Reviews for Regret
Bookdancer chapter 1 . 3/10
Wow... I'm listening to American Pie at the moment, not the best song for this fic since it's far more upbeat, but I still have tears in my eyes right now. Fantastic job on this one-shot!
tysonkiddnattiefan chapter 1 . 11/3/2013
cool
Bren Gail chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
This was heartbreaking and brought tears to my eyes. I about lost it at the end when Danny hugged Jamie. Wonderfully written story.
fozrulz chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
Wow - that was good.
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
This story brought tears to my eyes when Jamie broke down and Danny threw his arms around Jamie to comfort him. What an awesome moment.
muzical chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
That is so beautiful! I love the way you wrote both Danny & Jamie! Lovely!
wandamarie chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
WOW IT WAS A GOOD ONE THANKS KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
Iawen Londea chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
This is wonderful. The grief everyone has here for Joe is very raw. This is very well written. I always enjoy reading stuff between the brothers. :)
Sirnonenath chapter 1 . 7/14/2011
Beautiful. I love your exploration of the complicated dynamics between Jamie and Danny. I hope you write more for this show!
Dragon23 chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
Amazing story
lae10 chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
great job! I love it! )
JCassie241 chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
THIS. Oh my gosh, this story. I hardly even know where to start. You may not love Jamie, but I certainly couldn't tell that from the beautiful job you did of portraying him, and particularly the relationship between him and Danny.

For starters - since I began watching this show (and granted, I didn't start until the season was almost over, so I had no idea what I was missing until a friend strong-armed me into watching "To Tell the Truth"), I've always wondered about the factors that brought Danny and Jamie to where they are. Danny had the military, and significant tour of service on the warfront that obviously affected him deeply, and that was before he worked his way to a very respected, if hair-trigger, detective. Jamie, meanwhile, obviously had a bit of "golden child" syndrome going on with his intelligence, and yet dropped everything upon the death of his brother to become a police officer. What fantastic stories must have unraveled before the pilot ever started, to get them where they are? I'm so delighted that you've chosen to explore some of that, because it's been aching for a good storyteller to take it on.

I love that you chose to explore the animosity that no doubt existed between two brothers who were so different, and yet so similar. Danny's resentment of Jamie is so easy to understand, and Jamie's honest reactions are beautifully done. I really wish the show had given us some flashbacks in the first season to when Joe was alive so we would have more to measure him by, but your take on him here is flawless. I also appreciate the way you brought Jamie and Danny back to the argument that no doubt cemented their frustration with each other. It was a great touch.

And the way you chose to end this - are you trying to kill me? I love that Danny settled back into his familiar role of holding the family together, maybe even without realizing it, when he saw Jamie at the cemetery, and I love that he was suddenly filling Joe's role as the protector and peacemaker. I love that Jamie felt safe enough to shed his tears, over the loss of one brother and maybe, just maybe, the gain of another. I love that Frank let him do it while tending to tears of his own.

This story made my day. Possibly week. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

Now... you need to write a sequel, and I'm not just saying that. :) For me, the next part of this story is Jamie's decision to abandon his law career for that of law enforcement, and how Danny responds to that. I've always wondered how that went down and how his family reacted, and you've left this in the perfect place to tackle that. What was the tipping point for Jamie's decision... honor? Loyalty? Family responsibility? Revenge? And how would Danny react... with the need to protect him, or guilt, or anger? Would the pride that Frank, Erin and Henry feel be mixed with trepidation? I just have to know, and unfortunately for you, you're really the only one who can write that story. Would you, please please please?

Awesome job, and I can't wait to see more from you!

Danny making the decision to step into the brotherly role for Jamie, and I love that he settled back into his familiar
Guest chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
amazing story...the end brought tears to my eyes.
Cfhonan chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
Fantastic story. The Jamie and Danny dynamic is so interesting.
thefirstavenger chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
this was so well written. loved it! bravo!