Reviews for Castlevania: Nocturne of Ruin
Queen Yu-na Kim chapter 25 . 5/29
Well, I know this fanfic has been around for a few years but I thought I had to say something, and I have to say I loved it. Thank you for writing a superb fanfic and about some of my favorite Castlevania characters.
CrypticAngel78 chapter 25 . 4/16
So, I know this story has been around for a few years now, but I just NEED to review! Hopefully it isn't too weird that I'm reviewing at this point? If so, then... I guess I'm just strange that way.

In my opinion, this is one of the absolute best Castlevania fanfics that I've managed to stumble upon so far. I mean, it's simply excellent! You portrayed the characters perfectly, came up with an interesting plotline, don't seem to have any grammatical errors. God bless you for that! I just can't stand grammatical errors. A few are okay, I guess, but they still bother me. So I very much appreciate the fact that you quite clearly put a great deal of effort into this story.

I like that this story was centered around Portrait of Ruin. There's hardly any fanfics about it here and that's depressing, seeing as how it's my favorite Castlevania game at the moment. I also must add that I adore that you had Johnathan and Charlotte end up together in the story. It's quite apparent that Charlotte likes him, at least as it's shown in the bad ending. So I think it's nice you added that in (*cough*if only because I ship them*cough*). It's also been nice to read about all the other characters as well.

Anyway, I think that's all I can say (actually, no, I could say much more about this story but I don't want my review to be too long). Besides the fact I enjoyed reading this fic very, very much and I think you did splendid work on it. There's so few Castlevania stories on the site that are this good that have actually been completed. 'Tis incredibly saddening really.

Also, on one final note; I just have to say that I'm truly quite fond of how you portrayed Death in your story. I think you captured his personality perfectly. There aren't many fanfics featuring him and that is also another thing that makes me rather disappointed, seeing as how I've always found Death to be an intriguing individual. So him being a part of this story made reading it all the more enjoyable. I literally have to hunt for a story that has him make even a brief appearance and it makes me feel both sad and frustrated. He's rather underrated when it comes down to him being added into fanfics.

Thanks for writing this story and sharing it with all of us! I'm very happy to have discovered this story and I wish you the best of luck on any future stories you may write! :)
BoredMan chapter 25 . 1/18
Don't you hate it when you find a story you love and would like to comment on, but it's been around for years? Just me? Okay.

A good story from beginning to end, so I am glad I got through it. Scarlet...she didn't steal souls, she stole the show, and I applaud her for it.
AngelicDefier chapter 2 . 7/14/2013
Hey again, first I would like to apologize for that rather rude remark of mine in my first comment, I think I was being stupidly stereotypical in my thinking that guys can't write a good romance story (but come to think of it, most great writers in history are males and i'm not about to start a war here.) and you have proven me wrong by writing such a spectacular story. In my review I'll try not to be the kind of obnoxious person who tries to tell you how your story or characters should have been like. I just despise that kind of person.

Chapter 1: It was a good beginning to the story, you introduced and described the characters in an easy to understand way, even people who aren't familiar with the series can easily pick up on it and follow up. I agree with you, Ithaca is the perfect place for them to live in. Despite what some say, I find that the crew's reaction to having a visitor at mid-night pretty normal, after all as a vampire hunter you can never be too carefull. What else do I have to say? Oh yeah, about that new power Camilla gets, that's pretty dangerous and it might play a role in the plot. (Answers: Mariabella is Maria Renard from SotN and that man is Alucard, also from from SotN)
Satanic Park Of Madness chapter 25 . 6/26/2013
I had been secretly following this story of yours for a long while and I had previously thought that it would not ever be completed. Lord Destroyer could have been much more respectful in addressing his/her concerns over the status of your story. I have often seem many of a great fan fiction go inconclusive. I am very pleased to see that it was not the case here.

Anyways I am super pleased to see whatever it was that compelled you to see this story to its end was worth it.

I enjoyed myself being captivated by the different protagonists from the Castlevania games working together to stop Camilla and Alastor.

Seeing excellent Johnathan/Charlotte fanfics are a rarity around these parts hence why I do not come here often.

Never before have I ever read a Castlevania story where Dracula does batter against his predecessor Walter and temporarily team up with his son and the rest of the gang to defeat a greater evil.

The romantic courtship going on between Charlotte and Johnathan helped eased the serious tone of the tone and eased things a bit.

The fight scenes in general were handled very well from someone who knows not only how to describe them well but make them engaging. You have a way with the Castlevania lore.

I loved in the extra content the slight jab at Lords Of Shadow.

I am not a fan of the reboot since it was inspired by my least favorite hack and slash series God Of War along with not really doing anything better than the previous Castlevania games.

I giggled at the increased sexual innuendos in the extra content. I fully agree with Scarlet. Charlotte should be flattered that her good looks can attract the attentions of a succubus whom are known to be very picky and selective.

Stand up for yourself Johnathan. Don't let her bully you like that.

I don't know how to react to Maria Renard reviving herself in another woman's body just to be with Alcuard once more. I guess it is true that you can cheat death to a degree.

Congratulations. I really hope to see more of your work in the future whatever it may entail.
Fireminer chapter 25 . 6/9/2013
It has been one heck of a ride! It's such a shame to see a great story like this received too little attention. But just let you to know that there is still a loyal follower. Finally, could you please made a fic about the 1999 war with Dracula?
AngelicDefier chapter 1 . 6/6/2013
Before I say anything, You're a guy! *she gasps* Wow I didn't see that coming. Honestly I thought you were a girl until I read that little line in your story in which you say something about hiding behind the boxes while rotten vegetables are hurled at you. Please don't get me wrong, it's a good thing.
Anyway, I was intending on posting a full review about your story, but it was not done yet by the time I started reading it *four months ago* , so I decided to wait, and now that it's completed *Yay finally* I can continue. I just made it to Chapter 19, and like you said, it's really enjoyable and full of events.
Finally, I would like to thank you for writing such an amazing story *Truly, one of the best things I've ever read* I really enjoyed it and I appreciate that you were able to finish it despite having troubles with your dad. See you in the next review *It's a huge one so get ready for it* THANKS.
utdfan22 chapter 25 . 5/24/2013
Hey, I wanted to wait for the story to finish before leaving a review, just to make sure the next chapter didn't end up making it look like I was talking out of my ass.

I really enjoyed the story. Even if at times it seemed you were just throwing things (enemy types, return of Leon etc.) at us, it never felt slow or boring. It all seemed more or less plausible and ultimately was enjoyable in even its strangest moments.

Character-wise, I have no real complaints. Charlotte's short temper sometimes leading to bad decisions she should have seen coming and Johnathan seeming to just not think at times rather than being outright stupid helped to flesh the characters out a bit without going out of character.

Overall, I'd recommend it as a fun little side story to anyone not taking Castlevania too seriously.
a reader chapter 8 . 5/23/2013
hey there! i'm kinda new around. And I don't really know how to post comments so i'll use this little feature here.
um, i'm also a fan of kingdom hearts and castlevania and the final fantasy series despite that I did not play all the games in these 3 series. so my guess is that the title comes from rondo of blood...
Guest chapter 24 . 5/22/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
MaidenofAlchemy chapter 25 . 5/22/2013
Well, this is an interesting end. Granted, not a fairytale ending, but I'm happy to see some closure. Even though you left many unanswered questions. XD Overall, I enjoyed this story. Good luck with future works.
Lili chapter 24 . 5/11/2013
Actually, I can see why the Lord Destroyer is wrong. You used successor because you were referring to Maria Fox, not Maria Renard who's currently controlling the body. This was not a mistake, though many who see it as such because they would miss-read the context. I hope you update soon, cause I am dying to see the ending.
Jim chapter 24 . 4/29/2013
What had happened in the end? Will there be another chapter to this?
Lord Destroyer chapter 24 . 4/20/2013
About the final line in this chapter, I believe the word is predecessor, not successor. I've seen many fics with this same mistake. Better look it up in a dictionary, an actual hard copy one, if you can. It's should be obvious, 'pre' in predecessor, I believe, means before. It's evident in words like pre-date, prequel, pre-school, and so on.

Again, I'm trying to be helpful, especially since many other authors make the same, or worse mistakes.
AFrailDreamer chapter 24 . 4/15/2013
Man I was really, really happy to see the chapter update, however I'm really DREADING the wait time for the next chapter. I've been following this story since chapter 1 and its been very interesting however over the course of about 20 months now uploads between chapters have been getting quite long :( please don't make me and others wait 3 months for a chapter. Chapter quality has been great as it's pretty much always been.