Reviews for The Merman
lala43 chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
I'm obviously not using the FF features right, because how I missed this one is beyond me. I found it as a favorite of a favorite of a favorite. With all sincerity, you are truly one of the best writers out there. I don't know what you do in your RL, but you are magnificent here.

Thank you.
stoker fangirl chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
You may suck at reading contest rules (your words, not mine!), but you don't suck at telling good stories. This was sweet and summery and just right. Thanks for writing.
CeaselessEnd chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
What a perfect summer story! Thanks for sharing! Definitely makes me want to head to the pool to seek out some manmeatpretty. It would be all 'looky no touchy,' but I think that would satisfy nearly as well. LOL!

Take care and stay cool! Great story!
L-Anne Cullen chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
Absofuckinglutely LOVED IT!

Maybe write a short chapter story outta this?

Pweeeaaase? lol

Loved it!
heygirl18 chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
Thank you Alice for meddling at the end :)

Loved the OS - you really are making me wish it was summer (it sucks to be living on the other side of the world sometimes)!

I wish Edward was the lifeguard at my local pool ... I'd teach him a trick (or two!) ;)

Thanks for writing and sharing xx
hmmtwin chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
Loved this story, thanks!
shinzonx chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
This was a fantastically hot summer read. Cheers :)
alc219 chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
Looooooove this fic! xx
Misspanda83 chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
Gah! This was super summery fun! ;)
PeepToe chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
wow, this was so fun. I love how Bella tries to be all tough and hard emotionally and then she can't shake it afterwards. I really relate to the older girl watching the young hottie lifeguards this summer. thanks for this great snapshot. wonderful writing and characterizations.
eternallyedward chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
Loved this-so glad they decided to give it another try.I'd love to see this continued-even just a futuretake showing how their relationship progresses.
bklover08 chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
ummm, yummy and I love how you ended it! I also loved the girl chat over the subject of the sexy lifeguard...funny but so accurate, as women are really so crude about sex and sexy guys! I really enjoyed this, so thanks for a hot summer o/s~! ;)
ThoroughlyConsumed chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
Love this.

This fic was great because it was simple in the best possible way. No dramatics, no pretenses. Although sometimes drama is fun, you really made this seem realistic. No one was perfect, but they were honest, so it just made the whole fic more likeable.

Great job, and super cute.

Can't wait to read more of your work! :)
jupiter2005 chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
lol thats funny. well at least they are giving it a shot even after 2 years of not seeing each other. but it sucks that she is 5 or 6 years his senior. but they are a cute couple. keep up the good writing.
kitty j chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
Dear Angel Rocks,

How very reverse Nabokovian of you to write Swimward and Pedella this way. And how entertaining to the rest of us. Please, please, please tell me there will be more. This is way to rich a mine not to dig deeper. It looks like I'm not the only one that thinks so. As I write this there are already 228 reviews for this one chapter and it's only been out 11 days. Not bad dear, not bad at all.

kitty j