Reviews for Looking for Alaska Alternate Ending
lordlottie01 chapter 1 . 1/19
This is a beautiful story, but I feel somehow as if it... lacks reality. The whole concept of LFA was to learn about sacrifice, grief and love. This Fanfiction only covers the love which is not clearly explained. Also, Jake her boyfriend was a huge piece of the puzzle. Towards the end of the book, Pudge was trying to convince himself that Alaska loved HIM more than Jake. I feel as if Alaska did LOVE Pudge, but not in the 'I need him always way'. I think maybe in another world, another life, Alaska could've loved Pudge the way he ( and maybe she) wanted.

But in my personal opinion, Alaska did love Jake and that was that. When a drunken Alaska maked out with Pudge, I think perhaps it was a reckless decision made without thinking. But 'reckless' doesn't have to mean 'wrong'.

And finally, Alaska's death. The main concept of this book was to explain how perfect choices, a perfect person, a perfect life never make sense and will always lead to inevitable sadness or grief. The horrific passing of Alaska teaches us that nothing ever works out the way we WANT it to. Maybe in that stupid moment, Alaska did kill herself, angry that she missed her mum's death anniversary, angry that she cheated on Jake when she told him how many times she loved him, angry that she'd have to hurt Pudge. Or maybe it was an accident, I don't know, after all the mysterious ending is why I love the book and I'd like it to stay that way.

All in all, beautiful lie to believe, but every person has to face the reality one day, and that's painful. Reality is harsh and blunt and no one can avoid it forever.
Sorry, but it's just what I think. _
Libbylou1201 chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
Great job! That was well written and a cool concept I thoroughly enjoyed it!
Gohan Roxas chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
You know, I was hesitant at first, but you made this work.
Melinda Taylor chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
It is really well written! I think you shoul add more detail to make Alaska's 'coming back to life' scene more shocking.
Layne18 chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
You should continue the story it's a better ending in my option and I'd like to read more of going please.
Winkadink chapter 1 . 10/30/2011