Reviews for A Matter of Trust
ArtofthePlate chapter 1 . 11/6
You handled this well. With all the parallels these two families have, interactions between them where characteristics are compared and contrasted are always interesting, but portraying it through character interaction is so much more engaging than just reading an analysis. Very nice.
InsanityIsClarity chapter 1 . 4/16
This great.
BlatantBookworm chapter 1 . 3/16
This is really good. I love the characterisations and you did everything perfectly. Great writing.
hi chapter 1 . 12/11/2014
omigosh i love Hakoda and Zuko father/son relationship!

Poor Zuko, "drenched in sweat!" Wouldn't Toph had woken up sooner if his heart was going a "mile a minute," though?
babyvfan chapter 1 . 8/30/2014
I wish to God I could slip into the show and give Zuko one big hug. He deserves it. He went through things no person should have to dog through, and all done by his father
MarvelousWonders chapter 1 . 7/19/2014
God, I love Hakoda-Zuko interaction.
That boy just needs a ton of hugs and understanding and Hakoda is the perfect person for that.
Beautiful fic, everything fit together
Kat8615 chapter 1 . 7/17/2014
This is the best fanfic I've read in a while. Wish I'd found it sooner. Wow. KUDOS!
Guest313 chapter 1 . 6/16/2014
AHHHHH! This was brilliantly written! absolutely fantastic! Just...AHHH! *dies*
CherishRedemption chapter 1 . 5/24/2014
So good!
RakshaDaemon chapter 1 . 5/4/2014
Nice exploration of the characters. I love papabear Hakoda, he is such a powerful father figure. Zuko being weary of him makes a lot of sense considering what he has been taught about fathers through experience.
IGdude117 chapter 1 . 4/4/2014
A superb story. The characters were, well, in character the entire time, and this seems like an entirely plausible event; it seems like it could have happened in between the episodes we've seen. You gave Hakoda a life of his own; In my opinion we see only glimpses of who Hakoda is during the show itself, and you expanded on that well.

One note: Although you did put in a very compelling back story for Zuko's sword mastery, I believe it was actually Piandao (Sokka's sword master) who taught Zuko swordfighting pre-scar. Sorry, I'm a stickler for that sort of thing.

But yeah, great job! One of my favorite Last Airbender fanfics.
FountainQuill chapter 1 . 2/11/2014
I cannot tell you how happy it makes me to find a Zuko/Hakoda fic. And you wrote it so well. Oh my goodness. This is brilliant. I loved how you built their relationship and put in the little things from when Hakoda was younger. You portray everyone very accurately and constructed an altogether wonderful piece.

fanficfan chapter 1 . 1/4/2014
this is my favorite scar explanation story! Also I love the Hakoda Zuko interaction.
Waywardneko chapter 1 . 1/4/2014
This is good. :3
Isil'zha BLZ chapter 1 . 12/23/2013
Great story. I loved seeing the dynamic between Zuko and Hakoda, and I really liked how you drew parallels between Zuko's family and Hakoda's family, and illustrated how they are similar, and how they are different. One of my favorite ATLA stories.
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »