Reviews for Opening the Door: A Swording Story
kehwie chapter 2 . 10/21/2013
Ohhhhh... This made me a bit teary. So lovely. And so very Rory.
Munz chapter 2 . 10/23/2012
I love it! Rory is so awesome here.
photo100 chapter 2 . 8/8/2012
Brilliant - yet again
OXBastetXO chapter 2 . 2/12/2012
Oh, so very good. Really enjoyed reading this. I've often wondered about all those Romany things in Rory's brain. :-) Great job!
Deadzepplin chapter 2 . 2/7/2012
Rory is awesome!
goldenspringtime chapter 2 . 12/7/2011
Awesome Rory knowledge of fighting but still being Rory and the fact that he changed an entire planet. Awesome.
WishICouldWriteWell chapter 2 . 9/3/2011
Very good! I love the mix of angst and sweetness and your descriptions are great.
Laughy-Taffy the Grape chapter 2 . 7/22/2011
Love Rory;)
TheGreatSporkWielder chapter 2 . 7/22/2011
So, I always forget to review your fics on FFN, since I squee over them through email. But since this is MY VERY OWN FIC, I'll squee here, too. I LOVE THIS. It's EXACTLY what I wanted from a "Rory is badass and awesome and saves the day" fic. Thank you so very very much for writing this for me.
louzeyre chapter 2 . 7/12/2011
I was so excited when I saw that you had added another chapter. I never really can have enough Rory with a sword so I was hoping for a bit more fighting, but it was still interesting and I really enjoyed the ending. I had never really contemplate before what it must have been like for someone like Rory, whose life is dedicated to making people better, to suddenly have to be a soldier who killed even if it was to protect the woman he loved.
quiller chapter 2 . 7/11/2011
You are one of the few people who can tempt me away from the TB section on ffnet - but your stories are always good. (I haven't seen any of the latest series yet but can just imagine Rory like this). And you write the new Doctor's speech patterns just right!

(But can we tempt you back to TB land? Pretty please?)

Pen
AdidasandPie chapter 2 . 7/8/2011
How could this ever disappoint? It was marvelous. Again, loving the Rory-memories-effect-on-his-character thing, the dynamic between your Rory and Amy, everyone's voice, the solution, the end, the middle, the beginning.

When Rory just drops the sword, and the whole bit after that: YES. I could picture it all happening. Very believable.

Also, that mention of lava snakes- is that a reference to one of the weeping angels episodes where they mention hunting lava snakes, or am I missing something?

Great work!
lime juize chapter 2 . 7/8/2011
This was excellent. It showed that one man's actions can make something as vast as a whole race change. It also Rory be a little more accepting of his other side. I just loved this story. *favorites it*
mmgage chapter 2 . 7/8/2011
This chapter certainly does not disappoint! Poor Rory - a bit of a shock, coming back to himself after all that. Of course the Doctor knew what to do, thank goodness. Those two make an amazing team (what struck me most during the scene on the Cybermen ship in A Good Man Goes to War - after I got done drooling a bit over Rory - was the absolute TRUST required on both their parts to pull of the delivery of the Doctor's message & Rory's question). And I'm very glad to learn that this encounter with Rory changed the blue people into peaceful folk. I think the Doctor, Rory, and Amy are going to need to be doing a lot of that when the current series resumes.
Aerophin chapter 1 . 7/7/2011
That was amazing! I hope you write more!