Reviews for Cut Brilliance
Bushwah chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
Maybe the heart attack was just a heart attack...?
Gitana del Sol chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
i came across this story because Cowgrl94 has Inklings listed in her "communities" tab.

this was very good! i don't recognize the fandom at all but decided to give it a try. the only changes i would make are punctuational, just to enhance the effect. for example, when you break to emphasize Near with awe, instead of having it "but Near, Near..." i think it would have more effect to have it "but Near - Near - ..." hyphens provide more of a break which i think is what you do when you repeat little phrases ("Near", "he knows") to add emphasis.

that's the only critique i have. i really liked the tone and overall message of this
Mlle Shiow Jen chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
There was some grammar problems to this but I really liked the sense of rhythm this had.
LupineSerpent chapter 1 . 7/7/2011
Dying of a heart attack? The sheer, perfect irony.

And isn't there that quote out there- "to err is to be human", or something like that?

From your perspective, then, Near and L are like Spock and Kirk?
WhiteLadyDragon chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
My guess is that it was deep-vein thrombosis. Because circulation from lower extremities must fight against gravity, it depends a lot on skeletal muscle activity, so it tends to happen to people who live sedentary lifestyles (and those who take long plane trips without moving the legs around). The danger is that the clot can detach, become an embolus, and travel through the bloodstream until it lodges in a dangerous place, like an artery in the brain, lungs, or heart.

The clot must've reached Near's heart.

Near, you may have been L perfected, but at least L stayed active. You're okay in a certain sense, but I'll always prefer the original. Probably because of all of the flaws he had that you don't.

For an old drabble, Demmie, I gotta say that this was pretty good! You spelled "Brilliance" wrong, though. Was that intentional?
Night's Fire chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
I enjoyed the beginning. Got me interested immediately but the end left something to be desired. To ambiguous, but not in a good way. I liked it though
DecepticonDefenestrater chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
Maybe you were going for something ironic because Near thinks and believes he is perfect but there was really something wrong with his heart (both literally and figuratively) that caused him to die of a heart attack.

Or you could go with something more boring and simple like a new Kira appearing. I like the first one better though. lol.