) but alas a strong, opinionated Slytherin like me can't help but sound aggressive.

Feel free to contact me if you don't agree with what I said, or just generally...

~Toasty x

P.S. I have nothing really to say about the quality of your writing style, I like the way you write. I'm just a little displeased with the basic plot of your story. I think you have more potential, and this doesn't convey your aptitude for writing.

P.S.S. I do have an account, I just couldn't be bothered to sign in, because I am a lazy bum ;)
Tcat chapter 3 . 11/13/2011
Wow, I Just finished reading a Love like Winter and it rocked. I saw you made this sequel and I just had to read it too. However this is odd because I normally only read stories that are complete because I get impatient. I made an exception this one time and so far I am glad I have. You are talented and I hope you up-date soon because I can’t wait to see what happens next.
Mira SeverusSirius Black-Snape chapter 3 . 11/12/2011
nice
kkay chapter 2 . 9/29/2011
wow, great story so far! I'm really looking forward to new updates! you're a REALLY talented writer :) udpate soon please?
amaerielle chapter 2 . 9/2/2011
found your story about Winter and couldn't stop reading.. now I'm regretting finding the sequel because you've left me hanging out for the next update! Love what you've done with the characters!
lilies102 chapter 2 . 8/26/2011
i loved the first story, love like winter! it was very capivating and i hope you hope you update soon!
Anne Finch chapter 2 . 8/18/2011
So far, so good. :-) Impatiently awaiting the next chapter!
Mira SeverusSirius Black-Snape chapter 2 . 8/15/2011
it sould of been Salazar Village. Its much better
J.B. Green chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
I'm sooo excited for this! I can't wait for more 3
Aoi Kazuya chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
haha, I actually only started reading this series a few hours ago, I couldn't stop even with people yelling at me in the background. I can't wait to see where you go with this. I hope you update soon~
scatteredminds chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
I finally had time to check this story out! WHOOP! :D. Naaaaaw. SO CUUUTTTTEEEE. I loved it. :DD. God damn it, I wonder what'll happen now. Geez, this is what you do to me? :P.