Reviews for Castlevania: Nocturne of Ruin
AngelicDefier chapter 2 . 7/14/2013
Hey again, first I would like to apologize for that rather rude remark of mine in my first comment, I think I was being stupidly stereotypical in my thinking that guys can't write a good romance story (but come to think of it, most great writers in history are males and i'm not about to start a war here.) and you have proven me wrong by writing such a spectacular story. In my review I'll try not to be the kind of obnoxious person who tries to tell you how your story or characters should have been like. I just despise that kind of person.

Chapter 1: It was a good beginning to the story, you introduced and described the characters in an easy to understand way, even people who aren't familiar with the series can easily pick up on it and follow up. I agree with you, Ithaca is the perfect place for them to live in. Despite what some say, I find that the crew's reaction to having a visitor at mid-night pretty normal, after all as a vampire hunter you can never be too carefull. What else do I have to say? Oh yeah, about that new power Camilla gets, that's pretty dangerous and it might play a role in the plot. (Answers: Mariabella is Maria Renard from SotN and that man is Alucard, also from from SotN)
Satanic Park Of Madness chapter 25 . 6/26/2013
I had been secretly following this story of yours for a long while and I had previously thought that it would not ever be completed. Lord Destroyer could have been much more respectful in addressing his/her concerns over the status of your story. I have often seem many of a great fan fiction go inconclusive. I am very pleased to see that it was not the case here.

Anyways I am super pleased to see whatever it was that compelled you to see this story to its end was worth it.

I enjoyed myself being captivated by the different protagonists from the Castlevania games working together to stop Camilla and Alastor.

Seeing excellent Johnathan/Charlotte fanfics are a rarity around these parts hence why I do not come here often.

Never before have I ever read a Castlevania story where Dracula does batter against his predecessor Walter and temporarily team up with his son and the rest of the gang to defeat a greater evil.

The romantic courtship going on between Charlotte and Johnathan helped eased the serious tone of the tone and eased things a bit.

The fight scenes in general were handled very well from someone who knows not only how to describe them well but make them engaging. You have a way with the Castlevania lore.

I loved in the extra content the slight jab at Lords Of Shadow.

I am not a fan of the reboot since it was inspired by my least favorite hack and slash series God Of War along with not really doing anything better than the previous Castlevania games.

I giggled at the increased sexual innuendos in the extra content. I fully agree with Scarlet. Charlotte should be flattered that her good looks can attract the attentions of a succubus whom are known to be very picky and selective.

Stand up for yourself Johnathan. Don't let her bully you like that.

I don't know how to react to Maria Renard reviving herself in another woman's body just to be with Alcuard once more. I guess it is true that you can cheat death to a degree.

Congratulations. I really hope to see more of your work in the future whatever it may entail.
Fireminer chapter 25 . 6/9/2013
It has been one heck of a ride! It's such a shame to see a great story like this received too little attention. But just let you to know that there is still a loyal follower. Finally, could you please made a fic about the 1999 war with Dracula?
AngelicDefier chapter 1 . 6/6/2013
Before I say anything, You're a guy! *she gasps* Wow I didn't see that coming. Honestly I thought you were a girl until I read that little line in your story in which you say something about hiding behind the boxes while rotten vegetables are hurled at you. Please don't get me wrong, it's a good thing.
Anyway, I was intending on posting a full review about your story, but it was not done yet by the time I started reading it *four months ago* , so I decided to wait, and now that it's completed *Yay finally* I can continue. I just made it to Chapter 19, and like you said, it's really enjoyable and full of events.
Finally, I would like to thank you for writing such an amazing story *Truly, one of the best things I've ever read* I really enjoyed it and I appreciate that you were able to finish it despite having troubles with your dad. See you in the next review *It's a huge one so get ready for it* THANKS.
utdfan22 chapter 25 . 5/24/2013
Hey, I wanted to wait for the story to finish before leaving a review, just to make sure the next chapter didn't end up making it look like I was talking out of my ass.

I really enjoyed the story. Even if at times it seemed you were just throwing things (enemy types, return of Leon etc.) at us, it never felt slow or boring. It all seemed more or less plausible and ultimately was enjoyable in even its strangest moments.

Character-wise, I have no real complaints. Charlotte's short temper sometimes leading to bad decisions she should have seen coming and Johnathan seeming to just not think at times rather than being outright stupid helped to flesh the characters out a bit without going out of character.

Overall, I'd recommend it as a fun little side story to anyone not taking Castlevania too seriously.
a reader chapter 8 . 5/23/2013
hey there! i'm kinda new around. And I don't really know how to post comments so i'll use this little feature here.
um, i'm also a fan of kingdom hearts and castlevania and the final fantasy series despite that I did not play all the games in these 3 series. so my guess is that the title comes from rondo of blood...
Guest chapter 24 . 5/22/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
MaidenofAlchemy chapter 25 . 5/22/2013
Well, this is an interesting end. Granted, not a fairytale ending, but I'm happy to see some closure. Even though you left many unanswered questions. XD Overall, I enjoyed this story. Good luck with future works.
Lili chapter 24 . 5/11/2013
Actually, I can see why the Lord Destroyer is wrong. You used successor because you were referring to Maria Fox, not Maria Renard who's currently controlling the body. This was not a mistake, though many who see it as such because they would miss-read the context. I hope you update soon, cause I am dying to see the ending.
Jim chapter 24 . 4/29/2013
What had happened in the end? Will there be another chapter to this?
Lord Destroyer chapter 24 . 4/20/2013
About the final line in this chapter, I believe the word is predecessor, not successor. I've seen many fics with this same mistake. Better look it up in a dictionary, an actual hard copy one, if you can. It's should be obvious, 'pre' in predecessor, I believe, means before. It's evident in words like pre-date, prequel, pre-school, and so on.

Again, I'm trying to be helpful, especially since many other authors make the same, or worse mistakes.
AFrailDreamer chapter 24 . 4/15/2013
Man I was really, really happy to see the chapter update, however I'm really DREADING the wait time for the next chapter. I've been following this story since chapter 1 and its been very interesting however over the course of about 20 months now uploads between chapters have been getting quite long :( please don't make me and others wait 3 months for a chapter. Chapter quality has been great as it's pretty much always been.
James Birdsong chapter 24 . 4/7/2013
Good four chapters
Vampirewerewolf1 chapter 2 . 4/3/2013
Clever of you to see that Renard is Fox is French, but that was to be expected of a Canadian :)
Lord Destroyer chapter 24 . 4/2/2013
Feh! Sometimes harsh words are needed, especially if the story looks abandoned, and as I stated, I've seen many fics that are abandoned without being stated as such. I will not apologies for what was a means to end, but I will apologies for any hurt feelings. If I came out too harsh or rude, then I am indeed sorry, but that's it.

Hmmm...I was hoping that Charlotte stay a vampire without losing herself, but nice to know that the sanctuary spell worked. Speaking of spells, what did become of that particular succubus? Is she even still alive, if so, will she seek true love instead of mere lust?

I have agree with Jonathan, it seems Dracula was interested in creepy haunted castle deal even before he became a vampire. I guess he would find it amusing to try and scare thieves that way. Well, at least this time, the fight ended without Dracula being killed.

By the way, I've been playing Mirror of Fate on 3DS, and I cannot believe that they rebooted the entire series, let alone the fact that a Belmont became Dracula. I think I prefer the original series than the reboot, even if the reboot is a little enjoyable to play.