Reviews for Sketches of Memory
Rainydaytruth chapter 1 . 7/19/2013
I quite like this! I love the idea of them being goofy with sharpies. It is so fitting for them to remember what they've been through and who they are together. Great job!
Ella Press chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
What a beautiful story! Thanks for sharing it!
Mathiilde3 chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
Amazing, really really splendid! You did very well writing this, it was so sweet!
Aquila1 chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
This is lovely and a completely plausible way to deal with where they left us at the end of the season. Beautiful job sketching out this moment between them. I enjoyed it very much.
Cerulean.Phoenix7 chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
I love this, it's very original and creative :)

I really like the idea of Peter using sharpies to express his view of Olivia to her, using her own body as his canvas, that's really cool. Also, I thought that it was interesting that him drawing on her brought the flashback of her on the other side, I didn't think of that until you mentioned it.

Also, the image of different lives overlapping themselves as Olivia regains more and more of her memories is really cool, when I think of that I see all these layers, and each one that is added is different in some way.

It's somewhat heartbreaking that Peter is left with no past, left to rebuild from the start, but how do you pick up a life that no one remembers? The mention of Walter was beautiful, and I would've loved to have read about Astrid's reaction.

I liked Olivia drawing her own mementos on Peter, and writing the 'you belong with me' phrase on him, I think that's one of the pivotal moments in their relationship and a critical line from Olivia.

I adored the moment when Peter said that the heart should be carved in the tree and mentioning the scandalizing of college kids XD That was funny, and very Peter.

Nice job, I really enjoyed this :)

CP7
angellcakes23 chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
This is so adorable! I'm going to believe that Olivia will have no trouble remembering Peter.
WalterWalternate chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
This story is just superb. Even though I don't suspect you were going for this, or maybe you were, I flashed back to the movie Momento. Permanent marker is not as "permanent" as a tattoo, but it immediately reminded me of that.

I do like that the ultimate Peter return resolution was not a 100% resolution. That there was indeed some sacrifice other than not existing for a period of time. Your description of Olivia's memories shifting and realigning is similar to what I postulate will happen on the show. It's tragic that Walter's memories do not return, but that has to be weighed in as part of his sacrifice of helping right a wrong with the damage to both universes which he was responsible for.

I had to read the story twice to really appreciate it. It was excellent the first time through, but was even better the second time. I also liked Olivia's reciprocation of marking Peter as her own with a reminder that he belongs with her. Excellent work and thanks for sharing.
Star1086 chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
Just lovely. Great characterization and sense of mood. Your explanation of peter's return is well fitted and I hope the show runners are paying attention! Well done!
wikiaddicted723 chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
THIS...THIS. WAS. AWESOME. Seriously, I would be one happy camper if something remotely similar happened. It is bittersweet, and so very them. Peter is so sweet [...] "and Alive" [...}. Loved it, please keep writing!
Elialys chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
I love, love, love this. It's simple and gorgeous and just them, and you made my heart ache in the sweetest way. I love the possible 'season 4' you've written, it's very bittersweet, with everything they lost, but they always find each other in the end. And the concept o them wiring on each others' skin is beautiful to picture.

Perfect story. Thank you :')

*Elialys*